• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Help locating obsolete 2008 part

2tired

Training Wheels
I'm trying to locate part number 39156-0299 (PAD,SIDE COWLING,LH).  This is the pad that is glued to the inside of the front middle cowling.  All the dealers (so far) that I talk to tell me that this part is obsolete and not superseded.  I've been in contact with Vic Salisbury and he tells me that Kawasaki is supposed to maintain replacement parts for 10 years.  Considering that the cowling received a major overhaul on the 2010 model I'm wondering if this is the exception to that rule.

Regardless, I'd welcome any help in locating remaining NOS of this part and/or an explanation on why it's been obsoleted.

OK I just laid mine down 5 days ago :mad:  and it is a the local dealer if my new parts have the part you need on it,Well its your,I was trying to get the bike back home after leaving it at my moms house up on a mountain because of a two day rain storm, come down a gravel road with a slight decline and front wheel went in a rutt cause by the rain at 3 mph and 5 seconds it done over $4200 in damage, :'(  insurence has only $250 deductable  8) I am probly going to do the work myself SHOP said 5 WEEKs I will let you know as soon as I find out,Kenneth

Junior said:
OK I just laid mine down 5 days ago :mad:  and it is a the local dealer if my new parts have the part you need on it,Well its your,I was trying to get the bike back home after leaving it at my moms house up on a mountain because of a two day rain storm, come down a gravel road with a slight decline and front wheel went in a rutt cause by the rain at 3 mph and 5 seconds it done over $4200 in damage, :'(  insurence has only $250 deductable  8) I am probly going to do the work myself SHOP said 5 WEEKs I will let you know as soon as I find out,Kenneth

Thanks for the offer.  I really appreciate it.  If this works out, let me know the price and shipping.  I don't even know if the pad is REALLY necessary but I'm OCD and would like everything to be as near to original as possible (except for all the farkles  ;D).

Crashing anytime sucks but, at least with the slow speed ones, only your pride is injured.  Hard to believe that tupperware is that expensive. 

GFinCA said:

I originally ordered this part from Ron Ayers.  Their prices have always been very competitive and their people helpful and polite.  A few days after I ordered this part (and others) the customer rep emailed me and said that this part was obsolete.  He thought that he had found one for me in Columbus, MO but (as usual) the computer records did not match the actual inventory.  Since then I've tried to order from two other online vendors without luck.  The order goes through but eventually it's cancelled because the part is unavailable.  Very frustrating.

With a lot of patience and a putty knife and or a nylon bone (get this from a glass shop) you can peel your old one off and use spray glue to remount. Don't ask how I know.

Additionally you could go by one of your local high end car stereo shops and they will have some dynomat or similar that is appropriate for the task, just cut peel and stick.

I would defiantly put something back in. It helps with the heat and sound.