• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

highway peg for shorter, older rider needed

tnrider

Moped
62 yo short, fat rider recently having more knee pain after long rides (miles or more).
I have tried Murph's highway pegs as well as the short highway pegs on his tip over bars to no avail.  I've also tried modified highway pegs to lower them and bring them closer to me without luck. I already have Murph's lowered pegs.

Has anyone tried to modify the C-14 foot peg illustrated below for a C-10?

Attachments

• 129825065.9swOzbFh.jpg
    129825065.9swOzbFh.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 173
Well, looks like I figured this out and won't have to get a different bike.  Very solid feel. 

Attachments

• footpeg 2.jpg
    footpeg 2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 156
Can't see well enough to pass judgment (LOL) can you show pic from little further away?So as to get perspective.  Jerry Gaither

See if this is better.

Attachments

• footpeg 1.jpg
    footpeg 1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 159
  • footpeg 3.jpg
    footpeg 3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 156
It allowed my knee to not be so acutely flexed without having to have my feet raised up.  No problem with dragging while cornering.  I used a piece of 1 inch square aluminum from Lowe's The black tape is where it hits the lower tubing of the tip over bar. I initially tried Murph's highway pegs but couldn't get them to work so I used them attached to the aluminum. Very comfortable ride when combined with my Rox risers.

Okay :truce:  it appears :eek: that you are/must be resting your feet on them length wise  ::) instead of cross wise.I think I see :-\ the peg screws that allow them to arise to vertical(out of the way). Am I any where near correct :-[?  Jerry

Okay   it appears  that you are/must be resting your feet on them length wise   instead of cross wise.I think I see  the peg screws that allow them to arise to vertical(out of the way). Am I any where near correct ?   Jerry

Yes, you are correct. Fred

So would it leave them to far forward if you turned them so you could rest feet on them cross-wise.I think just by turning the peg attachment bracket to the inside towards the bike.  Jerry

"So would it leave them to far forward if you turned them so you could rest feet on them cross-wise.I think just by turning the peg attachment bracket to the inside towards the bike."   Jerry

Unfortunately yes. I've tried