• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hey, from Lowcountry SC

heastill9818

Thanks for the add! I purchased a blue '13 about 4 months ago and really enjoying what this machine can do. I came from a VN2000 cruiser, big difference in power and when and where it kicks in. I have been up to the Smokey and Appalachian mountains several times on my old bike and I am looking forward to taking this one on the same roads. I also hope to meet some of you at the SE events. Thanks for all the support and knowledge, I will try to keep up and share what I can.
Ride on, be safe.

Last edited:
Heastill hello 👋

Welcome to the forum. I am immediately jealous - from PA we have made the run down to NC/ TN/ SC/ GA soneumes 2 weeks at a time nothing but mountain roads. Love the area - if I lived there with our riding habits we would be buying tires every 3 weeks lol..

Let us know your first thoughts and looking forward to hearing your smiles of the miles on your new to you machine. Before hitting the mountains would suggest getting a flash completed (if not already done) the herky-jerky factory on/off has can damper an otherwise great day, not to mention extra punch!

Wayne

Welcome! I’m your SE AD and I’m up in Gainesville GA.

We’ve got several things coming up including a camping social at the end of the month in Nc and a regional rally called Run With the Wolf in Suches GA. Be sure to come out!
Konehead34 is correct, several COG folks down toward the coast. Stir something up!

Ron

Heastill hello 👋

Welcome to the forum. I am immediately jealous - from PA we have made the run down to NC/ TN/ SC/ GA soneumes 2 weeks at a time nothing but mountain roads. Love the area - if I lived there with our riding habits we would be buying tires every 3 weeks lol..

Let us know your first thoughts and looking forward to hearing your smiles of the miles on your new to you machine. Before hitting the mountains would suggest getting a flash completed (if not already done) the herky-jerky factory on/off has can damper an otherwise great day, not to mention extra punch!

Wayne
Hey Wayne,
Thanks for the props! Yes, The first time I went up to the BRP (3 hours north of home) I called my wife after 4 days and said I am coming home because if I stay up here any longer, I may never come home! Every time I have made the trip, I have either put on new tires before I get there or have to replace them when I get home!
ECU flash has been done (MRP) and I definitely have appreciated the over-all new feel of the bike, but coming from a heavy big 'ole cruiser, I am still learning the shift points and how to keep things smooth. 5-10k RPM's is a different world than I have ever lived in.
I look forward to meeting more of the COGers in the up coming events.

Welcome! I’m your SE AD and I’m up in Gainesville GA.

We’ve got several things coming up including a camping social at the end of the month in Nc and a regional rally called Run With the Wolf in Suches GA. Be sure to come out!
Konehead34 is correct, several COG folks down toward the coast. Stir something up!

Ron
Hey Ron,
Thanks for all you do to support this site! I have signed up for the end of the month social, interestingly The BRMCC was the first place I ever stayed at when up in the mountains so looking forward to the return. Hoping to visit TwoS for the first time in September for the rally. Thanks again.

Hey Ron,
Thanks for all you do to support this site! I have signed up for the end of the month social, interestingly The BRMCC was the first place I ever stayed at when up in the mountains so looking forward to the return. Hoping to visit TwoS for the first time in September for the rally. Thanks again.
Team COG!!! See you there.