• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous – April 25-27, 2014

Just Cliff

New Arkansas ride located in Greenbrier, right in the center of the state. Easy access to all of Arkansas’ best roads. For all you dual sport riders, the Ozark National Forrest is only an hour away. So there is something for everyone.

This will be a camping event out in the country. It will be something new for the S/C region, so please come out and help make it a success. There will be plenty of room for tents, trucks, trailers and/or RV’s, whatever your camping style is. Friday night burgers and hotdogs and Saturday night we’ll have BBQ. Water, soft drinks and morning coffee will be provided along with ice and ice chests. There is plenty of dry, inside space for eating & hanging out, if the weather turns ugly.  Porta Potty and shower provided. Of course, there will be a big fire both nights and some nice door prizes.

So come out and see some old friends and make some new ones.

Thursday arrival is okay.

Cliff, good stuff and I wouldn't miss it if I were going to be at home....  Unfortunately out of town that entire week working!  I have already mentioned it to Dad and hope that he can ride over to support the new ride!

Moto2wheelin said:
Cliff, good stuff and I wouldn't miss it if I were going to be at home....  Unfortunately out of town that entire week working!  I have already mentioned it to Dad and hope that he can ride over to support the new ride!

Brian,

Sorry to hear you can't make it,would love to have you. Hopefully your dad can make it. If the turnout is good this will be the 1st annual.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Cliff, just wanted to let you know we will be there, providing  accommodations are the same as previously talked about? LOL.  Will see y'all then.

J & A

Am I the only one who isn't seeing any event info on the registration page? I've been emailing with Cliff, and am hoping to make this one.

Nope, you're not alone. Something wiped out the info. Hang tight, it will be back. Cliff has been informed about the issue.

The event page for Horseshoe Rendezvous has somehow been wiped out.  At This time I have no idea why, but I am presently out of town and I will not be able to fix it until I return home.  I will re-enter the event and all should be up and running by Tuesday morning (1/28/14)

Sorry for the problem, but I have no idea what happened.

Fred Boothe
SCAD

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
Excellent!  Great to see another ride added, especially in Arkansas!

Fred,

I know how much you like riding in Arkansas & I know you don't camp. So another alternative is to throw an air mattress on the shop floor & sleep there. It's large clean warm & dry. So come on over!

Hey Cliff, are you going to give lift bucket rides, or can we shoot up one of those old VW's full of bullet holes? I'm not sure I can stand to be around you too long without some diversion.

IronButtAl said:
Hey Cliff, are you going to give lift bucket rides, or can we shoot up one of those old VW's full of bullet holes? I'm not sure I can stand to be around you too long without some diversion.

Hey Al, you know you love me  :-* & can't wait to get here. How about instead of shooting up old bugs, we shoot at old bald guys. Of course we'd have to put you across the field aways & use a low caliber shotgun like a .410. Wouldn't want you hurt you to bad & get you stuck here to long with me  :nananana:.
Or we could just have egg drops out of the crane basket at a 100' on your head, but it would have to be a cloudy day so the glare want blind us  :rotflmao: .
How's that for diversion?

That really hurt. You know I'm a sensitive kind of guy.
Just for that, I'm bringing the clippers, and Rick is going to sit on you while I give you a proper haircut. When you see us together, be very wary.

IronButtAl said:
That really hurt. You know I'm a sensitive kind of guy.
Just for that, I'm bringing the clippers, and Rick is going to sit on you while I give you a proper haircut. When you see us together, be very wary.

Hey Al, quit your whining & put your big boy pants on. Sharpen you're scissors too.

Rasmith said:
Clippers? How bouw a SuperSoaker full of Nair?

Hey Cliff, Got a pic of the camping area?

Super soakers & Nair aren't allowed, that's cheating. I can get some pictures & post them tomorrow.

Here ya go Rick, really not much to see. No designated spots for camping, just anyplace you like. There's at least 10+ acres that's not to grown up or has a structure on it. Anybody that wants to off in the woods alone can be. This is all out in front of the house & shop looking east & west.

Your buddy Al convinced me this was a perfect location after staying here with us & then proceeded to coax me into to this. If it don't work out it's Al's fault, that's my story & I'm sticking to it!

