• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from North Carolina!

jelkins7040817

Hi! I'm Jake and this last weekend I picked up my first connie. She's a 99 and in really rough shape. I got her so I could have as a project while I learn as I go on getting her back up and on the road. 1631046288574.png

Welcome to the membership group Jake!

Why other MC’s do / have you own(ed)?

You mention the C10 is on rough shape, what’s the obvious list of issues you are aware of, mileage and do you know how long since she’s been a daily / frequent runner?

C-10 is a great machine! Again welcome aboard!

Welcome Jake. The '99 is known as the Barney Bike (a/k/a) the purple monster) but all in good fun. I happen to think the color is quite cool. Member Tom Sills (AAD - Rome GA) used to have one and it was often at our events. You've got GREAT resources in the member library, but if you need anything, just ask. There's worlds of experience in the club.

Our Fall rally is in Suches, GA this weekend, so come on down and let us see the bike.

Ron

Welcome to the membership group Jake!

Why other MC’s do / have you own(ed)?

You mention the C10 is on rough shape, what’s the obvious list of issues you are aware of, mileage and do you know how long since she’s been a daily / frequent runner?

C-10 is a great machine! Again welcome aboard!
The bike sat for a good number of years before the last owner tried to do some work on it. They got it running at least. Said they did and "engine flush". It's got 73k miles on it. Before I can even ride it, it needs:
Forks rebuilt. They were leaking bad and the dust covers were shot.
Carbs cleaned and synced.
Both the brake and clutch master cylinders need rebuilding.
New Tires.
The headlight isn't working.
Clutch work. Probably gonna replace the friction plates and star springs

I do have my daily ride which is a 09 Honda Shadow Spirit. It's just not that comfortable for longer rides. Here's a pic.
1631065177711.png

Welcome Jake. The '99 is known as the Barney Bike (a/k/a) the purple monster) but all in good fun. I happen to think the color is quite cool. Member Tom Sills (AAD - Rome GA) used to have one and it was often at our events. You've got GREAT resources in the member library, but if you need anything, just ask. There's worlds of experience in the club.

Our Fall rally is in Suches, GA this weekend, so come on down and let us see the bike.

Ron
I really liked the purple as well! Most of the plastic are in really bad shape though. I did pick up some of the red plastics from on 03 so its gonna be mismatched until I either get better plastics or paint it. If I get to that point.

Welcome from Southern California! Good luck with your C10! It will reward you with lots of smiles and miles!