• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Oregon!

Hello All! My name is Nick and I am the owner of a (new to me) 2013 C14! I bought the bike Friday from its original owner who took immaculate care of her. The bike looks like it came right off the showroom floor and only had 5,771 miles on it when I bought her…. I broke the 6K mile mark when I rode to work this morning!

I’m not a full member yet so I can’t post pics. After checking out the site more throughout the day I’m pretty sure I will become a full member before long!

Hello All! My name is Nick and I am the owner of a (new to me) 2013 C14! I bought the bike Friday from its original owner who took immaculate care of her. The bike looks like it came right off the showroom floor and only had 5,771 miles on it when I bought her…. I broke the 6K mile mark when I rode to work this morning!

I’m not a full member yet so I can’t post pics. After checking out the site more throughout the day I’m pretty sure I will become a full member before long!
Nick hello! Welcome to COG, wow sounds you found a garage queen - congrats.

Now become a full member - access many solid document archives and learn more than maybe you will ever want to know about your new baby.

BTW - I am jealous of your proximity to some of the best riding on the country. We live in PA, Had a trip recently from PA to CO/ UT and can’t wait to go back and go further west and north.. 11 days 5,600 miles - some of the best landscapes Ive seen ever!!

Also - HEY - check out where the Nationals is next year, your back yard?

Hope to see you around!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome Nick!! You got yourself a very nice bike with very low miles! Awesome. I would agree that becoming a full member has many benefits! The National next year is in Canyonville, Oregon June 12-16. I hope you can make it and possibly volunteer for getting it ready.

Hey Nick, welcome. What part of OR are you in? I'm just south of Portland.

Sounds like you got yourself a pretty sweet bike that is just barely getting broken in. Sounds like you need to take advantage of the nice weather (once the temp drops back down a bit...) and put some miles down together to get better acquainted!

Cheers,
Aaron

Hello All! My name is Nick and ... I can’t post pics.
Hi Nick, welcome from TriCities, WA. I occasionally do day rides down in the Fossil, Ukiah, Baker City areas of Oregon. Look forward to seeing photos of your new C14 (unbelievable low miles :)). How are you going to use it vs. your earlier bikes - commuting, touring, bike camping, speeding ... ?

Cecil

Going back and answering everyone’s questions:

2andBlue- Thank you for the warm welcome! I did see where next years Nationals are! About a three hour (likely less) ride from my house. I can’t imagine not attending! Your PA to CO/UT trip sounds amazing! I would love to do a ride like that!

Fastenova- I’m in Yamhill so we aren’t far away so we will have to link up one day for a ride! I can’t wait for this heat wave to pass so I can get her out and really see what she’s capable of! For now, riding back and forth to Hillsboro for work will have to suffice.

ZXtasy- Thanks for the welcome! BTW…. We really do have the best color C14 don’t we?!

Red Fox- We are far but not too far from each other! A link up may be in the cards! I bought the C14 not totally unfamiliar with them. I worked at a local to me dealership for 14 years so I’ve ridden C10’s and C14’s a plenty. Along with tons of other great machines. I’ve had multiple 600 and 1000cc sportbikes, a Z1000, a 950 Adventure, and even a Goldwing for a brief moment. For most of my life I’ve been a dirt bike rider but haven’t had a road bike in almost ten years. I almost bought a Hypermotard but felt the Concours was more practical since my wife wanted to join me on some rides too. I love the bike and could not be happier. I plan on mostly riding to work and back via back roads and taking the occasional weekend day ride. I live in wine country so there are beautiful roads everywhere right out of my driveway!

Fastenova- I’m in Yamhill so we aren’t far away so we will have to link up one day for a ride! I can’t wait for this heat wave to pass so I can get her out and really see what she’s capable of! For now, riding back and forth to Hillsboro for work will have to suffice.

Sounds good, would love to meet up some time! There are a couple of other COGgers very close to us.

I am not a fan of riding in 95*+ temps around here, it's usually just humid enough to make it miserable. Riding in drier climates is fine, I ride in central/eastern OR often, my trip thru Death Valley (on a naked sport bike) was hot but bearable... 115* but dry, so evaporative cooling is in full effect. I truly dunno how the folks down in the southern US can put up with the heat + humidity, I'd die!

Getting out at the crack of dawn makes a lot of difference. All the old folks I made fun of in my youth had the right idea. I consider the early morning hours to be the best part of the day.

Welcome from southern Indiana! Ted will be along shortly to tell you that RED "is" the fastest color.
Well, at least I learned you "something" Bud. But you sed it wrong, so I fixed it for ya.

Welcome to the COGdom NIck.
Your gonna like it here.

You'll find that COGgers are all good folks. (Even Bud/2and blue/Charlie/etc etc etc)
All of us will be more than happy to help you spend your money on farkles.

There are a few simple things you need to do soon.
Step #1. Get used to the bike.
Step #2. Get it flashed!!

Step #3. Start planning to attend next year's COG National!
Step#4. Ignore (Bud/2and blue/Charlie/etc etc etc) and listen to me.

Ride safe, Ted

Welcome from Bellevue, Wa.

Like Charlie said - join us in Baker City for Labor Day!

Andy

Getting out at the crack of dawn makes a lot of difference. All the old folks I made fun of in my youth had the right idea. I consider the early morning hours to be the best part of the day.
I took the C14 on a day trip over to central OR yesterday for work... ~175 miles each way. Left at 6:45 AM and had a lovely ride out, it was about 55* when I left the house. Cranked out my work as quickly as possible to beat the heat, and left around 1:30 to head home... was 90-95* and I was sweating the whole time. So yeah, I'm right there with you.

This time of year, it doesn't start to cool off until 7PM, and I'm not super keen on riding over the mountain pass in the dark, what with all the deer/elk frolicking on the centerline... so I just have to suck it up for the hot ride home. 🥵

Well, at least I learned you "something" Bud. But you sed it wrong, so I fixed it for ya.

Welcome to the COGdom NIck.
Your gonna like it here.

You'll find that COGgers are all good folks. (Even Bud/2and blue/Charlie/etc etc etc)
All of us will be more than happy to help you spend your money on farkles.

There are a few simple things you need to do soon.
Step #1. Get used to the bike.
Step #2. Get it flashed!!

Step #3. Start planning to attend next year's COG National!
Step#4. Ignore (Bud/2and blue/Charlie/etc etc etc) and listen to me.

Ride safe, Ted
@connie_rider, you had to send this message while I was carving the mountains for a week… Saw a couple red bikes along the way, must’ve been going all of 30 mph down hill - impressive.

@nick.schreiber3314 you’ve been warned, hoping you are liking your new home; time to put the helmet on - let’s ride! :eek:

Wayne. Carol & Blue