• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hood River Oregon to Sioux Falls South Dakota

runnerb0y

I had a chance to throw together a last minute ride to go and visit a buddy who lives just outside Sioux Falls, SD.  I'll be leaving Hood River, OR on Sunday morning and I'm looking for some route recommendations.  I'm just needing to get there quickly and there will be no sight-seeing on the way out.  There will be plenty of that on the return trip.

My route is still in question as I want to avoid the rain if possible, I'm sure I'll be getting wet before it's over.  Can anyone recommend whether a northern route through Montana vs a slightly more southern route through ID and WY?  I definitely do NOT want to see any snow and would hope to keep the temps into the mid 40's or warmer. 

Any thoughts on this are welcomed...anyone wanting to burn up some fuel and jump in on the way is certainly welcomed.  Like I said, this thing is very much last minute and I know I'll have to be adaptable, but I think that's part of the fun.

Thanks!

Why would anyone in their right mind want to leave Hood River, OR to go to eastern South Dakota?

Despite the puzzling destination....I am really glad you were able to make the trip.  I hope the ride home is going great and you are finding some fun roads and are avoiding inclement weather. 

Post up a ride report when your time allows.  Ride fast and ride safe my friend.