• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heath Creek from Missouri

HeathCreek

A little about me: I am 45 years old. Married for 22 years. My wife and I have 2 boys (19, 20) and a little girl (9). I am a high school teacher, finishing up my 17th year. I have been a cruiser guy all my riding life. I have seen the entire contiguous country on the motorcycle (minus North Dakota and New Mexico), and have ridden as far Northeast as Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have even taken my sons on multiple cross-country trips since they were 9-years old. There isn’t much of our beloved country that I haven’t seen. A couple years ago I started looking into Sport Touring motorcycles, after reading about guys making trips to Alaska on Honda ST1300s. For some reason, it lit a spark and got me interested in a possible new motorcycle experience. I spent the next two years or so reading, learning, admiring, inquiring, and test riding various Sport Tourers. I thought the FJR1300 was gonna be the one for me. Concerned with the transition from a cruiser, I thought the FJR would be a little more “cruisey”. But, I eventually settled back to my Kawasaki roots, took a chance on a Black Connie, and eventually fell deeply in love. In fact, I was falling more in love with Connie every day but deep down I knew she wasnt going to be my forever Connie. When this Spring rolled around, I was already dreaming about and preparing for the summer's journey ahead, and getting her all ready. Then yesterday, it happened. A 2017 Blue Connie became available at my local dealer. I walked in and offered a longshot deal, and they accepted! So, long story short, I now currently own a 2013 Voyager (also for sale and beautiful), a 2006 Vulcan Classic (98,000 miles), a 2014 Black Connie (currently for sale), and now a 2017 Blue Connie. Four bikes is a little bit of a problem currently....or is it? LOL! Seriously, though, I need to find a good home now for Black Connie ASAP (I have listed her in the Classifieds). I am looking forward to getting involved with COG. I am really digging the ST community where it is about the machine, the ride, the beauty and exploration of the country, and the people that share my same passion for it….which is the way it should be. I am not into trying to fit a biker image or crowd, and I am certainly not a party guy. I just like hanging around good people and l love riding loooong looong distances. Looking forward to exchanging stories, comparing notes, and learning from good folks, be it about motorcycles or otherwise. Thank you to all who put time and effort in maintaining such a wonderful organization. Thank you for reading my post. Hope to meet many of you soon! Go Royals!

Sincerely,
Heath

Attachments

• 20230423_182602.jpg
    20230423_182602.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 54