• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Georgia Just bought an 09 with 36k miles

cruzman29921

Tricycle
All,
I am a long time Yamaha FZ1 owner and I have put about 60k miles of her 68k on a 2001. This bike was traded for the 2009 Connie (sad times). Some of you may have been following the Connie that I purchased under post from bmidd. And it came complete with the ZX14 front end and brakes that he has been working so hard on. My other bike is a 2014 BMW S1000R and I have just over 40k on her. BTW I name my bikes. FZ1 (Stella), S1KR (Trixi) and I have not yet jelled with the C14 so I am trying out lots of goofy names as we get to know one another. I look forward to learning lots from the forum and making some new friends. I am an Atlanta Local and have a cabin in the North GA mountains near TWO's I hope to meet some of you as I get to know the forum, the bike and make new friends.

Cruzman - Congratulations on the new to you ride, looking forward to hearing the name you land on. Fairly unoriginal but applicable we named our 2017 ‘Blue’ - obvious reason ?

Welcome as a member to COG, I think you will like it here - lots of helpful folks, knowledge and experiences to be shared. Case / Example: I had a thought about electrical capacity last night at about midnight - three folks and I exchanged thoughts middle of night - where else do you get that and from enthusiasts that know?? Nowhere!

Welcome cruzman*. There's a rally in Hohenwald, TN this month starting on the 22nd and the National rally is in NE Alabama in June. Run With The Wolf is at TWoS in September, so there's plenty to do this summer. I'm your SE AD and I live near Gainesville GA, so I'll look forward to meeting you.
Ron SImmons
SE AD

Welcome cruzman*. There's a rally in Hohenwald, TN this month starting on the 22nd and the National rally is in NE Alabama in June. Run With The Wolf is at TWoS in September, so there's plenty to do this summer. I'm your SE AD and I live near Gainesville GA, so I'll look forward to meeting you.
Ron SImmons
SE AD
Hey, thanks for reaching out. seems us FZ1 guys are always the week before or the week after your group. I remember one time that Copperdawg was saying he might want to stay another week and ride with your group but I am pretty sure he had to get back to FL and start turning our more of those beautiful bike parts. (The man has some serious skills). I'm about to head to Texas for a few weeks so I am going to be missing the roads and the new bike a lot. and will not be able to make the TN ride. The FZ Rally is the first weekend in June and I have an anniversary the week after. So September is still open. I'll pin that one down. And just reach out if your going to make it out and run the Skyway or any of the great N. GA S. TN, or S NC roads. I may not always be on the Connie but I do like to ride when I am up that way.