• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horsehoe Mountain Renedvous #3, April 28-may 1st.

Thanks everybody......that should be enough to keep me busy for the one riding day I will be there.  Getting in Friday afternoon early and looking forward to seeing everybody there! :)

2fast said:
Thanks everybody......that should be enough to keep me busy for the one riding day I will be there.  Getting in Friday afternoon early and looking forward to seeing everybody there! :)

You are busy incorporated them into our ride to Cliff's correct ?

handyman said:
Here are a couple more. The possibilities are endless for riding in Arkansas.

Randy

Thanks Randy for helping me with this. Like Randy said, the possibilities are endless here.

These can all be done in a day. You can't fiddle fart around on them though & your speed WILL HAVE to be elevated  :).

I can put a couple shorter rides together if needed.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Bad news!!

I cain't sleep in a tent while at the event.. :-[

Ya see, Bob is bringing his Motor Home, and needs someone to (uhh/err) sleep in the other end so it don't tilt.

But, I'll bring a tent anyway, just in case...

Ride safe, Ted

I'm planning on leaving Clarksville Tn on Thursday so if anyone north or east of here needs a place to stay Wednesday night your welcome

Tinsailor said:
I'm planning on leaving Clarksville Tn on Thursday so if anyone north or east of here needs a place to stay Wednesday night your welcome

There will a few of us coming up from GA, we'll be getting fuel / lunch at the Pilot I-40 exit 280 West Memphis, AR around 12 n - 1 pm ish on Thursday.

As I won't be using my tent, I can bring it in the Motorhome  {so that someone else doesn't have to haul one with them}.
  I have a 6 man and several 2 man tent's.
  Fais used the 6 man when he was in Houston {to take his sisters camping}.

If interested, let me know!!

Ride safe, Ted

MotoCommuter said:
Tinsailor said:

There will a few of us coming up from GA, we'll be getting fuel / lunch at the Pilot I-40 exit 280 West Memphis, AR around 12 n - 1 pm ish on Thursday.
I'll probably cross the river at Dyersburg and ride the secondary's to Cliffs

Brought the Connie home from storage tonight.  Have been riding the KTM so far this spring I hope to get a little seat time in before the drive south. Looking forward to covering some ground.

Tony K said:
TWO Week COUNTDOWN begins.

Yep, time for me to start getting busy! Gotta make this place presentable. 6 more days to get registered  :).

Looking forward to it.

Moto2wheelin said:
Finally registered Cliff!  Sorry for the delay in letting you know.  Looking forward to seeing you guys!!

Glad to hear you finally get to make it Brian. Stay dry down there!

So at looking at the attendees list it looks to me that the North Central Area has the most folks coming.  ;)
What does this mean ?

It means that the SC area doesn't have much in the way of camping members, and the NC area riders are eager to get out of their cold area. Logical..........eh?

Looking at the weather it looks like some storms are in the forecast.  It wouldn't be Cliff's without some weather. :)

Local forecast as of this morning.

Wed. - 50% chance of storms possibly severe. Thurs. & Fri. 40% scattered T storms. Sat. 30% scattered.

Not that bad & with any luck, it will improve.

just registered and paid fees, maybe i can make it again.  last year was a good rally.

got some really,really messed up stuff at work thats beyond scheduling for. so i might not get to go yet even.  if i dont make it yall enjoy.
im still over here in pocahontas ar.  dealing with hailstorm damage that killed half the equipment ive spent a year installing. maybe get done by friday hopefully.

IronButtAl said:
It means that the SC area doesn't have much in the way of camping members, and the NC area riders are eager to get out of their cold area. Logical..........eh?

I like the way you talk

Rasmith said:
IronButtAl said:

I like the way you talk

And he's got a purty mouth......

Hey Cliff,  Is this a RAIN or SHINE outing?       

