• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hey ZG1000 Tech Guru's....

HERE
you decide;

img]

Well, looks to me like they made room for the possibility....my comment was just stating the facts, it either is, or it isn't. Guessing didn't help...That's why I am asking for someone with expertise like you. My guess is non interference

I would understand why one would ask the question if it were a car and had a timing belt that had to be changed. I just spent a load on a timing belt job and all the while you're in there bits on a Lexus SUV. I'm a bit slow sometimes, so why is it you are asking this?

I have a motor with unknown history that had a faulty cam chain tensioner. The chain was loose enough to possibly jump a tooth or two. I think the motor is still ok, but wondered if the design saves the chance of the pistons hitting the valves.

99% certain it's an interference engine based on the 10.2:1 compression ratio. Difficult to get that high in a non-interference engine.

Thanks for your replies...Does anyone know who to ask? or how this would be determined? There must be some engineers or builders on here that would know...I am seeking the Knowledge !

compression has zero to do with it. it can be a clue, but ive seen plenty of non interference high compression motors.

compression has zero to do with it. it can be a clue, but ive seen plenty of non interference high compression motors.
By itself, no it doesn't, but in an over-square high revving engine like the C10 it pretty much guarantees it.
The last non-interference motor I can remember working on was a friends Audi 80 engine in the early 80s.