• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello! Can it be done?

mdrofarm3900

OKRofarm
My name is Mark and I now have time and want to start riding motorcycles again. Found a 2006 Kawasaki Concours 1000 with 30k, and all accessories at a dealer. This group was one of the first things I was told to join so here I am! Wish I could go to the annual meet but thats when we cut wheat here in Oklahoma.

Mark welcome to the COG!

The C10 is a steady machine and will aptly welcome you back to world of motorcycle riding.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Ask any questions you have on the C-10. Lots of answers.
The answers won't all be the same, but lots of them. <grin>
When you get a chance. Come ride with us.
Wish you could make it to the National.
Mebbe a day or 2?

Ride safe, Ted

Ask any questions you have on the C-10. Lots of answers.
The answers won't all be the same, but lots of them. <grin>
When you get a chance. Come ride with us.
Wish you could make it to the National.
Mebbe a day or 2?

Ride safe, Ted
I would love to unfortunately, harvest usually is then. This will be my 45th and I'm only 60. My dad never did anything fun he quit driving a combine when he was 85. He bought me my first motorcycle but loved the 3&4 wheelers and his Gator.

Welcome, heres some key points to search and check for via the forum..

Hydrolock
Overflow tubes for the carbs. (To prevent hydrolock)
Petcock. (To prevent hydrolock)
Jbox damaged by too many electrical farkles (accessoriess) connected to 1 circuit. Easily remedied by adding an auxiliary fuse block.
Steering head bearing loose, resulting in head shake between 40-55mph with hands off handlebars...

Thanks! Will check them out. I am a tall person (6'2") do you have any suggestions on a replacement windshield? The old one is not cracked, just discolored and ugly. I heard a taller one would be better than OEM.

Welcome to the group! Get a madstad. Makes my C10 a whole lot more enjoyable. I'll never go back to a conventional windshield.

Madstad here

Welcome to the group! Get a madstad. Makes my C10 a whole lot more enjoyable. I'll never go back to a conventional windshield.

Madstad here
I saw that before and glad you suggested it. Now what size do you think would fit me? And did you get a tinted one? I like the adjustability factor!

Madstad here
How low can the Madstad go ? Now that I have a shorter Rifle I may never go back to a taller shield but would be nice to have an easy option for the really cold rides .

Just rode her for a while and the stock windshield really doesn't bother me. Maybe on a real long ride? Noise doesn't seem to be a bad problem and wind doesn't bother my face/helmet. Maybe keep it OEM? Any thoughts?

When i first got my 98 i rode with the stock screen for about a year. I tried the slip on edge lips in an effort to quiet down the wind noise, but the wasnt working. So i went to the rifle system. Had tinted screen for summer that was slightly shorter than stock and a clear taller screen that i used for November thru april in northern illinois.

How low can the Madstad go ? Now that I have a shorter Rifle I may never go back to a taller shield but would be nice to have an easy option for the really cold rides .
I think this is all the way down. Getting enough air shouldn't be a problem.

Attachments

• 20190826_073227.jpg
    20190826_073227.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 86
Ok, the wind came up to 40 mph from the north (this is Oklahoma so there's always a lot). Now I can tell how the stock windshield really is! P U! Definitely has to be something better!

Keep in mind that farkles that you buy, but don't like, can be sold pretty easily via the classified section of the forum. The madstad is totally adjustable for height and angle. They also offer different windshields for different sized people. I don't know what more anyone could want.

Keep in mind that farkles that you buy, but don't like, can be sold pretty easily via the classified section of the forum. The madstad is totally adjustable for height and angle. They also offer different windshields for different sized people. I don't know what more anyone could want.
Thanks for the pic Bud. I definitely like that. It would look exactly like the picture because mine is blue too! It looks by the picture you have a different seat. What do you have? Does it give you a little more room to scoot back? I wouldn't mind scooting an inch or two rearward.

It's a seat from Terry's custom seats in Tennessee. The previous owner set this bike up so that the rider is completely upright. Different handlebars, tubular handlebar adapter, risers, longer choke cable and hydraulic hoses. It has real cruise control. The only big changes I have made is the madstad shield and a progressive rear shock. This one is a keeper.