• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #2 coming April 24-26 2015

Absolutely  Fais. I'm thinking Monday !Tuesday  ? Tuesday  Wednesday Memphis :beerchug:  724 288 3767 .Was going to camp both places  but they seem to open around the 30th WTF is up with that. Now making new sleeping arrangements

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Absolutely  Fais. I'm thinking Monday !Tuesday  ? Tuesday  Wednesday Memphis :beerchug:  724 288 3767 .Was going to camp both places  but they seem to open around the 30th WTF is up with that. Now making new sleeping arrangements

Don, just south of Nashville is Henry Horton State Park and they have camping, my cousin lives right by it. He said to call him. He'll be at the AR rally as well. Let me know and I'll send you his number.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Absolutely  Fais. I'm thinking Monday !Tuesday  ? Tuesday  Wednesday Memphis :beerchug:

If you two get out of Memphis Wed., you can come on over if you like. Just 2 1/2 hrs. away.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Al is Mr Dependable. He'll make sure Don is up at an appropriate hour. (by Al's internal clock as he's retired) He'll get you up in time to get dressed and will have your first cup o joe ready immediately after your constitutional.

A couple of stand up guys that I enjoy sharing a cigar and an adult beverage or two with. Should be an interesting fire side chat.
Getting in some practice next weekend at the SECOG Spring Rally.

Hi Folks

I am coming in from the North, way North as in Minneapolis. Streets and Trips is routing me all the way to Kansas City and then East. Is this the best way to go ?

I would run 71 south to 40 then over to Conway then north on 65 if you want superslab just to get there. Or you can cut over east from Springdale ar and pick you route if you want some twisty riding.

Having not been to cliffs but to Mountain View a few times. Usually take 218 south to 61, onto 54, up to this point is making time and really nothing but eating miles, turning off of 54 onto 19 puts you onto a really nice 2 lane with enough to keep you interested and good pace- 19 all the way to Ar. line then onto #9 into Mountain View following 9 all the way through joins up with a couple of other numbers but eventually you will end up at 65 to go south to Greenbrier - Long days ride for me to ride to Mountain View going this route just to give you timeline idea. HTH. I am tenatively planning to attend as well - have asked for thurs and friday off but busy time of year for me. Are you bringing the RV or just the bike and tent - I have room for tent if you need overnite  or floor space inside. Not so much on the pull thru spot for the RV  :)

Cliff;
Just got home from the Big Bend Ride.
Was a tad wet. But still had a great time.
We spread the word about your ride.
Several are thinking/hoping to be in Arkansas you.
Myself included...

Ride safe, Ted

Just Cliff said:
connie_rider said:
I ain't give up yet.  :32:
Still workin' on it.

Ride safe, Ted

I'm still working on other sleeping arrangements for you Ted.

Ted, I have a full size bed out of my daughter's room we can put in the shop for you. I had forgotten about it, just saw it out in the storage building.

Thank you sir! Appreciated, but Ill be ok...
If I am able to come, I can sleep in the truck. (or I can bring a cot)
Setting around the Campfire with a bunch of COGgers sound great!
Don't want to be in a Motel away from the group...

I couple at the Big Bend Ride seemed interested in coming.
Like me, they will have to see if they can work it out...
Talked to another in Houston yesterday. He too is interested...

To any of you that are thinking about going to this event... DO IT!!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Thank you sir! Appreciated, but Ill be ok...
If I am able to come, I can sleep in the truck. (or I can bring a cot)
Setting around the Campfire with a bunch of COGgers sound great!

To any of you that are thinking about going to this event... DO IT!!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

No problem, just trying to accommodate.
For any non campers, I have a bed available in the shop.

LSGiant said:
Can't wait for this to happen. Nothing better than the first long ride on the season.

Neither can I & I don't even get to ride. I'll get my pleasure from making sure everyone in attendance is having a good time & feed well.

Hello Cliff . Regards from Houston.
The "other one" Ted is talking about is me . A friend of mine and I would like to take advantage of your invitation and join the group.
I am a former Connie rider . Hope to be there and meet new & old friends.
:)
LSGiant said:
Can't wait for this to happen. Nothing better than the first long ride on the season.

