• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #5

Just Cliff

HMR #5 will happen April 19 - 22 of 2018. Most everything will be the same as in the past. So if you've never been checkout the past threads.

REGISTER BELOW:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=249421&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D04%2D20%27%7D

This year it will be an official 4 day event, about 1/2 show up on Thurs. anyway. May up the registration cost to cover 3 dinners & 3 breakfast instead of the normal 2 & 2. Either way, a place to camp, shower, porta johns, ice chest, coffee, soft drinks & water will all be  included in the cost.

When I get all the details worked out I'll edit this post & get it on the calendar. Just getting the dates out there for now since I've been getting questioned on this.

Lets see some new faces this year!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Yahoo! I already checked the date on my calendar.

err; I'll do what I can, but, I'll have to bring my "old" face...  :)

Ride safe, Ted

I hope to be one of the new guys for HMR #5. I missed #4 due to some health issues that prevented me from riding. Now I'm just trying to figure out when to pull the plug on work.

Cliff, thanks for doing this again. I'll see you in April.

Well, I was planning to do my SW trip that time of year....what better way to start than to do, a new to me, COG rally.

Cookie said:
I hope to be one of the new guys for HMR #5. I missed #4 due to some health issues that prevented me from riding. Now I'm just trying to figure out when to pull the plug on work.

Hope to see you here Jim. Should be several from MN. here.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
:beerchug: :great:

Hope to see you back Don!

MotoCommuter said:
T-shirts this year??

:deadhorse:

Rico said:
Well, I was planning to do my SW trip that time of year....what better way to start than to do, a new to me, COG rally.

About as good as it gets Rico, hope to see you here. If your trip plans involve a truck & trailer you could always trailer here. Leave the truck & trailer here, then carry on with your trip. We'll put you up on the return!

I'm definitely planning on being there and this time, I'll have my own tent.  :)  May not be the on the same level as Ted's Golden Taj Mahal tent from last year, but will hopefully keep me dry when it rains. 

Steve

Hey,,, don't pick on my tent.
      It's a Classic!

"And", I keep telling ya'll,,,
    When I took it to Cliff's, I didn't know the prior owner had painter it OMG "GOLD"..  :-\

Ride safe, Ted

Just Cliff said:
Cookie said:

Hope to see you here Jim. Should be several from MN. here.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
:beerchug: :great:

Hope to see you back Don!

MotoCommuter said:
T-shirts this year??

:deadhorse:

Rico said:

About as good as it gets Rico, hope to see you here. If your trip plans involve a truck & trailer you could always trailer here. Leave the truck & trailer here, then carry on with your trip. We'll put you up on the return!

Very much appreciate it. I wanted to do some Colorado passes, but I'm reading that some don't open until June! Anyone know if that is a common thing, or do they open in May sometimes?

Cliff thanks for doing this again.  I know you were on the fence.  I really hope to make this one is why I care.  I will be retired by then and I am not planning to leave on my big trip until May or early June so I hope I can test my bike and camping gear on the event.

SATXRIDER said:
I'm definitely planning on being there and this time, I'll have my own tent.  :)  May not be the on the same level as Ted's Golden Taj Mahal tent from last year, but will hopefully keep me dry when it rains. 

Steve

Hopefully we made a camping convert of you Steve. See ya in April!

smithr1 said:
Cliff thanks for doing this again.  I know you were on the fence.  I really hope to make this one is why I care.  I will be retired by then and I am not planning to leave on my big trip until May or early June so I hope I can test my bike and camping gear on the event.

Well Bob, I'm on the fence every year. Everybody wants to come back & we have fun, so we do it again. Being retired you'll have no excuse's, see ya here.

We can give you lot's of moto camping info.

Cliff,
Want to thank you and your family for putting forth again for #5. I had a hell of a good time this past year, and do look forward to coming back down.

[/quote]
Brian said:
Count me in as well.  Is it spring yet? 
ZG/ZN Kim said:
Cliff,
Want to thank you and your family for putting forth again for #5. I had a hell of a good time this past year, and do look forward to coming back down.

Always a good gathering of n/c cogger's here. Look forward to seeing y'all back.

LSGiant said:
I think I may be bringing the RV and the spouse this time.

