• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Highway peg options

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
This summer I plan to take my first long-distance -- as in 'multi-day' -- motorcycle trip. I expect to do about 1000-1200 miles over 3 days. One thing I know just from the riding I've done up to this point, my knees start to ache after even a couple hours of riding. I usually mitigate it with some ibuprofen, but I don't want to be gobbling that much Vitamin I over 3 days.

What I'm looking for is a set of highway pegs fo the C10 that meet the following criteria:
1. Easy to install -- I still consider myself to be a novice wrencher
2. Easy to remove -- It already takes me most of an evening to remove the fairings, I don't want to add significantly to that
3. Affordable -- Murph's tipover bars are great, but at $340 are WAAAAAYYY out of my price range. I'm trying to find something under $100 (if it exists)
4. Durable -- I don't expect them to serve as true tip-over bars, but I don't want them to break off the first time I bump into a post.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Just to throw out another option that has worked for many are John"PEG MAN" Hildebran riding Hi-Way Pegs. Look sharp too.... You can google Hildebran riding pegs should get you there and his design which works very well. If they interest you you can e-mail him at johnspegs@yahoo.com

Have a fantastic trip and take plenty of pictures. :))

I will have a used set of the Hildebran Highway pegs for sale later this week. (Painting this week and rainy days are work on bike days) They are in good shape and will serve someone well. My legs are too short for them with the Russell DayLong, so off to the Emporium they go.

handyman said:
I will have a used set of the Hildebran Highway pegs for sale later this week. (Painting this week and rainy days are work on bike days) They are in good shape and will serve someone well. My legs are too short for them with the Russell DayLong, so off to the Emporium they go.

PM sent.

Bringing this back from the dead...

After reading exactly 17 old discussions about highway pegs, I had decided to reach out to John Hildebran only to get an email response today saying "I don't make the highway pegs any more. You might find some on the Concours Owners site".

Before committing to the "KB Foot Forward Highway Pegs" I wanted to understand what other options there could possibly be out there.

Also, I came across the attached highway pegs, allegedly for a C10. Does anyone recognize it? It seems to be it is missing some mounting hardware.

Cheers,
BB

Attachments

• Pegs.jpg
    Pegs.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 131
Those look to be the Hildebrand pegs that I have.

The only thing missing is the mounting bolt. The flat bar fits up though the fairing "shark gill",
and bolts to an existing mount. Without looking at the bike, I don't remember what mount it is,
or if the peg mount replaced an existing bolt.

Very easy to mount, and easy to remove for maintenance.

Ditto  :great:

RangeRider said:
Just to throw out another option that has worked for many are John"PEG MAN" Hildebran riding Hi-Way Pegs. Look sharp too.... You can google Hildebran riding pegs should get you there and his design which works very well. If they interest you you can e-mail him at johnspegs@yahoo.com

BruceB,

You are correct, these are Hildebrand's pegs. I can't find any detailed photos of his pegs or how they actually mount. Would it be possible for you to send/post some photos? I need to visualize what is missing and how to make this work.

Thanks in advance!

BB

Bob said:
I need a set

Murphy's has a set. Just be careful not over-torquing the standoff bolts... in doubt, just look for my new thread about how I stripped the nut thread today installing the highway pegs..

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: