• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from freddyburg VA

caffinated19125

I’m finally an owner of a connie 14. A 2018 I picked up after trading my way out of the half ton cruiser world, I always liked the 1400 concours, the styling and the power of the detuned ZX14 motor under the plastic, just had to shed the fat cruiser phase lol.
I love the way this bike handles, it just begs to be thrown into curves, to which I glad comply.

I’m finally an owner of a connie 14. A 2018 I picked up after trading my way out of the half ton cruiser world, I always liked the 1400 concours, the styling and the power of the detuned ZX14 motor under the plastic, just had to shed the fat cruiser phase lol.
I love the way this bike handles, it just begs to be thrown into curves, to which I glad comply.
Welcome, the C14 will bring some caffeine to your riding experience! Your area is in close proximity to endless, quality, and exhilarating riding!

Join as a full member to unlock member benefits including useful maintenance documents, discounts and more.

Let’s hear more about your new machine, what your experiences have been previously and any farkles you would like to do in the future - if you don’t have a list of farkles we can help with that!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Reactions: Bud
Welcome, the C14 will bring some caffeine to your riding experience! Your area is in close proximity to endless, quality, and exhilarating riding!

Join as a full member to unlock member benefits including useful maintenance documents, discounts and more.

Let’s hear more about your new machine, what your experiences have been previously and any farkles you would like to do in the future - if you don’t have a list of farkles we can help with that!

Wayne, Carol & Blue
I’ve owned lots of JSM’s a couple Harley’s (a 2007 VSRCAW…vrod…and a 2014 street glide) and I just traded a 2017 indian Chieftain with 64k miles on it…I definitely don’t buy garage ornaments, if I ain’t riding it I don’t need to own it. I’ve rode to three corners of the US, San Diego is the last corner I need for the continental states and my bucket list ride is Australia (that is if the govt there allows motorcycles within the next 10 years….morons) I’m not sure if I’d want any extras on the connie other than a slightly taller windscreen. It’s just about an inch and a hal too short, but not really that big of an inconvenience. I came from a bike that had everything you could ever want on a bike, less is better.

That depends on if my wife wants to ride her spyder or not. Lol
Even better - share a hobby with your wife…. That also helps in racking up the miles / smiles 👍.

How does she like to C14?

My wife enjoys the machine - we’ve done a bit to help make the suspension more supportive of our combined weight, taller w-shield and a real fun Quickshifter - all those items helped improve her experience (and mine too 😉).

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I was looking at a lip attachment for the stock windscreen, could be what I need to get the wind over my helmet. She hasn’t been on the kaw yet so, we’ll see. Might get gel pads put in the stock seat for a little more long range comfy butt..will see. I’ve put about 2200 miles on it since I bought it last November and my list of gripes is very small.

Might get gel pads put in the stock seat for a little more long range comfy butt..will see. I’ve put about 2200 miles on it since I bought it last November and my list of gripes is very small.
We use the medium sized Air Hawk seat cushions and this extends our comfort not only to our behinds but also necks / spine.

Additionally, to support our weight / riding habits we use a double adjust Penske rear shock.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I have a 2014 and live near Williamsburg, VA.

Welcome to the COGdom Caffinated. Your gonna like it here.

A good test is to buy an inexpensive clip-on wind deflector/lip on Ebay and then (assuming you like it) look for an ideal. There are many designs. Look for a wide one.

ie; You can keep the inexpensive deflector, buy a better one, or get a different shield with a wing. MRA Vario or MRA X-Creen are 2 good ones.

I went to the MRA Vario and even though it's shorter than stock, it gives me better/more adjustable wind protection.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Ted's seat sits lower than a stock seat. Unless you are really short, the taller of the two mra's would be the one to get. I didn't like the vario until I added madstad brackets. Still wish I would have went with the taller one.

I am not "really" short.
I'm just structurally deficient on one end.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: God only made so many bodies at the perfect height. The rest of them are tall.

Last edited:
Welcome Tony ( @caffinated19125 )

Hopefully you received the welcome email from me when you joined as a limited time trial member.

Check out upcoming events, not only in the northeast, but also what other area have to offer. Click on the EVENTS menu link at the top of the forum of web pages.

Don't forget the NE Spring Fling Rally is next weekend... May 18 - 21, 2023. https://concours.org/event-5065658

Lastly, please consider joining as a full member and help support the club. Check out the member benefits section for more information. https://concours.org/Membership-Comparison