Attachments

• DSCN1161 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN1161 - Copy.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1162.JPG
    DSCN1162.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 118
Looks like a nice place Cliff. Look forward to swinging by in June when that SNOW is gone.

You have VW's we can put holes in?  :beerchug:

Horseshoe Rendezvous sounds like it is going to be a good ride. ENJOY & RIDE SAFE

Looks nice Cliff. I was curious if there was someplace to hang the hennessy but I'll probably leave it home and go conventional..

Can you bag some of that snow and put it in the freezer? Even though Al is a New Englander from days gone by, it might be nostalgic for him to actually touch it again.

Gumby said:
Looks like a nice place Cliff. Look forward to swinging by in June when that SNOW is gone.

You have VW's we can put holes in?  :beerchug:

Horseshoe Rendezvous sounds like it is going to be a good ride. ENJOY & RIDE SAFE

Gumby,
  We're looking forward to having you stop by on your way to the Nationals, along with Tom, Jim & Amy. A little Nationals pre-party for us  :).
No shooting up the bugs either!

Rasmith said:
Looks nice Cliff. I was curious if there was someplace to hang the hennessy but I'll probably leave it home and go conventional..

Can you bag some of that snow and put it in the freezer? Even though Al is a New Englander from days gone by, it might be nostalgic for him to actually touch it again.

Rick,
I can assure you you'll have no problem finding a spot to hang a Hennessey. Pictures just show the little bit of open ground I have, nearly 3/4 of it is hardwoods.

As for Al & that snow, I can think of a few things to do with some snowballs!

Hey Cliff, pretty funny that the NC area riders outnumber the SC riders, in a ride held in your state of AR. Don't the area riders in the south central know how to camp? Are they all (gasp) motel type folks? Too bad. For a small investment, you get lots of years of fun, flexibility and frugality. Say it ain't so............

IronButtAl said:
Hey Cliff, pretty funny that the NC area riders outnumber the SC riders, in a ride held in your state of AR. Don't the area riders in the south central know how to camp? Are they all (gasp) motel type folks? Too bad. For a small investment, you get lots of years of fun, flexibility and frugality. Say it ain't so............

Concerning me,,, Motel - Hotel.  I make no secret about it.    :nananana:

I would camp, Leslie is not so happy to.
I can't afford to be off anymore this spring.
How many active members are there in Ar.?  When I say active I mean that have ever shown up for any ride... besides Cliff.

I know Bill and the OK. guys have camped before.  Are they aware of the event?

IronButtAl said:

I'm happy with the turnout so far, after all there is 7 states represented as of now. I believe that is a first for the s/c excluding the 2012 Nationals. Will surely pick up 1 or 2 more states & more riders.

smithr1 said:
I would camp, Leslie is not so happy to.
I can't afford to be off anymore this spring.
How many active members are there in Ar.?  When I say active I mean that have ever shown up for any ride... besides Cliff.

I know Bill and the OK. guys have camped before.  Are they aware of the event?

The last 2 years at Jack's Resort, which is in AR for those that don't know. I believe there has been 2 others besides me there from AR, so I guess that makes 3 active?
I don't know who Bill is but if he's not aware of it, he hasn't checked the events section or the calender  in a while.

60 degrees today, 10 degrees tomorrow night. I cant wait for April in Arkansas! Is there a place to get tires if needed? I've gone thru a lot of rubber in AR and MO.

laker9142 said:
60 degrees today, 10 degrees tomorrow night. I cant wait for April in Arkansas! Is there a place to get tires if needed? I've gone thru a lot of rubber in AR and MO.

I'm ordering 3 sets this morning for my bike, so I'll have extra's & they can be mounted here. I also keep a set of get me home used tires for anybody that be passing thru in need C14 sized, but they should have them in Conway.

Yes, I'm from the high tire count camp also!

Not much activity on this ride lately, but since I'm the one that pushed Cliff off this mountain ( get it? ), I thought I'd revive this thread. If you miss this, you'll be missing a fun time. Some seriously good people/riders, on great roads, eating good food, and a chance to meet and make new friends. What's not to like about this ride?

I'm kind of on the fence with this one. One one hand, I really want to go. On the other hand, it's almost 700 miles (one way) during a time when I have lots of "stuff" going on. I probably won't be able to commit until the very last minute.

