• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hi, my name is Kris and I'm a Connie dropper. 🤣

Sirk1981

It happened when I got home early one morning. The the sun was just starting to come up, after riding several hours after sunset the night before and spending a few hours at my girlfriend's house. For some reason I didn't pull into my normal spot under my carport.🤔 I think I was planning on washing the bike which is very usual behavior for me. 🤣 Anyway, I backed the bike up sideways in the driveway, put the kickstand down, and started to get off of the bike. The concrete where i put the stand wasn't  exactly level and the weight of the Fat Ninja was just too much. I feel like I was thrown into the street. No tip over bars or frame sliders so I broke and scratched a little plastic. I also bent the shift lever. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 20190801_085139.jpg
    20190801_085139.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 157
Chorus..."Hello Kris."

Admitting it, and a picture to boot, is the first step in spending lots of money to repair.

You will recover.

Hello Sirk.
My name is Ted and I too are/am? a Connie dropper..

I dropped mine "while at the National" on a gravel road.
Scratched/gouged from end to end on the left side..    :-[

Ohhh, the pain!  :mad:

Ride safe, Ted

I have not dropped mine I should have added...but the closest I come is when trying to maneuver it into its slot between 3 or 4 other bikes so when I do drop it it will probably take out at least 2 others... :))