• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

HIgh mileage 14

watchdog54

Hello all, still thinking about getting one of these beasts. Found one with 50k miles on it and it seems to be in good shape with a good history. What kind of mileage is realistic with these bikes? Things to look out for? Better to pay more for less miles? Any help will be appreciated!!! Thanks, Mark

I think there might be a few with over 200K. The C14 for the most part have been pretty reliable. My 09 has about the same mileage as the one you ae looking at. And I would not be afraid to take it anyplace I wanted to go. Mileage depends on your riding style. Mine gets 43 MPG on the slab. Newer ones might do a little better. The C14 does about everything with little effort on it's part. Beware these have some giddy up and go and pretty good whoa when needed.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider 50,000 miles high mileage at all. Mine is right about the same mileage. I have had zero issues, and I don't really expect to have any for quite some time. Personally for these, and most modern bikes, that is low mileage.

I wouldn't consider 50,000 miles high mileage at all. Mine is right about the same mileage. I have had zero issues, and I don't really expect to have any for quite some time. Personally for these, and most modern bikes, that is low mileage.
Yup, just broken in.

Stock intake, exhaust, ECM and so forth, or has it been modded?

I like mine quiet, but a little extra power through the mid-range might be fun on occasion. Thus, if possible by re-flash alone...

Mine 08 has about the same milage and it has zero p[roblems. Be sure the valves ahev been done at least once, twice is what should have happened with that milage. If the second one has not been done, get a better price on it. Could cost $800 + to do it.

I've 65,000 on a 2011 model; been trouble free. Recommend.

On 2010 and later years C-14's have an 'economy' psuh button on the left grip which gives cruising 8% better fuel mileage. Also, 2010 and on have better heat management architecture to protect your legs from engine heat.

My 2010 has 46k trouble free miles on it. Love it, had the ECU flashed by Shoodabeen and still get a big smile when I give the throttle a twist. Get the valves checked/adjusted, throttle bodies synched, replace the o-ring on the cam sensor while the valves are being done, new spark plugs and air filter. VERY Important: Make sure you have TWO fobs that work...you don't ever want to lose your only FOB $$$$. Your probably going to need the batteries in your TPMS units replaced soon. Hold onto to those TPMS's, don't buy new ones, the batteries can be replaced, takes a little bit of skill but can be done for less than $50 vs a few hundred $$$ to replace. Take a look at the condition of the radiator for damage from stones or other hard stuff that gets flung up at it. Highly recommend a radiator guard and fender extender, cheap insurance. And last but not least, join COG! The knowledge base, experience and help with the bike on this forum has paid for the membership many times over year after year. Enjoy

I had 175,000 miles on my first 08 before it was totalled by crash in 2017. I replaced it with another 08 with 50,000 miles. Now at 98,000 miles. No work ever done to either exept routine maintenance and replacement of crashed parts.

I am a few miles away from 100k on my 2012 with no mechanical issues and I purchased it with 5k on it. I would not hesitate to complete a coast to coast or a four corners ride on this bike.

Where's Cliff? He might be up into the 240K range by now... last time I saw him I think he had over 220K and had never done anything other than maintenance, even original clutch.
Mine's only at ~31K, but as others have said, 50K is just broken in.

Bought my 08 with 55000 now at 65000 and just met a gentleman with 118000 on his 2017. Ran mine up to 188 no problems. Slight oil leak think its cam sensor o ring but it only leaks a pint every 5000 I just tell people that there must have been a Harley Davison parked the there and the concours is just marking its territory

'Ran it up to 188'.....lol...certainly not mph. Kph perhaps....that o ring is an easy fix....several threads on the forum about it...

Do some homework, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how many question u may have, that someone else has asked already and how much help there is here...

Bought my 08 with 55000 now at 65000 and just met a gentleman with 118000 on his 2017. Ran mine up to 188 no problems. Slight oil leak think its cam sensor o ring but it only leaks a pint every 5000 I just tell people that there must have been a Harley Davison parked the there and the concours is just marking its territory

A pint? Holy hell. I would never say "only" in reference to a pint leak in 5000 miles on a C14. Not even on my Ural. I might say my Ural burns a pint in 5000 miles, or 3000 miles, or 1000 miles, or on a good day of riding, but I cannot imagine even it leaking a pint in 5000 miles.