Jim now you know how I feel and I live in the south central.  It is over 600 miles from my house.  I can only pull that off once a year most years.

Jim, I am North of Atlanta and I am flexible on my departure time for this ride so let me know as soon as you can if you can go and we could hook up somewhere for the trip out.

Glad you can make it Kurt, it's been awhile since the VBR. Look forward to seeing ya'll!

I've had a few questions about electricity & other various things, so here's a little update. Yes this is Arkansas but we do have running water & electricity & it will be available to you. Sometimes we even run the chickens out the house & let the women wear shoes. Seriously though, if you have a special need or want just ask I will try to accommodate if at all possible.

If you want to wash your bike you can, if need to work on your bike the shop is open to you, if you need tires I have them (C14 size) & we can mount them here.
There will be a stove available to you if you should need one.

I'm also adding in a frugal breakfast in, at least Sat., fried egg sandwich's. I may cook them for you or ask for a volunteer or let you fix them yourself, but they will be there regardless. The wife also offered to make some banana nut & or blueberry muffin's.

I will do my best to make my first attempt at hosting a event worth your trip here. Now everyone that's on the fence thinking about it, hop off & come on!

Well, the planets are lining up for me and it looks like I'll be able to make the trip.  Will be camping - thanks Cliff.
Jeff

spiderman said:
Well, the planets are lining up for me and it looks like I'll be able to make the trip.  Will be camping - thanks Cliff.
Jeff

Glad to have you on board Jeff. I know you're used to the high standards Tony set's at the Spider Ride & I know I can't match those being my first attempt at this but I will give it my best shot. With a little luck the outcome will be good enough there'll be interest in doing it again.
Look forward to having you & everyone else to my little place on the hill I call home!

Kurt, Randy & Rick just left IL on the way home from the Moonshine, and we were already looking forward to seeing each other at your place in another 11 days. Saw Tony and Jeff yesterday, so it will be old home week again soon. C U soon Cliff.

IronButtAl said:
Kurt, Randy & Rick just left IL on the way home from the Moonshine, and we were already looking forward to seeing each other at your place in another 11 days. Saw Tony and Jeff yesterday, so it will be old home week again soon. C U soon Cliff.

Can't wait, looking forward to seeing everyone. Everyone that's still on the fence time winding down.

Hey, my plus 1 for this event just cancelled. If anyone is registering and bringing a guest, they can have my extra and just settle up with me at the event.

IronButtAl said:

I didnt forget the challenge to get all my gear contained within the luggage compartments instead of strapped to seat. That includes my chair. Hope Cliff has a rivet gun

I won't do as good as you if you get everything into hard sided cases. You can make fun of me, because I'm not going to make do with the three legged milk stool on this one. On the top case will be; tent, tent poles, bag chair, and thermorest pad. Here's hoping for fair skies and a tail wind. See you knuckleheads soon.

Rasmith said:
IronButtAl said:

I didnt forget the challenge to get all my gear contained within the luggage compartments instead of strapped to seat. That includes my chair. Hope Cliff has a rivet gun

Yep, got a rivet gun. Air or manual power, steel, stainless, copper or aluminum rivets.

IronButtAl said:
I won't do as good as you if you get everything into hard sided cases. You can make fun of me, because I'm not going to make do with the three legged milk stool on this one. On the top case will be; tent, tent poles, bag chair, and thermorest pad. Here's hoping for fair skies and a tail wind. See you knuckleheads soon.

Al, I've seen your stuff fall off in the road before so use plenty of straps! In WI. maybe or was that IL.?

See you girls soon!

I had everything in the bags. That included my Alite Mantis Chair. "Sit in/Roll Out"..I am however going to bow out of the challenge because I refuse to leave home without the Pico Chair which will be the only thing strapped onto the bike.

See ya'll there..

Hey Cliff, I don't have any fancy shmancy camping chairs....I hope you saved a tree stump for me to sit on!

Bill said:
Hey Cliff, I don't have any fancy shmancy camping chairs....I hope you saved a tree stump for me to sit on!

Lot's of stumps in AR.

Sat in my Alite chair for the 2nd time to try it out..Broke it.. :mad:

Lard Aaxe

Rasmith said:
Bill said:

Lot's of stumps in AR.

