• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hey Jim Culp...

There's a brief reference to me "mud bogging" my Goldwing but nothing that supports the slanderous allegations about creating deep ruts (visible from space) that have been leveled against me. Besides, Reid is retired USAF. How reliable can he be, particularly after consuming adult beverages? No pictures = no proof = didn't happen. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;-)

I didn't see the event. I saw the ruts and was told the story. I think there are survivors who can recount the facts as they saw them.

;) ;)

Steve

Oh, but there are photo's....
636404742115100135-meteor-crater-aerial.jpg

Attachments

• 636404742115100135-meteor-crater-aerial.jpg
    636404742115100135-meteor-crater-aerial.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 94
This event occurred at my first COG Rally. I was one to offer assistance along with a certain Eddie Minter to the documented mud bogger by pushing the stuck GoldWing through the field. In a court of law I believe eye witness testimony counts for something. If nothing else, the laughs.... :))

millerized said:
Page 5, bottom left paragraph.
The internet never forgets....

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/clubdocs/1328/SECOG%20News%2008%2010cu.pdf

ahhhhhhhh
that brings back fond memories for sure......
yep.... I DO have photos... I'll dig them up.....
I think Dona took the pictures, in between saving Ken Ford's dog from choking on chicken bones, and holding 15 conversations simultaneously... :rotflmao:
Soggy Bottom Boy's (and girls) were plentiful, thank goodness we had the "Little Green House on the Hill" as our dwelling... high and dry, me and momma, John C., Jerry "Ognosticator and spouse, and Even Jenn iirc....(can't remember if that was the "candy corn" night or not... but that candy corn was awesome... thx Jenn....) after she got soaked....

man, it's times like those, that truly make me happy...

and even tho we rode "drinking from the firehose" all day unday, and finally called it quits in Marion Va, hunkerd into a motel, and drank heavily... and the next day as soon as the bike was loaded, it poured AGAIN.. and we rode thru it, and a tornado across the mountain at the BRP, and arrived home in the late afternoon... when the sun came out.... it was a legendary trip... Dona still "brags" about having ridden thru the "worst things you could imagine"... tough chic, she is.... :great: :great:

yep... we were there....

photo bomb...

Attachments

• jimmi.jpg
    jimmi.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 126
With the exception of SISF, none of those "witnesses (or is it witlesses) were sober enough to give credible testimony.😄 I stand by my claim that you don't have pictures and you can't prove it so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Hmmm. That line would make a good country song.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Wondering if these statements Anti and Pro are being discussed in Chicago..  You may walk

He had to after he got it bogged down  :rotflmao:  Uh I mean allegedly  :motonoises:

COGnosticator said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Wondering if these statements Anti and Pro are being discussed in Chicago..  You may walk

He had to after he got it bogged down  :rotflmao:  Uh I mean allegedly  :motonoises:

oh come on... allegedly?

you were there...
we were all "like going...."

:1rij: :popcorncouple: :85: :85: :85: :85: :85: :85: :clap: :s_laugh: :s_laugh: :TPIWWP: :sign0098:

I guess you can strike me out.  Country club life in the Air Force warped my brain!  Funny I don't remember Saudi Arabia in 91 as country club! :beerchug:

reid53 said:
I guess you can strike me out.  Country club life in the Air Force warped my brain!  Funny I don't remember Saudi Arabia in 91 as country club! :beerchug:
Neither were Iraq or Kuwait. Although the temps were a shade cooler with the black skies.

Scurrilous rumors spread by jealous rabble.  :-[ IF it were verifiable it would've been a true feat of motorcycling skill. Riding a 900+ pound motorcycle PULLING A Trailer across a muddy field would be a praiseworthy act. ;)

Ranger Jim said:
Scurrilous rumors spread by jealous rabble.  :-[ IF it were verifiable it would've been a true feat of motorcycling skill. Riding a 900+ pound motorcycle PULLING A Trailer across a muddy field would be a praiseworthy act. ;)

do you mean THIS motorcycle..... >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

the "before picture".... now.... how much $$$$$ not to post the "after/during" photos.....?????
:rotflmao: :nananana: :nananana: :-\ :-\

Attachments

• IMGP1292 before.jpg
    IMGP1292 before.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 127
Photos surfacing almost a decade after the alleged event are most likely fake. I have pictures of me shaking hands with Abraham Lincoln but they are not real. :-[

I must say I'm finding these unsubstantiated, scurrilous comments quite disturbing. I must now go to my safe place and pet a puppy or kitten or what ever one does in their safe place. :??:

Ranger Jim said:
Photos surfacing almost a decade after the alleged event are most likely fake. I have pictures of me shaking hands with Abraham Lincoln but they are not real. :-[

I must say I'm finding these unsubstantiated, scurrilous comments quite disturbing. I must now go to my safe place and pet a puppy or kitten or what ever one does in their safe place. :??:

Methinks thou dost protest too much  ;D

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
:sign0151: :sign0151: :sign0151: :sign0151: :104: :hee20hee20hee: :hee20hee20hee: :1rij: :1rij: :1rij: :pokestick: :campfire: :85: O:) O:) :s_laugh: :singing:

we only do this, because we love you....

oh, there is no safe place........
remember the movie.... Marathon Man.... "is it SAFE".....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Ranger Jim said:

No home brew in the safe place?

:beerchug:

Ranger Jim said:
If you guys would quit accusing me ... . :-X  I'm going back to my safe place now. :truce:
See what you started?
Oh, wait
:))

(and just in case you're serious....we're not)

:p :p  I know you guys are all just jealous of my movie-star looks and Valentino Rossi level skill. :motonoises: :motonoises:

COGnosticator said:
Ranger Jim said:

Methinks thou dost protest too much  ;D

Ditto! 

Irene

Jim, Are you telling us that Honest Abe Lincoln would Photoshop a picture to edit in a nefarious COG member such as yourself to impress the public?