Bring her Jeff. If you need a special plug in for your RV let me know & I'll put one in.

Highly likely bringing the Roadtrek and spousal until also. Unless we need AC I should not need a plug in. We plan on San Antonio after, followed by Big Bend Park then New Orleans then home. Will likely have killer attack Chihuahua along.

SteveJ. said:
Highly likely bringing the Roadtrek and spousal until also. Unless we need AC I should not need a plug in. We plan on San Antonio after, followed by Big Bend Park then New Orleans then home. Will likely have killer attack Chihuahua along.

Bring her Steve, the more wives the merrier. Heck, we might even purdy this place up some. Attack dogs are fine too.

Just Cliff said:
SteveJ. said:

Bring her Steve, the more wives the merrier. Heck, we might even purdy this place up some. Attack dogs are fine too.

All plans are in flux with the your Rendezvous, RWTW, VBR4 and Spider being pretty well locked in. Just not sure how everything else we/I are doing will fit in or what vehicle when. We'll see when we see. We'll make sure to have a muzzle for the attack killer Chihuahua.

Ok vacation days for this event are confirmed. Ted and I may try for better accommodations this time. Even though our gold Trump Towers tent was a big hit, it was too cold for two old codgers like us.

Jim Snyder said:
Ok vacation days for this event are confirmed. Ted and I may try for better accommodations this time. Even though our gold Trump Towers tent was a big hit, it was too cold for two old codgers like us.

Here ya go:
https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000-Indoor-Safe-Portable/dp/B002G51BZU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513599548&sr=8-2&keywords=mr+heater+little+buddy+heater

$70 with Prime shipping.

f232000.jpg

:beerchug:

Jim Snyder said:

:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

I'm still contemplating this, but hate to move my big trip up by 3 weeks to a month, because I don' want to get to Colorado to early and the high passes I want to travel are still closed or frozen. My trip plan was to head through the south, TX, NM, AZ, a little bit of Nevada, Utah, Colorado and if not too cold maybe Yellowstone and SD before heading back. I was planning on leaving the middle of May for 4 to 5 weeks. Do you think If i start from Horseshoe will it be too early?

They can have snow in the passes in Co in June.    July and August are about the only two safe months.

I make no promises....  My new job has me on the road A LOT, but I am glad to know it is scheduled to happen again this year

Rico said:
I'm still contemplating this, but hate to move my big trip up by 3 weeks to a month, because I don' want to get to Colorado to early and the high passes I want to travel are still closed or frozen. My trip plan was to head through the south, TX, NM, AZ, a little bit of Nevada, Utah, Colorado and if not too cold maybe Yellowstone and SD before heading back. I was planning on leaving the middle of May for 4 to 5 weeks. Do you think If i start from Horseshoe will it be too early?

Leaving after HMR could be a bit early, but really depends on snow totals this winter. I go out that way every year, but always in June or July. First time I rode the Sun road at Glacier it was the 3rd. week of July & the road only opened the week prior. Past 2 years have been little snow & fairly mild. It can still be pretty damn cold camping at elevation though.

If you'd like to do both & still start your trip late I'll throw out a couple options. Trailer here & leave your bike, trailer & gear here drive home. Drive back & leave your truck then start your trip.  Return here load up bike & head home. Storage space is not a issue.

Option #2 would be ride out then leave bike & gear, fly home. Fly back here & then start your trip. We'll get you back & fourth to the airport. Allegiant has pretty cheap flights out of Orlando/Sanford. $50.00 - $75.00 one way into Little Rock.

Should you need tires while here, just get them shipped here & we can mount them. You wouldn't be the first to do so.

We'll do whatever we can to help out for one or both trips.  :)

Just Cliff said:
Rico said:

Leaving after HMR could be a bit early, but really depends on snow totals this winter. I go out that way every year, but always in June or July. First time I rode the Sun road at Glacier it was the 3rd. week of July & the road only opened the week prior. Past 2 years have been little snow & fairly mild. It can still be pretty damn cold camping at elevation though.

If you'd like to do both & still start your trip late I'll throw out a couple options. Trailer here & leave your bike, trailer & gear here drive home. Drive back & leave your truck then start your trip.  Return here load up bike & head home. Storage space is not a issue.