Sat in my Alite chair for the 2nd time to try it out..Broke it.. :mad:

Lard Aaxe

Just so happens I've had about 100 of them ground this year, lots of dying tree's up here on this rock pile. Don't worry about a chair Bill, you can have Jimmie's & if you can't get from her I'll pull you up a rock  :rotflmao:.
I should have about 15 - 20 chairs so I think we'll be good.

Sorry I am going to miss this event. I thought I might be a last minute RSVP, but work got in way. Next time!

Looking forward to seein you Cluckers at the " Rooster Rendezous "down on Cliffs chicken ranch  on Friday afternoon.

Holy shmoly what a great time! Cliff, again many thanks for putting on a great event.

Please make sure Al posts the bean recipe.

Brian and I left right at 630. We decided to take a chance and run down I-40 and try to outrun the storm. When we got to Conway, we could see it was a nasty one rolling in and we were right on the edge getting gusts from the wall cloud. Sure hope everyone's tents faired well.
We did out run that storm and just caught intermittent showers all the way until we got to South KC where i saw a wall of hail rolling just north. We rolled into a Gas Station with a lot of pumps and huge Shelter so we gassed up and rode out the worst of it until it was north enough for Brian to hopefully not run back into it.
Hail got my place, leave and debris all over. Just check the radar and saw the Brian most likely will run back into the bad stuff. Hope Im wrong.

Thanks again Cliff.

Al..Post that Bean recipe!!!

Thanks Cliff and family for a spectacular weekend. Had dry roads all the way home. A rain free weekend for me !

Yes, thanks Cliff and family from here as well.  Had a great time talking/ridin'/etc. this weekend with everyone.  What a great place to live, right in the middle of all those good road's. 

Made it back to T-town relatively dry.  Only ran in to a little rain, which helped the cooling down.. No other weather problems encountered, but sitting here watching the weather on tv, it looks like AR is under the gun for the rest of today, as in tornado watches, especially the nw part.  Hope everything goes ok for y'all.

Thanks again,

Jim & Amy

had a great time riding and jaw-jackin' - looking forward to more in TN at the Nat'l - big thx to Cliff and Jimmie for all their hard work and coord on a great rally - I might just have to go buy some camping gear

Sounds like all went well Cliff, grats in hosting!!  :beerchug:

Bummed I couldnt be there...  :'(

:TPIWWP:

:popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple:

Nice remote area, good friends, three squares a day, nice nightly fire. By all standards, this was a great rally in every regard, never mind a first time event. We had two days and three night of near perfect weather, burned a lot of Cliff's wood, made new friends, and gained a few pounds.
Thanks to Cliff & Jimmie for their hospitality in running a fantastic event, to Brian Snowberg for coming down to smoke a cigar with me, and to Cliff's family involvement in making this such a big success. There's nothing I would have wanted differently.
For all of you that missed this......you missed a good one.

Bean recipe to follow when I get home.
Rick's too heavy to be a jockey.

Thanks to all that attended & supported this event. I hope everyone that attended this event enjoyed themselves. I know I did & didn't even crank my bike.

A few little stats on how things went, Mounted rear tires on 2 bikes, oil change in 1, radiator hose replaced on another, broken windshield cut down on another.

28 were in attendance with 10 states represented excluding AR.

2 AD's attended, S/E Al Norcross of Florida & N/C Brian Snowberg of Minnesota.

4 AAD's, S/E Jack Mc Vickers of Tennessee, N/C Gary Mazzola  of Missouri, N/C Rick Davis of Kansas, S/E Kurt Brown of Georgia.

Teri Conrad of ROK.

A big thanks to all that helped out & to Brian for donating 3 COG store gift certificates to give out. To Bill Goff of Atlanta for donating 2 Honey Baked hams that we ate with our fried egg sandwich's for breakfast.

As some of you know this was my first attempt to host a event, so I hope everyone was pleased with the out come.

Thanks again everybody!