61 ° Little Rock, AR  75 °

5 Day Forecast
Expand Daily Details
DAY HIGH/LOW DESCRIPTION PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY
Apr 25
83°F  66°F
partly cloudy
Partly Cloudy 0%
SSW 16 mph 66%

TUE
Apr 26
86°  68°
partly cloudy
AM Clouds/PM Sun 20%
S 12 mph 67%

WED
Apr 27
81°  61°
thunderstorm
Thunderstorms 90%
S 15 mph 72%

THU
Apr 28
86°  61°
sunny
Sunny 10%
W 8 mph 54%

FRI
Apr 29
78°  67°
scattered thunderstorms
PM Thunderstorms 80%
E 11 mph 65%

SAT
Apr 30
79°  61°
thunderstorm
Thunderstorms 80%
S 15 mph 76%

:mad:  Looks like the only time I'll see the SUN is when I get there on Thur  and when I go home Sunday.  :'(  This one is up in the air for me.  You hear me BILLY??

Cliff,

I'll be there rain or shine or monsoon or tornado!!!

But if it's raining on Friday and/or Saturday, your going to have to run me to the beer store, just sayin.........

Nothing more reliable than the weather man.  Look at those temperatures you are going to need a little rain to cool off. I will be there rain or shine.

Yes Alan I hear you....you Florida guys are always used to sun....get a taste of real riding weather and get a chance to test your gear! Anyways we will be moving too fast and will ride right through it! This does not scare any of us real riders because the first year we rode home with tornadoes and T-storms....there will be stories about this for years to come :great:

Bill said:
Yes Alan I hear you....you Florida guys are always used to sun....get a taste of real riding weather and get a chance to test your gear! Anyways we will be moving too fast and will ride right through it! This does not scare any of us real riders because the first year we rode home with tornadoes and T-storms....there will be stories about this for years to come :great:

:49:  I like SUN!!    :motonoises:    My rain gear??    What rain gear?  :-X    Try not to think about that stuff even though I bring it when I do long rides.  Had to get off the road once to avoid a TORNADO in Alabama w/Roman a few years back.  No FUN ! :(    Didn't like it then and don't want to experience it again.    I'm looking at a 2500 mile round trip ride in the RAIN.?  Really going to have to see a DR. if I do this one.    This is the weather I saw last year that kept me from going and just how was the weather??  Don't be afraid tell me the truth.  :??:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Hey Cliff,  Is this a RAIN or SHINE outing?   

:mad:  Looks like the only time I'll see the SUN is when I get there on Thur  and when I go home Sunday.  :'(  This one is up in the air for me.  You hear me BILLY??

Hey Alan, you live in south FL., you get plenty of vitamin D. Worst case is we'll have a little more bonding time together in the shop. We can still have a camp fire. Might be in the wood stove looking in a open 14" door though  :rotflmao:!

MotoCommuter said:
Cliff,

I'll be there rain or shine or monsoon or tornado!!!

But if it's raining on Friday and/or Saturday, your going to have to run me to the beer store, just sayin.........

Not a problem Brian.

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Bill said:

:49:  I like SUN!!    :motonoises:    My rain gear??    What rain gear?  :-X    Try not to think about that stuff even though I bring it when I do long rides.  Had to get off the road once to avoid a TORNADO in Alabama w/Roman a few years back.  No FUN ! :(    Didn't like it then and don't want to experience it again.    I'm looking at a 2500 mile round trip ride in the RAIN.?  Really going to have to see a DR. if I do this one.    This is the weather I saw last year that kept me from going and just how was the weather??  Don't be afraid tell me the truth.  :??:

I'll answer this one, last year on Thursday, the trip out was fine, just a little drizzle in a couple spots. On Friday the rain came in after lunch about 230/3p ish. Saturday and Sunday we had no rain. Now the year prior, the trip home was an adventure, nothing like a monsoon and lighting to brighten up your day.

The nice thing about Cliff's rally is that his shop is huge, so if it is raining, we all just hang in there.

Just watched the local forecast. Friday has already changed to 40% scattered T storms. I sure it will change several more times.

The only forecast that matters is today's. No need to read a lot into what's suppose to happen three or four days from now

Shawn said:
Hey Cliff, was yesterday a hard deadline for the Horseshoe?

No that is not set in stone. Just have to have a cut off day to have a close estimate on food. Going grocery shopping tomorrow, there will be plenty of food for few more. Will be able to feed at lest 50.

You or anyone else that wants to show up please do so. Just give me a heads up. I don't think you can register online now, but you can settle up when you arrive.

Come on over!