Marcel said:
Hello Cliff . Regards from Houston.
The "other one" Ted is talking about is me . A friend of mine and I would like to take advantage of your invitation and join the group.
I am a former Connie rider . Hope to be there and meet new & old friends.
:)
LSGiant said:

Great! Would love to have you, the more the merrier.

Thank you Mr. Cliff ! Looking forward to meeting you all. :)
My friend and I are officially registered for the event.
Anybody else from Houston area ? We plan to leave Houston Thursday after work, spend the night somewhere between Houston and Texarkana and arrive Greenbrier sometime on Friday.
Ride Safe

Been talking to Bob and Jim about coming with me.
If I can make it happen, We'll be leaving Houston on Friday.
**(at the Wildflower ride) Will be talking to others about going to this event..

Keep it up Cliff. Your planning a heck of a ride!! Saaaaalutttee!!

Ride safe, Ted

Well good news. I am going to be a hippie backpacker and stay at Hostiles  in Nashville and Memphis. Dirt cheap cant beat that. More money for Arkansas  if they use money there  :) :beerchug:  wont beable to bring goats for trade

17 more day and I'm headed to Cliff's place. Might come as a surprise to some of you, but I'll be bringing some cigars andFireball.
See all of you knuckleheads soon. Cliff, gas up that 4 wheeler of mine please.

How much riding will you be doing at this event?  I see lots of talk about camping, food and Fireball (all well and good  :great: ), but not much about rides. I rode through Arkansas on a previous trip and seem to remember some very tasty roads! I didn't get much riding in last season, but looking forward to more in '15.

But I can't tell if this is all about the camping, or if you guys will be going out riding on the local twisties?

Keith

Funny!  This group of guys will be willing to ride as many as most want at one time!  Just come over and jump right in.

We get up early, huddle around our coffee apperati, assess the weather, and at some point an engine is fired up. It's at that point I start scrambling for my gear. And while we're enjoying the ride we know there will be a meal and a fire back at camp - just like God intended!

No set schedule - you'll probably ride with whoever you sat next to at the fire lol.

You'll see some high milers at Cliff's. And people riding in from all over. Join us :motonoises:

There will be lots of riding, some will ride hard & fast all day. Then some will make it an easy day of riding & sight seeing. A few may only go out a few hours. Looks like at least 1/2 will arrive on Thurs. just so they can get in 2 FULL days of riding.

At night there will be food, friends & fire. Many of your fellow n/c COGER's will be here, come on down.

This shaping up to be a good one, with a good group of guys & ladies.

Tulio Di Renzo and I are leaving on Thursday after work.
Will spend the night in Nacogdoches,TX.
ETA Greenbrier Friday after lunch. :beerchug:

Anybody else from Houston ??
Come on TED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm signing up.  (Done)
But I probably can't leave until Friday Morning.
(I think I have found someone to travel with me).

Ride safe, Ted

I can't because of the MS150 activities where I volunteer as a ride marshal.
This weekend is our last training ride (pedal) before  the MS150 Bicycle ride. (Houston to Austin -  April 18th-19th)
I have never been to the Wildflower Ride because of my commitment with MS150 . :'(
Have fun / be safe and say Hi to every one
Marcel 

I am planning to bring a special gift from the Great White North across the Mason Dixon Line to help you understand why we spend those long winters here.

Smokehouse Porter
Heavier on the caramel malt and lighter on the roast malt. 5% of the base malt is smoked in-house for a smoky complexity. And weighing in at 6.2% ABV it can also be your winter warmer.

LSGiant said:
I am planning to bring a special gift from the Great White North across the Mason Dixon Line to help you understand why we spend those long winters here.

Smokehouse Porter
Heavier on the caramel malt and lighter on the roast malt. 5% of the base malt is smoked in-house for a smoky complexity. And weighing in at 6.2% ABV it can also be your winter warmer.

Um, we do that down here, too. Some likes their corn from a jar, others (like me) enjoy a little malt and barley or wheat in the stew...