Holy crap, what a ride home on Sunday. Took me 13 hours to ride 600 miles. We (Jack, Bill & Mark) delayed our departure because the weather moved in before we left. We departed at 830am, we got down the road to just  before Conway and bill had to go back to retrieve his glasses. Then we made it to Wheatley, AR before the rain and lightning forced us to pull off. We waited it out at a Mapco Express truck stop. Got going again and hit the construction o I-40 but were able to zip around most of it. Then out side of Memphis we caught up to the monsoon again. At the I-40/I-55 split, we all went our separate ways, I continued down Hwy 78 in the monsoon and was forced to pull off in New Albany, MS due to the rain and lightning. Waited it out at a Pilot truck stop. Finally the weather moved far enough north that I was able to make some time. With one gas and go in Lincoln AL, I finally made it home at 1030pm.

Cliff, you put on a hell of a rally. Thanks to you, your lovely bride Jimmy and daughter(s) for all the hard work you put in. Thanks for getting me the coolant hoses and coolant so I could repair my bike. Everything was first rate, looking forward to it again next year.

See you all in JC.

Thanks Cliff and family and everyone else involved in putting on this fine event. I hope you make this an annual event.

For me, that rally was as good as they come.  A big thank you to Cliff and his wonderful family.  Jack, Tony, Bill, Rich and I took off at 6:45, just ahead of the storms.  The weather was moving north very quickly and we had to stay on it to keep dry.  All of us made it home without a drop of water and it could have been real bad if we'd waited any longer.  I'm very glad I made the trip and hope to do it again.    -  Jeff

ZG said:

:popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple: :popcorncouple:

My pictures turned out really bad, camera got knocked off proper setting. But here's a few anyway.

Attachments

• COG4-14 021.JPG
    COG4-14 021.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 134
  • COG4-14 028.JPG
    COG4-14 028.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 142
  • COG4-14 038.JPG
    COG4-14 038.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 126
A few more. The N/C had 2/3 of the riders in attendance so they got their banner in the picture.

Attachments

• COG4-14 052.JPG
    COG4-14 052.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 158
  • COG4-14 044.JPG
    COG4-14 044.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 133
  • COG4-14 042.JPG
    COG4-14 042.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 127
Man......what a weekend!!  :motonoises: :beerchug: :) :motonoises:
I had such a great time seeing everybody....meeting Cliff and a bunch of COG folks I have not run into before....and seeing some great familiar faces to boot. 

Cliff, you knocked it out of the park.  Your hospitality was amazing, and you got a little piece of heaven to live on. We all had severe barn envy for sure!  Thanks to you and your family for putting up with us all and delivering a great new annual rally (hint hint) >:D  Seriously, this was too much fun to only do once, so I hope it repeats over and over.

I had a great ride down on Friday....about 800 miles exactly.  Picked up a new tire in Springfield, MO on the way to replace my near toast PR3. Thanks again for all the help changing that out.  I'm glad Rick (Rasmith) and I headed out early on Sunday morning and missed some of the weather drama that came through right after that.  We had almost completely dry riding all the way to KC, where the rain began to crank up big time.  For me, that was about half way home...lucky Rick did not get to enjoy the moisture as much as I did.

I ran another 200 miles north in ungodly downpouring rain with very heavy sidewinds.  You know the kind that makes you wonder if the next semi you pass will be the one where you run off the road with the wind shift :mad:  I got soaked to the bone in my "waterproof" gear. My electrics were going full chat, and I could not tell they were on.  I bailed and got a motel in Hampton, Iowa.  I wrapped it up this morning...started with dry gear again, and got home in one 200 mile non stop, downpouring, side winding ride fest this morning. 

Sure makes you appreciate the good weather rides all the more. Nuff said.....

Oh.....by the way....the North Central Region had the largest number attending  :nananana: and so we got to sneak our banner into the group photo :-\

Thanks again Cliff....you done good!

My photos  http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/bpsnow1/slideshow/Horseshoe%20Mountain%20Rendezvous%20%202014

Just Cliff said:
ZG said:

My pictures turned out really bad, camera got knocked off proper setting. But here's a few anyway.

Looks like some serious good times indeed brother!! Thanks for posting the pics, I'm very jealous...  :great: :great: :beerchug:

Brian,

Great pictures. I especially like the ones of me sprawled out on the garage floor working on my bike.

Bobby, Mark, Scott, Mo, Bill, Jack, Terri, Larry & Ronnie,

Thanks for your patience and waiting with me during my mechanical issue. COG's new slogan should be "No man/woman left behind". Much appreciated.