Option #2 would be ride out then leave bike & gear, fly home. Fly back here & then start your trip. We'll get you back & fourth to the airport. Allegiant has pretty cheap flights out of Orlando/Sanford. $50.00 - $75.00 one way into Little Rock.

Should you need tires while here, just get them shipped here & we can mount them. You wouldn't be the first to do so.

We'll do whatever we can to help out for one or both trips.  :)

Thanks Cliff.... I'm looking into another option that looks very promising. Do the south part of my trip and leave the bike at my cousins house in Albuquerque and fly home, return in mid July to August and do the northern part.
I'll have an answer in a few days.

Speaking for myself, paying for the extra day is no biggie for the food or we can just do it the easy way like last year for dinner.

Confirmed, barring events beyond our control Joane and will be there staying in the RV.  Look forward to seeing all the peeps.

connie_rider said:
It's supposed to be in South Central in April.
  For some "unknown" reason it's not there yet...??

Ride safe, Ted

Yeah I looked yesterday and didn't see anything on the SC calender.  None of the rides were on there.

Jim Snyder said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Yeah I looked yesterday and didn't see anything on the SC calender.  None of the rides were on there.

How about this Jim?

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=247068&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D04%2D10%27%7D

When Cliff is settled on pricing and is ready to go, it will be listed.

Craig

kv5e said:
Jim Snyder said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

How about this Jim?

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=247068&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272018%2D04%2D10%27%7D

When Cliff is settled on pricing and is ready to go, it will be listed.

Craig
Jim Snyder said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Guess I better get busy on this. Will try to get it squared away & ready for the calendar this weekend.  :)

While your at it,,,, can you check on arrangements at the Motel?
I have someone that is interested, but he's a non-camper.

Before you say it... No,, it ain't me.
I'm gonna camp.
I plan to bring the "Gold" tent.  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Ted

If you bring that "Gold" tent again, Cliff will put you in the back of the pasture behind some trees so we don't have to look at it.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Steve

SATXRIDER said:
Ted

If you bring that "Gold" tent again, Cliff will put you in the back of the pasture behind some trees so we don't have to look at it.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Steve

+++++++++++11111111111  :))

kv5e said:
SATXRIDER said:
Ted

Steve

+++++++++++11111111111  :))

I thought that tent was way cool, but I was camped out by the shop and didn't have to look at it much.  :beerchug:

I plan on being there again this year and look forward to it not raining  ;D

I need to find my picture of the Trump tower, let me do some searching  :-\

connie_rider said:
Ride safe, Ted

Checked on the hotel today, there giving a $65.00 rate. Normal rate is $72.00 they say.

I've put all the details together & sent them to my AD. This should be on the calendar soon. Increased the price some, food cost are up & for the first time I'm gonna have to buy firewood  :'(. I've always cut it myself to help on cost, I just haven't had much dead stuff to cut around here this year. Not to mention this year includes 6 meals.

A place to camp, shower, drinks, ice, ice chest & 6 meals furnished for a mere $40.00. Still a frugal COG bargain in my book!

Yepp. that's a VERY frugal price.
  I'll be there..
          I'll polish up the "Gold" tent.

Ride safe, Ted

PS:    I take back 1/2 the nasty things I just sed about you.  :great:

Just Cliff said:
connie_rider said:
Ride safe, Ted

Checked on the hotel today, there giving a $65.00 rate. Normal rate is $72.00 they say.

I've put all the details together & sent them to my AD. This should be on the calendar soon. Increased the price some, food cost are up & for the first time I'm gonna have to buy firewood  :'(. I've always cut it myself to help on cost, I just haven't had much dead stuff to cut around here this year. Not to mention this year includes 6 meals.

A place to camp, shower, drinks, ice, ice chest & 6 meals furnished for a mere $40.00. Still a frugal COG bargain in my book!

:great: :beerchug:

OK, I will get the calendar updated this evening, at work now.

Standby for the link.

Just Cliff said:
Rico said:
How cold does it usually get at night, that time a year?

Typically not that cold, 50's - 60's. Spring time in Arkansas it could be anything though.

