• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heli Bars

wingboy71

Training Wheels
I have a question to anybody who has experience with Heli handlebars for Connie. Can you tell me if I need extended throttle lines and choke when you use Heli. Appreciate any suggestions.

Paul 

It would depend on how high you go. When I got my '01 it had Helibars, and braided brake lines. The were stretched tight when the front wheel was off the ground, (after I replace the forks) so I took the lines off my '88 and they were fine. But the Helibars aren't all the way up, if I raised them another inch I would need new lines.

Willy
When I did my front brakes change I order longer brake lines about 0.75 inch longer. All I care as far as Heli is to decrease forward lean so I want to adjust the in max set back position to make me seat a little straighter. My position already changed since I changed my seat for Russell day long seat as I seat higher and with more forward lean, nothing to extreme but I think I feel more comfortable seating more straight. Reason I am asking I have a chance to get used Heli for about 80$, not perfect, some surface rust that needs cleaning and new paint but all hardware is included so I wonder if it's worth trying. Right now I have KB risers and I like them but 1 inch or less set back will probably help. Thanks   

For 80 bucks, go for it. They are $400 new. I had mine all the way up and back so they almost touched the tank. No new lines needed.

Yes everything is included adapter too. came originally from 94 Connie. I did my own digging on internet and I found that all stock cables are retained except from clutch cable only for 86 model. Thanks for all your input

I wouldn't hesitate to snap up a set a Helis for that price. Even if you decide don't want them after you try them, you could sell them here for a nice profit.