I'll try to remember to bring some cards and dice. Maybe a cribbage board in case we need something to occupy our time besides drinking and story telling.

I'm kind of with Alan on this. Really un-enthusiastic about riding through T-storms with possible tornados to get to a rally site where I spend most of the time watching the rain fall, the wind blow and listening to tornado sirens. BTDT, got the tee-shirt, feel no need to repeat the experience.  Also, it causes my wife needless concern.  :loco:

Usually, the various weather predictors don't have (almost) exactly the same forecasts as it depends on what meteorological models they use. Right now none are offering anything great. :ecomcity:

Will be watching closely and make my final decision tomorrow morning. :confuse:

:'(    Just made my decision based on the weather.                                                        Count me  OUT!      Maybe next year.  Hope you have better weather than the are forecasting.    ;)                                                        Alan in S. Fl      ;)

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
        :'(    Just made my decision based on the weather.                                                        Count me  OUT!      Maybe next year.  Hope you have better weather than the are forecasting.    ;)                                                        Alan in S. Fl      ;)

Hate to hear it Alan, but I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Yes the weather WILL be rough here tonight & thru the morning. Then the severe stuff will be gone. Thurs. is sunshine, Fri. & Sat. 50% scattered T storms.

Best place to get local weather is THV channel 11. The national news is making it sound like doomsday.

:??:  National weather service (NOAA.gov) is predicting HEAVY RAIN starting late Thurs. night and continuing through Sat. night.  No weather forecast that I've been able to find (NOAA, Intellicast, Accu-weather, the Weather Channel, Weather Underground, etc) has been particularly encouraging. :mad:

I'm still watching/waiting. I'll likely make my GO-NO GO decision tomorrow morning NLT 10:00am.  I may end up at Sport Rider's rally in Stecoah, NC after all.

I'm with Jim. Had planed on Wednesday to be my ride day, and now it looks like I will ride towards nasty weather on Thursday. Rain....no big deal. Tornado's and high winds, another story. Just did that last week from the TX hill country. Left cheek still sore from hanging off the right side of the bike for hours. If it looks like I can make a run of it on I-10 and get behind it to go north on 55 & 65, I will. NOT in the mood to make this too much of an adventure. Yup, all of the forecasts are not too promising so far. Time will tell, I'd sure hate to miss this.

connie_rider said:
Dumb question: I hate to ask, but,,, is there some possibility of postponing a week?

Ride safe, Ted

The next weekend is Mother's day.

Right now I'm still a go. Accuweather shows Thursday & Sunday looking fine in Greenbrier but Friday & Saturday do not look to promising. On Sunday, Birmingham is showing Strong After Noon T-storms but that is normal for me and Alabama as it usually rains when I'm riding thru.

Roman is on his way camping at Jennings Fl (4/26) before heading to Atlanta Ga. to hook up w/Bill G. before heading to Cliff's.    RIDE SAFE FELLOWS!!

Thursday ain't bad between Nashville and little rock but the return Sunday looks pretty wet right now but as it stands now, I'm in unless it is predicted to be hazardous.

:confuse:  Ride for 700+ miles dodging rain/Thunderstorms then spend 2 days watching it rain or ride for 2.5 hours in the sunshine then spend 2 days riding the curves in the NC mountains.  Decisions, decisions. ::)

Still considering it but the weather forecasts haven't changed much in two days.  :smiley_confused1: Decision will come within the next couple of hours.

The food is bought, I can feed 50. So if you're not registered & want to come let me know. We have plenty.

Also I received 2 unexpected boxes of prizes  from ROK yesterday. They sent some very nice stuff, prizes worthy of a National Rally. I mean this really top notch door prizes. So along with what had already been purchased I have more than I can give away.

3 of the items ROK sent are valued at over $200.00 each :)!

So it may rain & we may stuck inside. But you will eat good & go home with some good stuff.

Current forecasts for Greenbrier show:
Clear on Thursday
Showers/T-storms on Friday
Showers/T-storms on Saturday
Clearing on Sunday

Also shows rain with possible T=storms on the route I would take to get there and to return.

:truce:  I'm out.  You folks have fun and stay safe.  Maybe next year.

