• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Help with Connie 14 2011 do not start in neutral

When try to start in neutral I do hear the click but nothing happens if I put the 1 gear and move the bike with out the clutch engage then I press the clutch and bike start
I replace the neutral switch but still the same
probably the starter ?
any ideas?
thanks for your attention !!!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I have a C10 and don't know C14's.

Starter works, something in line is stopping it from working under certain conditions.

Check clutch and side stand switches.

Last edited:
When try to start in neutral I do hear the click but nothing happens if I put the 1 gear and move the bike with out the clutch engage then I press the clutch and bike start
I replace the neutral switch but still the same
probably the starter ?
any ideas?
thanks for your attention !!!
Battery connections, ground, how old is battery? Has better been load tested? Do horn and lights work fine without motorcycle running?

Any disassembly or addition of electrical farkles before this ‘started’? And have you been the long term owner?

Wayne

Did you try with the clutch lever in both positions? It should start with the clutch out if in neutral, stand up or down. With the clutch lever pulled in it should start in gear or neutral. I am not sure about the stand, I also don't have a C 14. My 2013 Versys needs the stand up, but my C10 it can be down.

Did you use a meter to check for voltage at the starter solenoid? Is it the source of the click you are hearing? You should have power at the wire to the starter and the small wire from the relay box when you push the button.

I realize with the OP English is not his first language, but never the less I'm confused by his post.
He says { I think } he can get it to start. That to me means battery and starter is good, just a neutral or clutch safety switch issue?
Maybe an open circuit on the neutral switch?
Nick
2014 C-14