• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heated Grips

chclawson2704118

Does anyone have any good recommendations on heated grips? I can do all the wiring and install myself, just curious if anyone had any particular kits they recommend. Thanks.

i did "hotgrips", originally for snowmobiles. i also got the PWM controller so that i had more choices in how much heat to add. I'd also recommend tying it all in through a relay that is triggered off of the "on" part of the ignition switch so that if you forget to turn off the grips, they shut off anyway when you turn the key to "off". i have found that heated grips on my C10 add at least a month on both ends of the riding season. C10 is pretty good about keeping you pretty protected except for the hands. here the hotgrips helped a lot. plan for a weekend install.
-tdbru

A relay using the front lights as a trigger worked well for me - then a fused line for the power. The grips trick my body into feeling warmer too.