• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Latrobe PA

grossjo619476

Hello all,

Just finished up purchasing a 2022 Connie, this our second one, the first was a 2009. I think that we sold it in about 2015 (or 16) when all of the grandkids showed up and we weren't traveling very much. We both realized we missed riding to much to not have a bike!!

Now the fun part of finding all of accessories all over again!!

Welcome back.. check our the northeast area for upcoming events, Steve Smith and the n.e. group are very active...

Do they still make beer in Latrobe? I remember my brother and I had a cone top beer can from them...

Hi @grossjo619476

Hopefully you received the welcome email from me when you joined the club - if not let me know. Lots of good info there to get you going, plus the newsletter that went out early in the month. As a full member, you can go into your profile and change your forum name after being here a month - or send an email to the IT Officer or Membership Officer.

As Patrick stated, check out upcoming events, not only in the northeast, but also what other area have to offer. Click on the EVENTS menu link at the top of the forum of web pages.

Don't forget the NE Spring Fling Rally is next weekend... May 18 - 21, 2023. Even if you can't spend the weekend with us there, I suspect you are only 90 minutes away and can pop in for a few hours to meet people. Most people are out riding during the day, but FRI or SAT afternoon (3pm) before folks head out to dinner on FRI or SAT should be a good time to catch folks milling around the parking lot chatting it up. https://concours.org/event-5065658

I see you may be interested in planning a ride or meet & Greet. Reach out to me and I can assist getting you rolling with this, or if you have any other questions.

Welcome back.. check our the northeast area for upcoming events, Steve Smith and the n.e. group are very active...

Do they still make beer in Latrobe? I remember my brother and I had a cone top beer can from them...
They do still brew there. It used to be Rolling Rock until they were bought by Anheuser-Busch. AB moved the brewing to Newark NJ.
Now I think it's City Brewing, they brew for anyone that needs extra capacity.

Hi @grossjo619476

Hopefully you received the welcome email from me when you joined the club - if not let me know. Lots of good info there to get you going, plus the newsletter that went out early in the month. As a full member, you can go into your profile and change your forum name after being here a month - or send an email to the IT Officer or Membership Officer.

As Patrick stated, check out upcoming events, not only in the northeast, but also what other area have to offer. Click on the EVENTS menu link at the top of the forum of web pages.

Don't forget the NE Spring Fling Rally is next weekend... May 18 - 21, 2023. Even if you can't spend the weekend with us there, I suspect you are only 90 minutes away and can pop in for a few hours to meet people. Most people are out riding during the day, but FRI or SAT afternoon (3pm) before folks head out to dinner on FRI or SAT should be a good time to catch folks milling around the parking lot chatting it up. https://concours.org/event-5065658

I see you may be interested in planning a ride or meet & Greet. Reach out to me and I can assist getting you rolling with this, or if you have any other questions.
Thanks Steve, I did receive it. I do wish I could make the Spring Fling, unfortunately work is going to keep from going. That's a great area to ride!!

I do have a question about the site that you may be able to help me with. When I filled out my profile I was asked if I could provide maintenance/housing assistance. I was looking on the site for a directory of members that can provide help while traveling, hopefully none of us will ever need it but I would like to know how to find the information.

Thanks

Thanks Steve, I did receive it. I do wish I could make the Spring Fling, unfortunately work is going to keep from going. That's a great area to ride!!

I do have a question about the site that you may be able to help me with. When I filled out my profile I was asked if I could provide maintenance/housing assistance. I was looking on the site for a directory of members that can provide help while traveling, hopefully none of us will ever need it but I would like to know how to find the information.

Thanks

Great question - the directory is one of the best member only benefits - besides the quarterly Concourier magazine. There is a searchable online version and a printed Member Handbook that is published and mailed annually - typically in March. Looking at your start date you just missed the mailing, but will get one within your membership year next March. The link to the online version can be found on the forum or main webpages menu at the top of the pages... look for this menu item: Resources -> Members Directory

HTH

Great question - the directory is one of the best member only benefits - besides the quarterly Concourier magazine. There is a searchable online version and a printed Member Handbook that is published and mailed annually - typically in March. Looking at your start date you just missed the mailing, but will get one within your membership year next March. The link to the online version can be found on the forum or main webpages menu at the top of the pages... look for this menu item: Resources -> Members Directory

HTH
Thanks Steve!! I was finding the directory search option but I didn't select "simple search" which then shows a list of members.

I was under the impression that enough Membership handbooks were printed that (until the extra's run out) new members received a handbook?
Maybe someone could send him one from last year?
I'm willing to but just moved and can't find mine.

C'mon COGgers. Help the new guy out.

Ride safe, Ted

Welcome. Latrobe! Near home for me. I grew up in Belle Vernon. Spent 3 years (97-00) living in Latrobe. Bought my 99 zx-9r at cycle sport in Norvelt. I now live in MD about 20 minutes south of Baltimore and am new here too. Just bought 2015.

I didn't get printed handbook either, but it's fine. I did browse member list online a while back.