Registration is up Sunday the 19th, so if you're coming get signed up. I will be headed out to do the grocery shopping on Tues. the 21st so I need a head count.

If for some reason you don't make the cutoff but want to come, just contact me. We'll work around it.

This is a dry county for those that don't know. If you would like you can PM me your order for adult beverages. We'll pick it up & have it waiting. You can settle up when you arrive.

With 38 signed up from 4 regions this shaping up to be a good time!

My contact info is in the handbook & my profile.

Just Cliff said:
Registration is up Sunday the 19th, so if you're coming get signed up. I will be headed out to do the grocery shopping on Tues. the 21st so I need a head count.

If for some reason you don't make the cutoff but want to come, just contact me. We'll work around it.

This is a dry county for those that don't know. If you would like you can PM me your order for adult beverages. We'll pick it up & have it waiting. You can settle up when you arrive.

With 38 signed up from 4 regions this shaping up to be a good time!

My contact info is in the handbook & my profile.

Will you have my order iced down for our Thursday arrival??? Please!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:BOOOOOOBOOOOO :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been busting my butt hoping I could have my resto done before this ride and I will have her completely on the road by this weekend!!! YAY ME RIGHT! WRONG!!!

Turns out the 25th is PROM night and I have two high school daughters. So instead of enjoying my weekend of making my first ever GOG ride I have to kill a couple of punks!

It's cool though because I will just toss small pieces of those punk boys off every bridge I cross on my way to the next COG rally!!!!! :-X :-X :-X :-X

Hi Cliff  ... I just registered.  I will email shortly re: exact location and advance beverage requests.  So looking forward to seeing you soon.  Guitar nearby??? 

HELMET WANTED:  I am in the market for another Helmet.  If any attendees would like to get rid of one of theirs, I might be interested.  I'm a size M, looking for full face. PM

12SLAG said:
Hi Cliff  ... I just registered.  I will email shortly re: exact location and advance beverage requests.  So looking forward to seeing you soon.  Guitar nearby??? 

Good to hear Larry, looking forward to it. I'm 99% on a guitar for you & plenty of buckets to build Fais a drum set.
Will you have my order iced down for our Thursday arrival??? Please!!!
[/quote]

Yes!

concourscharlie said:
:mad: :mad: :mad:BOOOOOOBOOOOO :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Turns out the 25th is PROM night and I have two high school daughters. So instead of enjoying my weekend of making my first ever GOG ride I have to kill a couple of punks!

Charlie, this would be a good one to make your 1st. You can't miss prom though, they'll be others.
Come over early Thurs., leave early Sat. & be home in time for pictures?

OH YEAH! my beer order is in....you da man Cliff !! can't wait for the first cold one afetr the long ride up!

I've actually discussed the Thursday Friday come home early Sat morning with the boss... I may be able to swing that... I'm just fearing that with my luck I will break down and have to have the boss bring the truck yo get me!!! I know my girls, I'd bewaiting on the truck until Sunday!!!!! Then they would arrive mad and blame me for everything!!!

If it looks like iI will be able to make it until Saturday morning I will register before this Sunday.

You are a gracious host Cliff. Can't wait for this! I just read the first post again and I'm excited.

Don - what's up with your bike and your Elvis plans?

Larry - you're in! Let's see what day I can leave and we can maybe rawk Graceland.

All y'all...anybody have some good twisty gps tracks/routes that're nearby?  I figger it'll be easier to do that now vs after we show up at Cliff's.

12SLAG said:

Guitar has been secured, I have it in my possession. There will be picking & singing around the fire, along with some dancing. Dancing may (will) not be pretty. Most likely will involve Tom & Bill after they've been around the fire indulging.
Paulie said:
All y'all...anybody have some good twisty gps tracks/routes that're nearby?  I figger it'll be easier to do that now vs after we show up at Cliff's.

Paulie, I don't have or use A GPS so I can't help much there. Some of the routes from the 2012 Nationals should be able to be tied into from here.
I'll post some must ride roads & loops tomorrow.

Paulie, I don't have or use A GPS so I can't help much there. Some of the routes from the 2012 Nationals should be able to be tied into from here.
I'll post some must ride roads & loops tomorrow.

[/quote]

I got busy yesterday & forgot to look a map, still haven't. This is off the top of my head, I'll see what else I can come up with.

Starting in Clinton ,AR (just up the road).
Take 16 west to hwy. 7 (Pelsor). Take 7 north to 123. Then take 123 north to 65 (Western Grove), at 65 go south to 235 (Pindall). Take 235 west to 14 (Yellville). Take 14 west (maybe south) to Mt. View. Along 14 you'll see 341/Push Mt. Rd. Ride up the the bottom 10 miles, then turn around & proceed back to 14. Then take 9 east to Mellbourne, Then go south on 67/167 to 58, at 58 go west back to Mt. View. At Mt. View pick-up 9 to Shirley. At Shirley take 16 east back to Clinton.

All very good & crooked roads. I would guess it to be 300 - 350 miles total.

Cliff    :beerchug:

hokay, thanks a lot Cliff!  I charted it on Furkot...looks like ~385 mi from/to Greenbrier
https://trips.furkot.com/ts/wXllUd

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip!  :motonoises:  :great:

and here's his pic  ;D

gilligansisland.jpg

Man that looks like a great ride!

[/quote]

I got busy yesterday & forgot to look a map, still haven't. This is off the top of my head, I'll see what else I can come up with.

Starting in Clinton ,AR (just up the road).
Take 16 west to hwy. 7 (Pelsor). Take 7 north to 123. Then take 123 north to 65 (Western Grove), at 65 go south to 235 (Pindall). Take 235 west to 14 (Yellville). Take 14 west (maybe south) to Mt. View. Along 14 you'll see 341/Push Mt. Rd. Ride up the the bottom 10 miles, then turn around & proceed back to 14. Then take 9 east to Mellbourne, Then go south on 67/167 to 58, at 58 go west back to Mt. View. At Mt. View pick-up 9 to Shirley. At Shirley take 16 east back to Clinton.

All very good & crooked roads. I would guess it to be 300 - 350 miles total.

Cliff    :beerchug:
[/quote]

Paulie said:
hokay, thanks a lot Cliff!  I charted it on Furkot...looks like ~385 mi from/to Greenbrier
https://trips.furkot.com/ts/wXllUd

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip!  :motonoises:  :great:

That last little loop at Mt. View could be dropped if needed. 9 & 58 begin & end within just a few miles of each other. Would take 60 -70 mi. off I'd guess.

Here's something a little shorter.
Starting at Bee Branch. Take 92 west to 263, then 263 north to Big Flat. At Big Flat take 27 west (maybe north) to through Marshal to 254 east. Then 254 to Denard, then 65 south back to Greenbrier.

A substitution at Marshall would be take 65 north to 74 west on to Snowball. From Snowball take 377 south to Witt Springs. Then take 16 west to 254 east.

Another ride, this is a RTE/photo op at Oark Country Store built in 1860 (I think). Well known bike stop.

Starting at Clinton. Take 16 west to Pelsor, at Pelsor take 123 south to 64 west. At Clarksville take 103 north to Oark (pavement ends at store).
When done at the store head back south on 103, take 215 west to 23 north. Take 23 north to 74, then 74 west to Kingston, at Kingston take 21 south back to 74. Continue on 74 through Jasper to 123 south. Take 123 south to 7, take 7 south to 27 north, Then 16 west back to Clinton or 27 to Marshall & 65 south back to Greenbrier.

If time gets short take 7 to I-40 & then east to Conway.

Options are endless.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
In Nashville. Who's  ready. Fair where are you

This mornings local forecast.
Thurs. 40% scattered showers - High mid 60's
Fri. 40% scattered showers - high mid 60's
Sat. partly cloudy - high mid 70's
Sun. sunny - high mid 70's

Weathers looking up & I think we're ready after the grocery shopping today/beer run/ham pick up.

See ya'll here!

Practically anything is better than here. Currently snowing and upper 30s.  Looks to be less than 30 for ride in to work on Thursday morning before my departure.

Look forward to getting away. Got a new camera mounted on the bike and some new camping gear to test out. Never mind a new adult beverage to try after a nice ride on some curvy roads.

I am looking forward to this event...

If anyone is interested, I have created gps routes for the 3 rides that Cliff posted.  If you would like them let me know at beheiple@gmail.com.  You will need to let me know today as I am leaving tomorrow morning.

Okay, Al arrived this morning about 8:00 a.m.  And of course he made his typical thru the night 1,000 + mi. ride  :motonoises:.

I think I'm ready, let's get this thing rolling  :).

See ya'll here!

[/quote]

On the klr probably...
[/quote]

I'm guessing something more Vers....atile. :D

Heading that way tomorrow, KC overnite, and should roll in around lunch time ish at Cliffs on Friday.

Just Cliff said:
Okay, Al arrived this morning about 8:00 a.m.  And of course he made his typical thru the night 1,000 + mi. ride  :motonoises:.

I think I'm ready, let's get this thing rolling  :).

See ya'll here!

:great:  Way to go Al. Was in Hendersonville Nc last weekend and almost ready to go but the rain scheduled scared me. Went back to S. Fl.  :mad:  :'(. Have fun guy"s and be SAFE!! :beerchug:

Heading out in the morning! 

This is happening just down the road in Malvern on Friday and Saturday if there are any other Airgun enthusiast I think I will drop in there on Saturday.

44 in attendance! 13 states & 4 regions represented, s/c, s/e, n/c, n/e.

A couple pictures for now.

Attachments

• HMR #2 561.JPG
    HMR #2 561.JPG
    319.1 KB · Views: 119
  • HMR #2 561.JPG
    HMR #2 561.JPG
    319.1 KB · Views: 110
Just Cliff said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Izes got to know, did it rain and how many day did it rain for?  Now, tell the truth. ???

Most of Friday!

Thanks for that Clif.      :(    May see you next year at your house and I hope to see on the road before that!  Be Well & RIDE SAFE!                      ALAN in S. Fl

It was s great weekend. Thanks again to Cliff and his family for hosting such a great event. Quite a bonfire too.

Bruce :)

Cliff,

Thanks for hosting this rally. Rocky, Randy & I had a fantastic time. Please thank your family as well, they all pitched in to make it a success.

It rained Friday but we were able to get in a ride (to eat), about 150 miles. Saturday was absolutely perfect.

Thanks for every thing Cliff, looking forward to the 3rd annual.

MotoCommuter said:
Cliff,

Thanks for hosting this rally. Rocky, Randy & I had a fantastic time. Please thank your family as well, they all pitched in to make it a success.

It rained Friday but we were able to get in a ride (to eat), about 150 miles. Saturday was absolutely perfect.

Thanks for every thing Cliff, looking forward to the 3rd annual.

Likewise. Had a blast. Can't thank you and your wonderful family enough for allowing us to visit for what became a tremendous rally event that included great people, a fairly large campfire, and superb riding (by others, of course!). As for me, I estimated 1,627 miles total for the four days....

Can't wait to do something like this again next year! No pressure, though......  >:D

lanugo said:
It was s great weekend. Thanks again to Cliff and his family for hosting such a great event. Quite a bonfire too.

Bruce :)

Me too. Nice weekend 1900 miles in 3.5 days

Same for the both of us. We both had a great time this weekend and wanted to thank you Cliff and Jimmie and everyone involved for putting this on. 

J & A

Made it home safe and also sound!

Had a blast...
Cliff, you and your Family are GREAT!!!!

Thanks to all for the OtP Donations. (Particularly Tony)

Will try camping next year.

Ride safe, Ted

Made it to Nashville tonight. I will be home and post up some pics tomorrow.

Thanks and more thanks Cliff. Really enjoyed the camping, riding and your family's awesome energy. Really great of you to have us.  :beerchug:

Cold ride home, but home before dark.  Tony C. caught up with me about 20 minutes after I left Cliffs'.  We rode together for a few miles before our different roads split us up.  Good campout, old friends and new, great food.  COG and ROK were well represented.  Tony C. donated his 50/50 split back to the OTP.  He won't tell you, but I will.  Thank you Cliff and family
  "Is everyone here named Brian?"

Safe and smooth ride back to Houston
1,403 miles in three days
Great roads, Great people, Great Food
Many Thanks to Cliff and his lovely family
Hope to be back next year !  :beerchug:

Cold and cloudy weather came back today, with showers and more cold scheduled until Wednesday. Will get out to BRMC in Cruso, NC on Wednesday morning. Truth is, I hate to leave all this good food left from the rally. We all had chicken, pork, slaw and beans again last night, and it tasted as good as the first time Saturday afternoon. Too much food to go to waste.
I've managed to go through a tank of gas on the four wheeler, and stayed busy until Cliff throws me out on Wednesday. Bought a smart phone, and have been busy loading stuff like Pandora, flashlight, Skype.....and the like. We both looked at each other at breakfast this morning while our new phones were charging together on the counter. The last two to cave and get rid of our flip phones, we're learning together, as two brains are better than none.
Cliff and I have been doing a post rally critique, and except for a few changes, feel things went pretty well for a second year rally. The danger now is that the word keeps spreading to the point that the rally could suffer from too many, but it's up to Cliff to set the best possible max attendee number.
Great seeing all of my friends, and meeting new riders. Looking forward to seeing some next weekend again, with some for the second weekend in a row. COG sure draws some great people, and I'm happy to be a part of all that.
Words are hard to come by for the hospitality that Cliff and Jimmie extend to all of us. I've been lucky enough to be here four times while out on rides, and they have always opened their home and heart to me. Great people with a super family all helped to make us feel welcomed and have fun. Thanks to those that pitched in when anything needed doing.
See you on the road somewhere........

I just want to thank everyone that showed up. You're the ones that make this event what it is. If it weren't for you, it would be nothing. We just provide you a place to camp & some food to eat.

Besides the s/c support, I had several unexpected donations for things to give away. I had over $1,000.00 in gift certificates to give away, plus a lot of other good prizes. I received a last minute package from ROK, full of swag bags, pucks & ear plugs. Teri Conrad made this happen. These were all unexpected gifts, that really added to the event. So a big thanks to ROK, Brian Snowberg n/c AD, Al Norcross s/e AD, & Loren Mock Baldwin Saddles.

Bill Goff of Atlanta donated the Honey Baked hams that everyone loves. I think that's  why ya'll show up. Thanks Bill.

Thanks to those that brought us gifts of appreciation. I have to point out Marcel for the very nice set of steak knives, that are laser engraved.
Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #2 - April 23-25 2015. I'll have to get a picture of them & post it. Thanks Marcel.

We raised $315.00 for over the pond.

We'll be gaining a new member from this get together. He was a guest from Corpus Christi & a non Kawai owner, but said he was going home to join. So an early welcome aboard Steve!

I know I'm leaving things out, but it'll come to me later.

I had a great time, thanks everybody!

Attachments

• DSCN1291.JPG
    DSCN1291.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 116
I thank the Burnett family for all their hard work and hospitality. Hope Cliff didn't have to much to do today,as he looked awfully tired when I left. Thank you Al
for all you do. Thanks for ALL the prizes !  I'll have to arrive early next so I can watch Ted erect his tent. Wow, what a turn out! The Wolf, The Horseshoe, the Spider,
Its like going to the National several times a year. Is the COG family great or what ? BTW my new friend Steve is from Waco.
Hope to see you all in Colorado,
Tony

Nicely done Cliff, looks like it was a blast!  :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I'm bummed I couldn't be there...  :(

See ya in June though bro!  :beerchug:

For all you s/e fire bugs, Doug Re & Phil come to mind. This is how we do fire  :nananana:!

Attachments

• DSCN1293.JPG
    DSCN1293.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 119
Just Cliff said:
For all you s/e fire bugs, Doug Re & Phil come to mind. This is how we do fire  :nananana:!

:eek:

Oh hell ya, that's a fire!!  :08:

cliff, thanks for putting this on. it was great. you and your family really went out of your way for  us and I appreciate it.  yall did a great rally.
the fire was awesome, I dont think we can top that without arson charges being filed.