• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #5

connie_rider said:
How about the rest of you that attended Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #1-5.
Can you help us beg ask Cliff to do another??

How about a show of replies,, who else would attend Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6??

Ride safe, Ted

Did I read something in the COG by-laws about "a rally shall be deemed common-law after the 5th consecutive year"...which means if Cliff pulls out of #6, we get half his property and get to have #6 anyway. :nananana: :rotflmao:

Seriously Cliff, I need to get to an HMR for the WHOLE weekend...please do #6!  Pretty please! 

connie_rider said:
Mebbe those of us that enjoyed #5 can talk you into #6?
Never hurts to ask...…….

Ride safe, Ted

Well Ted, you got the Hornets nest stirred up!

Gumby said:
ROAD TRIP in the toy hauler for #6! :great: :beerchug:

If Tom makes the 2,000 mile plus trip from Portland, it's on.

Ted offered to buy 2 kegs if we do this again.  :nananana:

If Ted buys two kegs, I might have to come by and help you drink it. Just don't let him bring that Lone Star "beer-like" stuff...  :D

Ok here is the plan, everyone jump on this thread and tell Cliff how awesome he is. Oh and don't forget to mention his wife is awesome to.

tell Cliff how awesome he is.

Cliff, I hear you are really AWESOME!!!  I'm looking forward to my FIRST HMR next summer...  if you are willing.  I've heard a lot of great comments about you and your wonderful family having COGgers come visit.  Please teach us all about the joys of Arkansas!  Thanks in advance, Roger

Cliff is ok in my book!
His wife {Jimmie} and the rest of his family are really awesome..!!
  {After all, they have to put up with him}..

The whole family {even Cliff} worked hard every year to put on the past Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous.

They'll need some help to get everything ready for the next one, so I've already told them that Jim will be happy to go up and help them get ready for Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6..

Ride safe, Ted

Ok I'm coming be it in a wheel chair, on crutches or with a little luck and a lot of goading from Ted on my c14.  Wonder if i can get a handicap tag for my c14.  We will see.  I'll check with the other voices to get some perspective and I'll let you know.

Man you guys are laying it on thick! Gotta admit though I'm starting to feel the love & y'all really want to come back.

Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:

Jlo said:
Are you going to deny me my first Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous  experience  :'( :'(

See above post Jamie.  :)

If you make it Jamie it'll make Jimmie & Amy happy with out a doubt.

So y'all coming?

Of course we want to come back it's one of the absolute best rides and get togethers of the year. And did we mention that the hosts are awesome !!!

Cliff if it helps I'll tell Ted you moved and he can try to find your new digs.  I mean who wants a gold tent in their yard.  Right?

Cliff,
Geez, if Jamie and Tom come all that way to HMR #6, does that mean you loading up Jimmie and going to the BC in May?
Sorry just had to throw that out.

I had a blast last year for #5.  Had to leave out early Saturday but had a very good time there.  Yes, please have another one for #6.  I will save some time for it.
Lovelle

Not So Wild Turkey said:
Ok I'm coming be it in a wheel chair, on crutches or with a little luck and a lot of goading from Ted on my c14.  Wonder if i can get a handicap tag for my c14.  We will see.  I'll check with the other voices to get some perspective and I'll let you know.

Robert I got faith in you, that's 6 months away you'll back riding. If not I'll get me a wheel chair & we'll have races in the shop!  :))

Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:

Jlo said:
We will be there even if no one else shows up  :beerchug:

Well damn! That put me on the spot. Guess it's on, watch for a new post with dates. See y'all here.

Ok Cliff you have a deal.  I'll race you on anything, anyplace,  any distance my friend because I've figured out I DON'T HAVE TO WIN TO BE A WINNER.  Just hanging out with good friends that have the same interests is the goal.  Oh the roads are ok too I guess.

Just Cliff said:
Not So Wild Turkey said:

Robert I got faith in you, that's 6 months away you'll back riding. If not I'll get me a wheel chair & we'll have races in the shop!  :))

Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:

Jlo said:
We will be there even if no one else shows up  :beerchug:

Well damn! That put me on the spot. Guess it's on, watch for a new post with dates. See y'all here.
:great: :beerchug:

:bravo_2: :bravo_2: :bravo_2:

Not So Wild Turkey said:
Cliff if it helps I'll tell Ted you moved and he can try to find your new digs.  I mean who wants a gold tent in their yard.  Right?

Won't work. I have spies in his area..
ANDDDdddd, I like my gold tent!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Sounds like Cliff's starting to weaken.
      Keep the Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6 requests coming...

A little birdie texted my little birdie and said #6 was on. Kay & I will be there, arriving on Thursday as usual. Just make sure our spot is mowed.  :D

I'll be happy to chip in on a keg as long as it is not that fufu IPA Hoppy type beer. Something normal, like a lager or pilsner, hell I'd even drink some of Ted's Lone Star if he brings it!

So, will there be HMR #6 t-shirts??  :nananana:

Also, you going to have my beer holder installed in the shower by then??

MotoCommuter said:
A little birdie texted my little birdie and said #6 was on. Kay & I will be there, arriving on Thursday as usual.

So, will there be HMR #6 t-shirts??  :nananana:

Also, you going to have my beer holder installed in the shower by then??

It is, see new HMR topic.

We'll discuss it.

Yes it will be.

For clarification; Texas Beer;
                            I bring Lone Star for Ron to drink. (ie; Special beer for Special people)
                            For me and Buddies, I bring "Shiner" Bock..
                            NOTE:  If my Cousin is out of jail by then, I May be able to round up some Corn squeezin's too.

Oh wow
, that is another incentive to schedule Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6.
    Gotta know when to {err} help my Cousin' get out.  :great:

Hey Cliff, do you have a "holler" behind your place where he can set up?

Ride safe, Ted

Update: "Yahooooo" Cliff (err Jimmie} sed yes!   Announcement is here..  http://forum.cog-online.org/south-central-events/horseshoe-mountain-rendezvous-6-may-2-5-2019/

I bring Lone Star for Ron to drink.

Noted.  >:D

connie_rider said:
                            I bring Lone Star for Ron to drink.
                            NOTE:  If my Cousin is out of jail by then, I May be able to round up some Corn squeezin's too.

Oh wow
, that is another incentive to schedule Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6.
    Gotta know when to {err} help my Cousin' get out.  :great:

Hey Cliff, do you have a "holler" behind your place where he can set up?

Ride safe, Ted

Update: "Yahooooo" Cliff (err Jimmie} sed yes!   Announcement is here..  http://forum.cog-online.org/south-central-events/horseshoe-mountain-rendezvous-6-may-2-5-2019/
Shiner Black ain't too shabby either, just sayin'.

Shiner? Well, I guess if that's what we have.......Just about(except Lone Star) will work...Jami, can't wait to see y'all, which does include Tom........And even Ted......

wth  GOT excited  I started to look at my calendar to plan. Planning never stops.  This is from last year. I read the last few posts so I am on the same page.  Well Cliff ?

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
wth  GOT excited  I started to look at my calendar to plan. Planning never stops.  This is from last year. I read the last few posts so I am on the same page.  Well Cliff ?

Don, Cliff created a new thread for HMR #6, yes it is on!!

Did I read that Ted is buying the beer for this event? I think I might have to make the drive for this rare occasion.

Well you got it close. But you have a few word's wrong..

Ted (ie;me) is going to buy "A" 6 pack of TEXAS beer for this event..

Ride safe, Ted

That's awesome Ted's hauling up a couple kegs! Thanks TED!!

Wouldn't miss this for anything!
Thanks Cliff and family! You folks are 1st class!