Ranger Jim said:
:truce:  I'm out.  You folks have fun and stay safe.  Maybe next year.

Just leaves more food for us and a better chance at winning the door prizes.

For all of you on the fence, there are two types of Motorcyclists, owners and riders, I'll see all you riders at Cliff's!!  :pokestick:

On my way to Johnson City/2014 I had to dodge t-storms and tornadoes, made my way to Greenbrier, AR and found my safe haven for a week.
Hope y'all have a good weekend.... Ride safe! Wish I could be there. :beerchug:

http://youtu.be/iA3Vq40OL7I

Hey KURT! :p  I've got nothing to prove to you or anyone else. 

I'm going to go ride the curves in the sunshine in NC. Y'all can hang around in Cliff's shop and watch it rain.

TCARS!

My co-Motorhome traveler may not be able to go.
So, I may have drive up Friday afternoon, and I may not have a bike,,, but,,, I'm going!

Yes, I know I'm a whimp, but too much going on in my life right now.
Need to be with fellow COGgers!

Ride safe, Ted

:great: I hear ya Ted!  I considered just taking the cage to this one but there's this "Official UNOFFICIAL COG Spring Rally" just a couple of hours away that I can ride to, stay dry and not worry about T-storms (or tornadoes). Plus it's smack-dab in the middle of some of the best riding in the good ol' USA. Kind of a "no brainer" really.

Y'all have a great time (like I know you will  :) ) Go ahead and pick on me (gives someone else a rest  ;)).

TCARS!

Arrrrggghhhhh...  Move to HOU where there is not any riding and have the chance to make 2 trips this year and we run across a weekend with this type of weather.  Dammit...  Cliff, I hate it but probably won't be there man!

As long as I can pitch the tent in good weather on Thursday it's all good. I love sleeping in a tent when it's raining. Otherwise, I'll sit in Cliff's shop and drink heavily. More swag for me. 😃

My south route has opened up some for me, so I'll be on the road early to make it by dark (1033). Look forward to seeing everyone, and having a (reasonable) dry ride.

Cliff, I'll be staying over Sunday night if that's OK with you buddy. Heading to Corpus Christi, TX from Greenbrier, AR sometime on Monday, weather dependent, but looks to be good for that ride.

I am not going to judge anybody. For me this is a hobby and is supposed to be fun. For me right now even riding in the rain all day is more fun than being at work. I also have come to realize that at my age and the average age of the guys in this group that I consider my friends that I need to take any and every opportunity to see them.  For those of you that can't make it I understand completely and for those of you are there I look forward to catching up on all the important stuff that just can't be done without being face to face.

See you all in a couple of days.

im good to go work wise, the weather was a small consideration but i cant wait to see my favorite russian and the fellow with the stylish haircut who used to own a klr.  ill try to get in thursday evening or friday morning latest. even if i sit in cliffs shop and watch it rain for 2 days itll be with friends and will be worth it.

Alrighty, my work is done for the day and I'm gonna get packing. Meeting up with Gary, kevin and Jeff on the way down and will roll in sometime on Friday about mid day ish :motonoises: :beerchug:

First thing to do is some bike maintenance.....check the tire pressure. Then throw on the usual crap, sleep, get up early and boogie.  Can't wait to see everybody there! :)  \

Not sure why everyone is talking about sitting in the barn.....last I heard you can still ride with wet roads, just need to cool it on the turns.  :nananana:

Cocked and locked, ready to rock. Are those guys from Georgia still planning on meeting up at the west Memphis Pilot?

Tinsailor said:
Cocked and locked, ready to rock. Are those guys from Georgia still planning on meeting up at the west Memphis Pilot?

Yes, it will be about 12n - 1230p local. We are getting fuel and eating lunch in the Wendys. Kurt, Kay, Bill & Roman.

As of right now the weather is looking up. Rain moves in here late Fri. afternoon & heading out mid morning Sat. Cross your fingers!

It was nice here today & was suppose to be storming, so who knows.

Cliff, I may have missed it.
On the COG site, it sez to ask you for a more exact location...
Can you post an address for the Rally?

Need sumthin' for the GPS...