Good times, looking forward to the 2nd annual.

Regards,

Hey, I forgot to mention the 50/50 raffle to raise funds for the OTP program :-\

We took in $120, Jack Gindra had the winning number.  He only kept a few bucks of it and then immediately re donated his share back to the cause :great: :great: 

Thanks Jack, and everyone that bought raffle tickets :)

Cliff, I left my green umbrella chair at your place as discussed.  If there is anything left of it....I'll sit on it at next years event. >:D

I meant to ask what the OTP total was. Yes thanks to Jack for donating back & all that bought tickets.

Brian, that chair will still be here. With all the positive comments about making this a annual event, I better start giving it some thought.

Thanks again everyone!

Here's a few pics I took

Attachments

• IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 113
Few More

Attachments

• IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 117
The rest

Attachments

• IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 109
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to say "thank you" to Cliff and Jimmie for hosting me for what turned out to be an awesome weekend event (and hopefully one of more to come). I almost didn't make it and am so glad that I was able to attend. There was just the right amount of adventure and camaraderie with opportunities to talk and get to know one another.

Cliff makes a mean egg sandwich and treated us all to breakfast both mornings. The coleslaw and bean salad made by Jimmie and the girls were among my favorite side dishes. In addition to great weather, an awesome slice of Arkansas heaven and a great group of riders, I especially enjoyed photographing the cool props and fireside chats in the evenings.

We had an opportunity to put ROK roadside assistance to the test and low and behold they came through. While we waited for the call center to hone their map reading skills, several riders took advantage of the lull to have their photos taken as I snapped some action shots. Mo tried to help me overcome my fear of snakes by pointing out what he thought was a copperhead fast asleep in the rocks by a nearby creek, but not before accidentally locking himself in the restroom. Our ride leader earned the nickname ROY and led us on an enjoyable 250+ mile ride to Hot Springs Village along Arkansas Scenic 7 and beyond. Upon our return a nice dinner was held and everyone participated in a group photo.

The ride home was an adventure of different sorts and not without its challenges. Just 50 miles up the road I stopped to assist Mo and Scott as we tried like mad to get his (non-Kawasaki) motorcycle started after the battery had been run down. After several failed attempts using jumper cables and trying to push start the bike, I decided it was time to flag down a good Samaritan. Thankfully, someone stopped to assist and was able to get the bike running using their jumper cables after a few tries. Again putting the motto "No one left behind" to the test. I rode most of the way home deflecting wind gusts that seemed to come at me from all directions causing me to ride the center of the lane so as not to get pushed across the center line. The torrential rains were the least of my worries but the occasional lightning strikes were cause for concern but I continued on (there was no where to hide) along AR-65 N. Thankfully, I did not take flight as a motorcycle kite but I did have visions of flying cows coming at me at times.

For those who didn't attend you missed one heck of a good time. I will be writing articles for the Concourier and Accelerate magazine so stay tuned. If you're not already following ROK on Facebook, please take a moment to "like" our page at www.facebook.com/ridersofkawasaki and share your photos with us. I'd also like to invite everyone to check out our online magazine: http://accelerate-online.com.

My photos will be uploaded and a link to see them provided shortly.

See you all next time!
Teri

Looks like a great rally in a terrific location. I'm sorry I missed it (except for the weather issues of course). Also looks like Teri was the only rider on the distaff side. ???

Great job Cliff!  :great:

Jim,

I'm not sure I understand your fancy terminology here. Can you please break it down for me - distaff?  LOL  :)

Ranger Jim said:
Looks like a great rally in a terrific location. I'm sorry I missed it (except for the weather issues of course). Also looks like Teri was the only rider on the distaff side. ???

ROKeditor said:
Jim,

I'm not sure I understand your fancy terminology here. Can you please break it down for me - distaff?  LOL  :)

Ranger Jim said:

Jim meant to say you are good at weaving :)  Maybe that means riding the twisties :motonoises:  Or it could be the other definition....