FYI... And when it gets cold at night, watch out for Cliff. He carries snakes around in his jacket pocket to keep them warm  :eek:

Sailor_chic said:
Just Cliff said:
Rico said:

Typically not that cold, 50's - 60's. Spring time in Arkansas it could be anything though.

FYI... And when it gets at night, watch out for Cliff. He carries snakes around in his jacket pocket to keep them warm  :eek:

Hiya stranger. Good to see ya around. Heading to Cliff's?

&^$%$^ Memberize!!

Tried to register.
Got this....

SC 5th Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous (Camping) [TX] - 04/19/2018
We're sorry, there are currently no options available.

I'll assume I did something wrong..  ??

So, explain; After I log in/register, what steps to do to sign up and pay?

Ted

Try it again, please......there was a typo in the options.......when we replace Memberize I will be ecstatic.

Sailor_chic said:
Just Cliff said:
Rico said:

FYI... And when it gets cold at night, watch out for Cliff. He carries snakes around in his jacket pocket to keep them warm  :eek:

Nicole didn't like the snake that slivered out the brush pile much after I caught it. Even though it was only about a 30" black snake.

Thinking back, it was dark & I didn't really know what I was catching. Glad it wasn't a copperhead, they make you swell up & turn colors when they bite. Don't ask me how I know!  :??:

Jim Snyder said:
Ok just registered and it showed me as the first one to register. Do I get a free T-shirt or something.

FUDGERS don't get sprinkles.......... :))

Just Cliff said:
Sailor_chic said:
Just Cliff said:
Rico said:

Nicole didn't like the snake that slivered out the brush pile much after I caught it. Even though it was only about a 30" black snake.

Thinking back, it was dark & I didn't really know what I was catching. Glad it wasn't a copperhead, they make you swell up & turn colors when they bite. Don't ask me how I know!  :??:

What I disliked more, was when you came up behind me and put your hand on my shoulder to get my attention to ask me a question. I almost jumped right into the fire as I thought you were putting that snake on me

Jim Snyder said:
Ok just registered and it showed me as the first one to register. Do I get a free T-shirt or something.

How about we just don't talk bad about you because you run with Ted?  :rotflmao:

Just Cliff said:
Jim Snyder said:

How about we just don't talk bad about you because you run with Ted?  :rotflmao:

Ouch that hurt, but if I must carry that burden I will.

I'm in..

Ya'll are having waaaay to much fun picking on me!  :-[
But, that's ok.
      I know your just jealous because of my extremely good looks and pleasing personality:p

See ya there.
  Ride safe, Ted

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
Well there you have it    Someone who does not like snakes    Tough to sleep with one eye open for 5 days :-\

So how about you.... You joining in?

Rico said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Well there you have it    Someone who does not like snakes    Tough to sleep with one eye open for 5 days :-\

What he said, been a couple years since you've been down Don. Coming?

Registration is moving along nicely, 12 signed up & only 43 spots left.  :)

Just Cliff said:
Rico said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:

Don is having a difficult time choosing between this rally and the SE COG Spring Rally, which is the following weekend. Personally I think he should do both, like many of us are. He could just stay late and cruise over with who ever else is heading to TN. He could always swing by our place, we might be able to put him up (or put up with him) for a couple days.

It's going to a fun two weekends for many of us.

MotoCommuter said:
Just Cliff said:
Rico said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:

Don is having a difficult time choosing between this rally and the SE COG Spring Rally, which is the following weekend. Personally I think he should do both, like many of us are. He could just stay late and cruise over with who ever else is heading to TN. He could always swing by our place, we might be able to put him up (or put up with him) for a couple days.

It's going to a fun two weekends for many of us.

I agree with Don doing both. There's at least one so far hanging out here til time to head to over TN. I want mention Roman's name & I fully expect a couple more!

I haven't looked at registration.
Basically too lazy.. <grin>  :nananana:

Wondering. How many are signed up?

Ride safe, Ted

Hey Cliff, thanks so much for putting this on for April, made it to #3 and 4...cant say I've ever had a better time at any other event!. I know its a ton of work for you and your family, pencil me in for volunteering at the rally. Dan

scooter trash said:
Hey Cliff, thanks so much for putting this on for April, made it to #3 and 4...cant say I've ever had a better time at any other event!. I know its a ton of work for you and your family, pencil me in for volunteering at the rally. Dan

Thanks Dan & look forward to having you back.

Looks like a couple more signed up. This is a fun rally rain or shine. If it's raining Cliff breaks out the slip an slide!!  :rotflmao:
Fantastic riding when it's not raining!!  :motonoises:

MotoCommuter said:
Looks like a couple more signed up. This is a fun rally rain or shine. If it's raining Cliff breaks out the slip an slide!!  :rotflmao:

Not bad riding when it is raining  :great:

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

True dat! Phil and I were rippin it in the twisties among the lightning strikes last year.

worncog said:
COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

True dat! Phil and I were rippin it in the twisties among the lightning strikes last year.

At most of your ages I would be carful with anything that starts with Slip

[quote author=Pittsburgh_Clem

At most of your ages I would be carful with anything that starts with Slip

[/quote]

Clem,  are referring to slipped disks?

worncog said:
COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

I remember seeing you two pull in a bit damp.

SteveJ. said:
worncog said:
COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

I remember seeing you two pull in a bit damp.

I was thinking they looked more like drowned rats!

Kay and I are heading out on Wednesday (4/18) and overnighting in Birmingham. Plan on arriving at HMR after lunch on Thursday (4/19).

Cliff, you still have the growlers from Gravity Brewery?

Looking forward to some Arkansas roads.

MotoCommuter said:

Yep, there still here Kurt. Yuengling is now available here now as of last week!  :)

Also for anyone arriving early or staying late, I have a stove in the shop now. It will be available for your use.

Every year I consider not doing this again. Then every year I buy something to make it a little better.  :-\  4th year I bought a 100 cup coffee pot, earlier this year I came across a deal on 4 tables & 22 chairs, bought those & 2 weeks ago I bought the stove for the shop.

Now who wants to pitch & put a bunkhouse?  :nananana:

(After all the grief you gave me about camping) are you saying you want us to stay in a dry/heated shop?
Shame on you!!  :p

(I'm bringing "Trump Tower" and sleep on the wet/cold ground {if Bob doesn't bring his motor home})..    :bedtime2:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
(After all the grief you gave me about camping) are you saying you want us to stay in a dry/heated shop?
Shame on you!!

(I'm bringing Trump Tower and sleep on the wet/cold ground {if Bob doesn't bring his motor home})..  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, I wish we had a pop up camper we could borrow, that would be the ultimate compromise.

connie_rider said:
Shame on you!!  :p

(I'm bringing "Trump Tower" and sleep on the wet/cold ground {if Bob doesn't bring his motor home})..    :bedtime2:

Ride safe, Ted

Just looking out for you old folks Ted!  :nananana:

Just Cliff said:
MotoCommuter said:

Yep, there still here Kurt. Yuengling is now available here now as of last week!  :)

Also for anyone arriving early or staying late, I have a stove in the shop now. It will be available for your use.

Every year I consider not doing this again. Then every year I buy something to make it a little better.  :-\  4th year I bought a 100 cup coffee pot, earlier this year I came across a deal on 4 tables & 22 chairs, bought those & 2 weeks ago I bought the stove for the shop.

You thinking about a bunk house in the shop? Just have all the materials there for the rally and I'm sure that after a few beers we can getter done!

MotoCommuter said:
Just Cliff said:
MotoCommuter said:

You thinking about a bunk house in the shop? Just have all the materials there for the rally and I'm sure that after a few beers we can getter done!

Yeah! What could go wrong?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beerchug:

Alright, building a bunkhouse !!! A dozen guys drinking and using power tools and hammers. Yes indeed what could possibly go wrong.

Jim Snyder said:
Alright, building a bunkhouse !!! A dozen guys drinking and using power tools and hammers. Yes indeed what could possibly go wrong.

And whats the saying that goes along with that... " Hold my beer and watch this!"

Sailor_chic said:
Jim Snyder said:

And whats the saying that goes along with that... " Hold my beer and watch this!"

Hey Nicole, hold my beer.  :)

trucker said:
Vacation booked and Registered.  Looking forward to it.

Glad to have you back Kevin!