• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Austria

Austriamach3

My name is Chris, I'm 57 and ride Kawasaki since 40 years.
I was always the around 100mls rider and enjoy the freedom on two wheels. I have a z1r tc Turbo and a couple of 400 and 500 two stroke triples. Last year I decided that I want more before I really get old. A dealer 200 miles away had a 1995 c10 for sale in October, 12000 miles and excellent condition. 1 year warranty for 2000 Euro.
1 hour later I was the new owner.
Now I'm reading everything about this cycle and this forum is a real trasure.
I know there is some work to do before I start next April.
Greetings from Austria

Greetings Chris,
Welcome to COG. Congrats on the new to you C-10. Great machines - I owned a 97 previous the 17’ C-14.

FYI - As a full member much more technical literature is available and a plethora of content for the C-10 is in the library.

Hope you enjoy the ride.

Cheers,
Wayne

Welcome Chris, dont know if ur aware but there is also a gtr forum and riding group thats a sister organization to COG. They hold riding events over on your side of the pond. From our 'experts' who have traveled to ride with our gtr brothers and sisters they are well sorted out and a great group of people.

G'day mate! Glad to have you from the land down unda!

Just kidding...had to throw in a little Lloyd Christmas ref.

Enjoy the C10, and when you get to be my age, (58) you may want to move up to a C-14.

Welocme.

Hello Chris. Welcome to the Forum.
There are multiple Concours riding groups in Europe.
GCE {GTR Riding Club Europe} is the sister club to COG {Concours Owners group}.
I highly recommend that you contact them. Good folks...
Many member's of GCE are personal fiends of ours.
Some of us have been fortunate enough to ride Europe {particularly the Alps} with them...
I know one of them that lives in Austria. {Ralf}

Here is a shortcut to their site. Contact them for upcoming rides.
me @ The GTR Club Europe || Welco (zggtr.org)

I think that Tour de Twist is already planned for 2021..

Ride safe, Ted

Thank you all for the welcome. On April 1. I'll take home the new to me C10 and then the adventure begins. In first season i plan a few trips to the alps and learn to know the bike. Maybe I have to lower the Connie a bit, because I'm 5 feet 8 with inseam 29. My weight is 170, but as former Powerlifter I think there's no Problem.
Of course things like 2min mod and exhaust sprocket will follow.
Will take care to the hydrolock too.
Until then i read everything I can find and of course I'll contact GCE too.
Greetings from over the Pond
Chris

My name is Chris, I'm 57 and ride Kawasaki since 40 years.
I was always the around 100mls rider and enjoy the freedom on two wheels. I have a z1r tc Turbo and a couple of 400 and 500 two stroke triples. Last year I decided that I want more before I really get old. A dealer 200 miles away had a 1995 c10 for sale in October, 12000 miles and excellent condition. 1 year warranty for 2000 Euro.
1 hour later I was the new owner.
Now I'm reading everything about this cycle and this forum is a real trasure.
I know there is some work to do before I start next April.
Greetings from Austria
Welcome!
I’ve always felt the best thing about buying my c10 was joining CoG

Welcome, Chris! I've been to Austria once, for a brief visit, for work. Beautiful country, but of course, you know that well.

If you continue to find COG of benefit, hopefully you will consider joining the group. For now, get to know the people, learn your way around and enjoy that bike.

Best to you!

Welcome to the group ,Chris. You will enjoy the C-10. I bought an '86 16 years ago when I got back into riding. The great folks in COG helped me learn about the bike.

Someday, I hope we can meet and ride together in Austria. I skied in Austria two years ago and love both the country and people of Austria.

Enjoy the bike and the people in the club.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Sorry that I reply so late. I was the last weeks busy to read everything in the forum about Connie and didn't look here. We had lockdown here in Lower Austria, so I couldn't take home my bike before Thursday.
It was a very nice ride home and I like the bike except the extremely buzz at 80mp/h, but I will figure that out.
Nevertheless there is not everything positive:
First of all I contacted the pre owner and he told me about an accident and that many parts including triple tree, forks, tank and fairings was changed and painted new.
The fork was also loswerden and improved by a lokal shop with progressive WP springs, but there are some strange things, which I will write down separately.
Tires are Bridgestone Bt45 rear and 020 front from 2016 nearly new which seems to be a good
starting point for the first season.
Motor sounds good and revs free. I found unrestricted carb caps and the N52M jet needle.
Also found a carb heater and the low emission thingy.
Now we have rain and cold weather for the next 2 weeks, so I have time to sort all out.
I will of course join COG
Cheers
Chris

Congrats on the new bike -- the C10 is an amazingly reliable and fun machine.
I had the great fortune of getting to ride some of the roads in the Innsbruck region (actually 8 countries from Netherlands to Italy) and the experience haunts me -- I want to go back. +! on the recommendation to connect with the GCE -- very active group (at least pre-pandemic) and they sponsor some very nice rallies and rides.
But watch out for Ralf. He's a local hero who lives on the east side of Lake Constance -- best to avoid the whole region if possible. He snores, runs his bike on 3 cylinders and thinks Holy Days are an excuse for not drinking! And his pronunciation of "tale of the squirrel" is a little suspect.
Cheers,
Dan