• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hola! from New Mexico

brisbin.jack8941

Hello all,

Picked up a 2011 C14 from the lemon lot on Kirtland AFB, $4500 with 25K miles on the clock, minor damage from a driveway dump. It came with the top box, bar risers, Leo Vince full titanium exhaust system, Zumo 550, J&M CB/radio, new Michelins and only one key fob... The TPMS sensors were dying, and thanks to the excellent information on these forums I was able to source/order and replace the batteries myself without issues- so nice to have OPE (other peoples experience) to draw on. I replaced the valve-stems with some right-angle ones courtesy of Murph's Kits (credit once again to OPE). Did a once-over on the maintenance, replaced the busted lower faring, right foot peg and front fender and am now enjoying this excellent machine-. She pops and burbles a little bit on deceleration, that's the pipes I'm sure- probably not homologated, or a ZX14 race set up- happy to hear advice from the forum inmates on the topic

My last bike was a 2016 Africa Twin, KTM 620 and BMW 1150 GS before that. Used to enjoy the solo ADV thing, but at this point I's more interested in 2-up with the wife, so the C14 was a great opportunity to make that happen.

Glad to be here

Jack

Hello Jack. Welcome to the COGdom. Your gonna like it here.
I'll forgive you for being Airforce. (Fly Navy) <Evil grin> :devilish:

Trying to be helpful anyway; My Cousin (Kuzin "Ted") lives about 45 minutes from you in Rio Rancho.
I'll try to have him post here. If he doesn't soon, look him up or PM me for address.

Sounds like you got a good deal.

I also have headers/slip-ons on my Connie. It cracks and burbles too. Tried unsuccessfully to make that go away.
One thing that helps the popping, and really improves the power/torque too is a Flash.
We have 2 members that do special Flashes. I highly recommend you get one.

I was not aware that Leo Vince built a complete system for the C-14?
Tried to look it up and was unsuccessful. Can you supply info on that?

Ride safe, Ted (SRCA Founder/President)

Thanks for the welcome Ted! I work at KAFB, didn't say I was Air Force;) Actually, I'm a retired USN EOD Tech. I am assuming the Leo Vince system is complete, simply because it's not a slip on, and the headers appear to be Ti as well- I looked up their offerings for a C-14, nothing in their catalog looked similar, so that made me think it might be a ZX part. Anyway, I'll look into the re-flash options for sure!

Best!

Jack

Howdy Jack. Welcome aboard. Congrats on the nice ride! Lotsa excellent riding up your neck of the woods. The Taos/Angel Fire/Red River/San Cristobal loop (Majestic Circle?) is super nice.

Glad to have you and looking forward to more ride reports once youā€™ve got your GoPro mounts all figured out! šŸ˜‰

Cheers, AB

BTW, whatever you do, no matter what Ted tells you. Do NOT drink his homespun liquor. It's really just what's left over from refinery cracking tower demolitions, contaminated diesel cut with lacquer thinner, and paint stripper with small chunks of old, wet charcoal in it. He does, however, use relatively clean jars in the operation and despite it's volatility has managed to not get blown up.... to date that is. Subject to change without notice (just like his ingredients).

And while we all love Ted (ahem) he may well be little more than a life support system for his mustache (his mustache is a true COGger though).

""Hey"" (if y'all keep trying) you might hurt my feelings! {Nahh}

Jack, you wuz an EOD Tech? (& Blew things up for a living)
err "forget" the nasty things I sed about you.
Besides,,, It wasn't me. It was Kuzin Ted that sed it..

Don't believe Rev about my homespun liquor. It's actually worse than he describes.
But it sure is fun to take it to a COG National and get the boys to try to outdo/outdrink one another. <evil grin>
I've poured more than one of them into their bed after the competitions.

Have I told you about RED being the fastest color yet??
It's twu. It's TWU!!

Ride safe, Ted (SRCA Founder/President)
SRCA = "Superior RED CONNIE Association"

Last edited: