• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

HeliBars From Other Models Fit?

oldsmoboat

Thinking about picking up some HeliBars but supply seems low.  Any other models/years work on a 2004 C10?

They're called Moxi bars - a couple people here have them. Maybe you can get some insight from them - I think ZG has them, and turbojoe has an old post saying he has them: [/size]http://forum.cog-online.org/profile/?u=22352

Maybe search the forum for Moxi bars and see what pops up.

What scares you about them?

TurboJoe commented on them here:

http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c10/helibars-logistical-question/msg453225/#msg453225

JimBob said:
They're called Moxi bars - a couple people here have them. Maybe you can get some insight from them - I think ZG has them, and turbojoe has an old post saying he has them: [/size]http://forum.cog-online.org/profile/?u=22352

Maybe search the forum for Moxi bars and see what pops up.

What scares you about them?
What scares me is that all the descriptions say for 125CC.  I would assume the would be lighter weight than something designed for 1000 CC.
A search for Moxi turns up the same thread.
For $50, I might try them.

I bought a set of 1987 BMW K 100 LT bars off ebay for $25.00 + shipping. I purchased Storz bar adapters and rox risers from someone on the COG and added 6" over brake and clutch lines. I love the difference the bars made. The only thing with BMW bars is you will need to drill a small hole for the tab on your controls so they will not move around when you hit your turn signals or kill switch. Also the bar ends holes are not large enough for your stock connie bar end weights. Other that that they are great.

What scares me is that all the descriptions say for 125CC.

Well, if they said "for 1000cc" would you believe it?
;D

I've seen them advertised for motorcycles, not scooters. But I take the labelling that with a grain of salt - Chinese manufacturers aren't exactly known for their transparency/integrity.

I'd go by why they're like when I receive them. Heck, for that price we could catastrophically test them. Any engineers here who can do failure tests want to take this on?

I've put just under 8000 miles on the Moxi bars and have had no problems at all with them.

They seem more than sturdy enough to me.  And there very adjustable.

How are they attached to a C-10 Tripple tree?
The photo shows std round bar installation, and a C-10 doesn't have round bar attachment points...

Ride safe, Ted

Gotta have an adapter plate, Ted.

Murph used to sell one, maybe they're on ebay now?

I got lucky, my bike came with one.

gPink said:
How do the Moxi bars compare to the old style c10 Helibars in width and height if anyone knows?

This was in the box for the Moxi bars I have...

Attachments

• Moxi Bar Dimensions.JPG
    Moxi Bar Dimensions.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 140
Ginger Ninja said:
Where would I go to order the line extensions, and possibly throttle and choke cables?
Drop Murph a line IIRC he can get custom lengths of cables and lines