• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello all new owner in southern ontario.

JadedMarxist

Hello
My name is Don, I'm in southern Ontario and have just bought a 2001 concourse 1000.

I just got my licence at 38, last summer. This is now my 4th  bike, I had started with a 81 honda gold wing. Way to heavy honestly scared me a little, then bought a 91 buell blast. Insurance quotes me at 4500$ year. (Not a chance I'm paying that). Traded the buell for an 85 yamaha maxim 700.

Yamaha didn't run when I got it. So I rode the yamaha for half a season. This season I picked up 2001 concourse 1000.

High mileage but well maintained. What a bike!! I know limited exp that I have only ever riding the yamaha but it's like night and day.

The end goal was a harley street glide or road king. Not no more ik in love with my connie. I love that when my bike comes around the corner all the little kids riding there 125cc cars with load exhaust racing up and down the road all night, all slow down nice and fast. Lol

I think I have my new favorite vehicle move over 500hp charger.

Welcome! I am glad that you like your bike. This is great site for all things Concours. A Wing is never a good starter bike! I am surprised no one stopped you.

Curious questions... how is insurance for a bike, any bike be $4500?!?!?

:welcome:

Well, we have something in common. My first, short-lived bike at age 39 was an '86 Goldwing. I didn't know, had no biker friends and didn't care or think to ask. Yep, it scared me "nearly to death" too. It wasn't long before a traded it for a Kawasaki Vulcan 750.

Great to have you here!