• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heli Horizon Handlebars

Jeff.C

My Concours came equipped with Heli Horizon Handlebars due to it being a Police Enforcer. Are these popular sought-after aftermarket parts since my plan will be to remove them and install the OEM handlebar uprights and bars?

They have what appear to be two extra options, on the left bar is an articulating flat mount that supported a piece of police equipment, and the other is Hella DIN Receptacle, the complete set-up is in really nice shape but it's not for me since i like more sport then up-right

Attachments

• C9CEA6BB-C313-49CA-BC98-1B5886A922A5.jpeg
    C9CEA6BB-C313-49CA-BC98-1B5886A922A5.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 04C477F2-6E15-4C4E-8A3A-A7EADF77492B.jpeg
    04C477F2-6E15-4C4E-8A3A-A7EADF77492B.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 171
  • B18EDA8C-3D5F-4410-892E-12ED7CD928A1.jpeg
    B18EDA8C-3D5F-4410-892E-12ED7CD928A1.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 163
Well, I can confirm that swapping out the main headlights on a machine with the Helibars is a LOT easier. Spent half the time, and didn't ding my knuckles at all when trying to get the retention wire strung and secured across the back of the new bulbs while helping a COGer last evening. And getting the connectors snapped into place while making a good seal with the rubber boots was a breeze compared to what it was like on my machine, even though I have the 2" risers installed.

Last edited:
Yes, the headlamp bulb lock wire can be tricky sometimes when pushing in and then down to free it from the tab! but not enough to keep me from wanting sport-orientated bars :)

Just ordered brand new Bar holders L + R and handlebars (Steel Pipe) from Kawasaki. Once the new parts are on my machine, will post the complete Heli Horizon setup including Nuts-bolts-brake hoses to our forums C14 classifieds.

Tell me about it, Murph!!
Riding into the office in the morning found myself next to this guy at the light, He looked over at me and screamed nice bars poser
1666126616249.png

Completely illegal in every state.....and he probably wonders why he gets 'hassled' by the police....

Last edited:
+1 on what philipintexas said. These are expensive and an attractive modification for people that log miles and want comfort. I installed mine in prep for an Iron Butt Coast to Coast ride that was derailed by other priorities. Still plan on the ride, however can't believe I waited this long to purchase and install them.