• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello all..We are new to the group

Congrats on the 09. Good looking for sure. Welcome to the group. I am confident you will have a good time in Arkansas.

Welcome Kevman.
Your gonna like it here.
Great folks. (Even Konehead)

We'll see you at the National too.
I'll be EZ to find. I'll be the guy on a Red Connie. <grin>

Where 's home?

Ride safe, Ted

Mr and Mrs. Kevman welcome to the group! I expect you will enjoy the C14, looks someone has previously loved the machine you now own. Just as much or more you’ll enjoy the relationships that are born here (and some squabbles, we’re a family, it happens).

Will also be my first COG National next year, looking forward to meeting. Do you guys ever get north - we are SE PA. Where’s home base for you?

Blue (our 17’ C14) gets ridden >98% two-up, my wife and I enjoy a spirited ride and try to burn rubber whenever we can - mostly day or long weekend trips.

See you around!

Welcome Kevman.
Your gonna like it here.
Great folks. (Even Konehead)

We'll see you at the National too.
I'll be EZ to find. I'll be the guy on a Red Connie. <grin>

Where 's home?

Ride safe, Ted
Hi Ted...we are in Louisiana..near the tx border about an hour north of Lake Charles..

Congrats on the 09. Good looking for sure. Welcome to the group. I am confident you will have a good time in Arkansas.
Thanks Tim...where are you in WA. ? I was born in Bellingham, and spent many many years in Centralia/Chehalis and Aberdeen. I only miss the pretty scenery anymore.

Kevman, you're in the ideal spot to go ride Arkansas with us. (and visit Cliff)
Not sure yet when that will be, but we normally do several weekend type trips each year.
We'll prolly do one in the spring.

Ride safe, Ted

Howdy, and welcome. Let the farkling begin. LOL Plenty of options to fit every taste. Looks like it already has a slipon with the stock header, smoked screen and a seat cover. Can't tell if there are spacers on the handlebars from the angle of the photo. Looks like it's in really great shape.

Enjoy the ride! Don't be a stranger. Jump right in! :^ ) AB

Howdy, and welcome. Let the farkling begin. LOL Plenty of options to fit every taste. Looks like it already has a slipon with the stock header, smoked screen and a seat cover. Can't tell if there are spacers on the handlebars from the angle of the photo. Looks like it's in really great shape.

Enjoy the ride! Don't be a stranger. Jump right in! :^ ) AB
Thank you...I am getting a v stream to replace the smoked screen and probably going to get a day long or Terry's seat for it. There are 2" risers on it..i thought about set backs etc..but i decided i am just going to get Heli bars so i can get the exact riding position i want. I have a few things like an ECU Flash to get done and new tires..but the bike was a great deal with 26k miles at $3600.. We have been riding it and its a great bike.
Thanks for your kind words and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Awesome deal at only $3,600 with that few miles on it. Not sure what your appetite is for it, but right around that mileage is when we normally get valve checks done (which can be pricey - maybe close to the same cost as a new well-appointed RDL seat, but it extends the life of the motor a good deal).

The seat question is something I've been bouncing around too, and in the interim I just got an air cushion for the longer runs. I'm prepping for an Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 in early spring. Agree with you about changing the screen as it's pretty hard to ride at night with it up when it's smoked like that. I've been told the helibars are tops, and I may eventually get to that point, but for now my 2" risers are fitting the bill.

Less expensive investments that help reduce risk of unplanned issues I've got on my to-do list include a radiator guard and extended fenders. Here in the Houston area we've got so much gravel and other debris on the roads it's incredible. I've replaced 5 windshields on my SUVs and coupes since moving here in 2013. Never had a cracked windshield in my entire life, but here around H-town it's a fairly regular thing.