Ride safe, Ted

I expect your weather will improve since I cancelled out. Hope everyone arrives safe/sound and y'all have a great time.  :great:

I think I'm ready. We have plenty of everything. Anyone that changes their mind or makes the last minute decision to come, come on.

Left Minnesota about 7 am and been in a little rain but not bad at all. Stopped for gas in Missouri right now.

Robert and I are at the Hilltop Inn. There's lots of lightning and we're supposed to have 1" hail within the hour. We have our bikes parked under the motel awning for now. Later, when/if the storm passes, we'll head over to Cliff's.

Bigfoot_16 said:
Robert and I are at the Hilltop Inn. There's lots of lightning and we're supposed to have 1" hail within the hour. We have our bikes parked under the motel awning for now. Later, when/if the storm passes, we'll head over to Cliff's.

:??: According to the local weatherman for GREENBRIER on the computer,  bands of foul weather is reported for ALL DAY..  :'(  BE CAREFUL and don't go under trees for cover.        ALAN in S. Fl    ;)

26439124930_7fe1d94c5e_b.jpg

Western AR is under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 1000. Right now KLZK is painting mostly rain although there is a little hail SE of Little Rock.

Hope nothing severe comes your way!

Craig

I neglected to mention that Robert and I had a nice ride to Poteau, OK Wednesday afternoon. We rode down to Talihina yesterday morning, then on the Talimena Scenic Drive to Mena. What a beautiful ride. We then rode up to Fayetteville on 71, then east on 16 to Sand Gap. What a fun ride! We were getting low on gas, so went south on 7 to Russellville. Then east on I-40 to Conway and north to Greenbrier.

Cliff, thanks to you and the family for all the hospitality this weekend.  Enjoyed seeing everyone and swapping lies.  First liar hasn't got a chance..

Thanks again
Jim&Amy

Cliff, thank you, Jimmie and your family for a great weekend. It was great to meet more COG folks and have an opportunity to ride with them.

Cliff, thank you, and your family for opening your home to all of us. Took a little longer way home and made it here just ahead of another thunderstorm. We'll see y'all in Helen

Wow what a blast Cliff and his fam no how to treat guest.  Great food, great company and great roads if the weather would have been a little better it would have been perfect but nobody remembers perfect. Hope everyone made it back safe.  Thanks again to Cliff and Jimme you guys are the bomb.

Back home now........left foot in bucket of icewater :eek:  Despite my "incidents" on Saturday it was a great time. Really too bad so many bailed out, but I get it. Aside from Cliff and Jimmie's typical fine hospitality, I really owe Jimmie a huge thanks for taking care of my crunched ankle :great: :great: I appreciate it a ton!  Rode up to Kansas City with Rick (Rasmith) and stowed my bike at his place, took a much needed shower and then he took me to KC airport and I flew home the rest of the way to Minneapolis. Good thing too, I was pretty pooped by KC... I'll go retrieve the bike as soon as the ankle allows :??:

Anywho, another one in the books and I sure hope they do it again next year so I get a chance to change my luck :))

Another great weekend at Cliff's place.  Regardless of the rain it was great seeing everyone.  Once again the bar has been set high.  I hope to see everyone at the Spider Ride in September. 

Thanks so much to Cliff and his family for hosting us. I had a great time I think the odometer said 2200 miles by the time I got home today. I also went to see some fun places in Arkansas.

Anybody now where these are ?

P4300393-M.jpg

P4300396-M.jpg

Kay & I had a great time! Thank you Cliff, Jimmie and family for the fine hospitality.

We made it home about 720pm (et), with riding in rain from the AL/MS state line to Birmingham. Of course we timed it just perfect to hit all the Talladega race traffic.

Looking forward to Horseshoe Mountain Renedvous #4. Jimmie said we would have T-shirts next year!!

Because of the reduced crowd, everyone was able to walk away with a door prize. Plus, even with the reduced numbers, we raised $400 for OTP!!

Home; safe and also sound...
Want to start with MANY thanks to Cliff and his family.
Ya'll are awesome!

My first camping try in 25 year was a bit wet,,, but enjoyed it enough that I'll try it again next year. :great:

Ride safe, Ted

::)  What happened, everyone who showed up didn't bring their cell phones and that is why there are no pictures???  :??:  With out pictures it didn't happen.  :'(