Remind me to tell you of my last minute decision at the Texarkana turn off I40 to head to the barn, and the resulting frog soaker I ran into upon arriving in Gulfport, MS. I10 was a challenge, and I left one pissed off FHP officer behind as my off-road skills were challenged to get around everything. Jeez
Here's the bean receipt boys;

In a large baking dish add the following:

1 15oz can Butter Beans (w/ liquid)
1 15oz can Great Northern Beans (w/ liquid)
1 15oz can Kidney Beans, drained
1 15oz can Black Beans, drained
1 pd cubed raw bacon or 1 whole Sausage ring (like smoked Kielbasa)
1 cup diced onoin
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP mustard (any type)
1 TBSP Horseradish

Stir well and bake @ 350 degrees covered for 2 1/2 hours, then continue baking uncovered for 1/2 an hour.  If you want it less soupy you can uncover it sooner.

This can be done overnight in an XL crock pot overnight, but it's best to bake it.  Slightly frozen bacon slices better.  ENJOY!

IronButtAl said:
Remind me to tell you of my last minute decision at the Texarkana turn off I40 to head to the barn, and the resulting frog soaker I ran into upon arriving in Gulfport, MS. I10 was a challenge, and I left one pissed off FHP officer behind as my off-road skills were challenged to get around everything. Jeez

Two back to back changeling rides home, I guess you're going to have to give up traveling & not leave FL.  :rotflmao:

I was wondering if you were holed up in Corpus Christi or had some pontoons for you scoot. Glad you made it!

I just printed this recipe off and plan to try it out myself. Al, are you saying that you outran an FHP officer on your travels from Cliff's house? That doesn't sound like anything you'd do.  :motonoises: I have an idea for the 25th Anniversary Rally. Watch your inbox for an email from me.

I10 was closed off, and I went across the "river", on the pegs......moving along at what I thought was a good angle. Could have been not such a good outcome, and maybe not the best decision I've made, but it was also not a pleasant thought to be stuck on the highway for hours/days. In a car...uncomfortable. On a bike....downright dangerous and life threatening. I would never run from a brother.

Al, I ran thru about 6-8 inches of water on I70 in Illinois. Luckily traffic had slowed to about 25mph for it. So yesterday I changed the rear tire and found standing water inside the seal next to the bearing. The seal didn't look bad but there were some grooves where the seal rides. So now I will have to pull the front to check it.

Yup David. My front end is now singing to me from the crossing. I need to check/change all wheel bearings also.

If anyone feels like sending Chuck Parks a card;
Chuck Parks, RR1 Box 80, Queen City, MO 63561 ....... COG # 8558

Just Cliff said:
A few more. The N/C had 2/3 of the riders in attendance so they got their banner in the picture.

Okay, the gauntlet has be laid. I think the SC group needs to show up in mass at the next one :great:

IronButtAl said:
If anyone feels like sending Chuck Parks a card;
Chuck Parks, RR1 Box 80, Queen City, MO 63561 ....... COG # 8558

Just heard from Chuck, he goes in Thurs. for surgery for some pins & plates in his arm. Otherwise doing good & thanks everyone for there help. So far he remembers Mosen & Mark then coming back for the group photo.

Dalroo said:
Just Cliff said:

Okay, the gauntlet has be laid. I think the SC group needs to show up in mass at the next one :great:

Well Chip I boxed up everything that could be saved & used again next year, so I am leaning that way. But the n/c & s/e presence will be even greater if I do it again, so the s/c will have to step it up. Just saying!

While at Cliff's, somebody suggested a restaurant (better) for the May17 Eldon Mo ride. Damned if I can remember who, what or where. Beer may have been involved in this lapse in memory.

The Location suggested was Bagnel Dam but cant remember the place or who suggested. :mad:

Please let me kow if this was you.

Okay it's official we're going to do this again! Just a little heads up notice, dates to come soon. Though it will be close to last year's dates.
If you missed it last year look over this thread & see what you missed. If you were here last year & have suggestion's to make it better I'm all ears.

I've had many request to do this again, so plan on attending & let's fill it up. I know Brian Snowberg the N/C AD is hoping for the largest attendance again so the S/C & S/E will have to step it up.

See ya'll here!

Good news. I'll be there. Everything about this event says it should be a big one if the word gets out about it.

I can think of Nothing that needs to change other than making sure there's enough gas in the 4-wheeler for Al.
Maybe a cut-off for getting a beer order to limit the trips for beer runs.