The ECU flash is going to wow you, but set your expectations accordingly. It won't feel like a turbo has been bolted on, but it eliminates the fuel shutoff on throttle down and remaps the HP/torque curve to give near-max output all the way up the rev range to 10.5 so it is exceedingly energetic. With the slipon and ECU the bike will really open up to its potential without any major (eg. expensive) internal modifications. You are gonna LOVE it like all the rest of us, as will your passenger.

I'd also recommend (at that mileage) consider getting the Bearinged Upshifter to help smooth out those clutchless upshifts. At less than $30 it's a very effective and quick upgrade you can do at home in 15-20 mins with minimal tools.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! :^ ) AB

here is a seat redo that i had done

Hello Kevman & Mrs., Welcome from another new member and new (used) Connie owner. I am in South Arkansas so not too far away. My wife and I are booked for the rally too so maybe we can get in a few miles together. I look forward to making new friends. I too found a 2010 for a similar price. The bargains on these great bikes are surprising. Now we just need a few warm days!

Hello Kevman & Mrs., Welcome from another new member and new (used) Connie owner. I am in South Arkansas so not too far away. My wife and I are booked for the rally too so maybe we can get in a few miles together. I look forward to making new friends. I too found a 2010 for a similar price. The bargains on these great bikes are surprising. Now we just need a few warm days!
Hello, My name is Kevin..and my wife is Tammy. Thanks for the message..we look forward to meeting you at the Rally..perhaps we can ride up that way together..we are planning on riding Saturday up to Texarkana and spend the night then Sunday head up to the Hotel in Arkansas at the Rally. My email is kevmanbell@gmail.com. Talk soon.. : )

Kevman/Wnix, a few of us will prolly be headed to Arkansas in Feb or March. (Weather dependent)
We'll be stopping by Cliff's and get him to ride with us.
Come ride with us.

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: It will be kind of a spur of the moment trip. Loosely based on the weather guessers prediction/promise for warm/dry weather.
Hoping that Cliff or mebbe Wnix can help us pick a weekend..

Ted..we may be ready to ride by then ?? we have to get a new seat, I need some pull backs for the bars and i want to get new tires and other assorted maintenance things to preform before we leave on any trips..may not be ready by then but when we are we will be good to go anywhere for sure..thanks..Kev and Tammy

Kevman/Wnix, a few of us will prolly be headed to Arkansas in Feb or March. (Weather dependent)
We'll be stopping by Cliff's and get him to ride with us.
Come ride with us.

Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: It will be kind of a spur of the moment trip. Loosely based on the weather guessers prediction/promise for warm/dry weather.
Hoping that Cliff or mebbe Wnix can help us pick a weekend..
Ted..i sent you a pm on the regular forum about your risers/pullback risers if your interested in selling them...thanks...kev

Hi Kev and Ted,

Sorry for the slow response. The wife and I were down with a bout of Long Covid starting around the new year. It never got serious but just hung on for weeks. Believe it or not we are just getting back in the swing of things. We would love to connect with you guys for a Feb/March ride or even up toward the rally later on. First, I have to figure out how to fix my jammed left saddlebag lock, but I am working on that. Else I will have to ride the Wing.

I hope to see you all soon,

Wayne

We talked about an Ark ride April 30th weekend, but it may move to the COG Rally in Tennessee instead.
The decision hasn't been made yet.

Ride safe, Ted

We talked about an Ark ride April 30th weekend, but it may move to the COG Rally in Tennessee instead.
The decision hasn't been made yet.

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, why not do both? Ride AR before or after TN, you'll be coming through AR anyway to get to TN. You got nothing but time, just do it! 🏍️

I'll be headed to TN.

Thanks Tim...where are you in WA. ? I was born in Bellingham, and spent many many years in Centralia/Chehalis and Aberdeen. I only miss the pretty scenery anymore.
I'm in the north central part of Washington. I bought a candy diamond red C14 in Dec of 08. Mine is an ABS model. It's been a reliable machine overall. Favorite ride? SR 20 over the North Cascades. Let us know if you come back this way. We have a good crowd out here.