• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Help with Hildebrand Highway Pegs

BBear

I purchased a set of used Hildebrand Highway pegs. The person breaking down the bike threw away some of the required mounting hardware for these pegs.  :-[ :-[

I've contacted Hildebrand asking for drawings of the missing piece but so far no responses on that.

Before I give up on these pegs, I wanted to give them a last try with the group: I am looking for a photo of how these mounted on the bike without the fairings, so I can see what exactly is missing in the hopes of being able to go to a shop and have the piece machined.

If anyone still has access to the installation instructions, big thumbs up too!

Here are the photos of the pegs I purchased and also the installation from another COG bike.

Thanks in advance!

Highway-Pegs-01.jpg

Highway-Pegs-02.jpg

Highway-Pegs-03.jpg

BB,

A couple things, John is retired over in the Daytona Beach area, he only access's email once or twice a week when he gets to the library or some place similar. That may account for response delay, so give it a little time.

Second, the part missing is a 'spacer' or stand off that is threaded and screws into where the factory bolt is for the lower radiator to engine mount. The other end of the standoff is drilled and tapped to bolt the oval part (the hole where the zip tie is in your picture). There is minor surgery to the plastic cover behind the lower fairing (real easy).

I had John's pegs on both my Connies. I've been clearing through my old Connie stuff, I may have some of those bits and pieces but I am not 100% sure. I hadto order some extra parts years ago when I had an unintentional dismount. I'll look tonight.

Victor,

This is great info and it has given me all I need to install these pegs! Thank you very much!

I also received an email from John with the standoff dimensions, so now it is time to install some highway pegs!

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: