• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #5

Thursday night dinner is still undetermined. Considering having a local restaurant set up a Taco bar. To stay in budget we have to keep a 4 Taco limit with beans, chips & salsa. My concern is 4 is not enough, at least not for me. That's about 1/2 my quota! Not to mention it just can't sit out all night waiting on late arrivals.

So we may just stick with pizza. Knowing there will be late arrivals this maybe the best option. Nothing wrong with cold pizza & it can be just be left in the box.

Thursday is the one day we need free & to be easy. Jimmie will be working & I'll be getting people signed in/situated.

Thoughts?

Cliff  :beerchug:

just turned in my leave request will see. Hopefully I can show up with all my $hit this time haha. Cliff another thought for easy meals - roaster of chili, hotdogs/buns you got chili dogs cheap easy and can stay on heat all evening. Tacos sound good too just throwin out options for ya.

Whatever you decide is fine; We should chip-in for Thursday night as it wasn't in the original plans...??
                                        ** Keeeee-rection; Jim and Robert will be glad to cover Thursday night expenses..  :great: :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Cobber said:
just turned in my leave request will see. Hopefully I can show up with all my $hit this time haha. Cliff another thought for easy meals - roaster of chili, hotdogs/buns you got chili dogs cheap easy and can stay on heat all evening. Tacos sound good too just throwin out options for ya.

We've considered chili, we'll be having burgers & dogs Friday though.

connie_rider said:
Whatever you decide is fine; We should chip-in for Thursday night as it wasn't in the original plans...??
                                        ** Keeeee-rection; Jim and Robert will be glad to cover Thursday night expenses..  :great: :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Registration includes Thursday night meal Ted. 3 dinners & 3 breakfast with deserts fri/ sat nights this year.

Trying to do it up right with cheap admission!  :)

I've eaten my steak cold before.

Cliff, don't over think it to much. No way Kay would eat four tacos, I'm more of 2/3 taco guy. Spaghetti would be good as well, just heat the sauce for the late arrivals and pour over cold noodles. Pizza is good as well.

We'll be stopping at Julie's Sweet Shoppe and Bakery so if all else fails, we will have pie for dinner!!

I can't attend this year due to a previous commitment. Is there someone attending who could help out as the AMA referee. You would need to have completed the AMA Risk Management Training and also be an AMA member?

I know there are a few folks who are AAD or ADs attending who could assist.

I will have everything there ready on your arrival.

Thanks,

Craig

I will not be able to make it to Cliff's this year. I've postponed my retirement date a few times. My new target work departure date is 5/25/18. Due to the wonderful efficiency of the SSA and Medicare folks, I need to bank my final vacation days and get a payout instead of a ride to Cliff's.

Have fun. I'll be there next year.

In like Flynn.  Joane and I will be coming from Moab, Utah with the RV.  We will be there by Thursday maybe a little earlier....

Jeff Kerkow said:
In like Flynn.  Joane and I will be coming from Moab, Utah with the RV.  We will be there by Thursday maybe a little earlier....

Could be a good place to build an RV park. I'll be there in the Roadtrek again though this time I won't need to be tethered to a 110 volt line. The gas quit on my old fridge last year.

Well....I thought this was going to be the start of a great trip west, but plans change and a good friend needs a little help in Katanawa Japan to finish fixing his sail boat. This might also lead to helping him sail it to Alaska and then down the west coast. Don't know if I will do that part, but this means I have to cancel on this trip. Maybe we will all see each other at RWTW. Have fun everyone.

Rico said:
Well....I thought this was going to be the start of a great trip west, but plans change and a good friend needs a little help in Katanawa Japan to finish fixing his sail boat. This might also lead to helping him sail it to Alaska and then down the west coast. Don't know if I will do that part, but this means I have to cancel on this trip. Maybe we will all see each other at RWTW. Have fun everyone.
Rico, sounds like quite the adventure.

Looking forward to RWTW to hear all about it.

Awesome.

Rico said:

Can't blame ya a bit Rico, enjoy the trip.

Only 3 weeks left to register. Can't edit my original post so I'll recap here.

4 day event, registration includes.

6 meals, 3 dinners & 3 breakfast.
Soft drinks, water, ice, ice chest & morning coffee.
A place to camp & nightly fire.
50/50 drawing with 1/2 going to OTP.
Door prizes.
State maps & Arkansas motorcycle road guides.
Shower & porta john.

Bargain of the year!  :)

Just Cliff said:

Door prizes.
Shower & porta john.

If this isn't a COG frugal rally there ain't one  :great:

COGnosticator said:
Just Cliff said:

Door prizes.
Shower & porta john.

If this isn't a COG frugal rally there ain't one  :great:

Will also be having a local lady fresh bake some cakes for Saturday night dessert. Wife will be baking some brownie's for Friday night dessert.

connie_rider said:
Bon Fire???

Ride safe, Ted

Yes Ted, there will be a bonfire. Smaller than in the past, but still a bonfire.

Just Cliff said:
Will also be having a local lady fresh bake some cakes for Saturday night dessert. Wife will be baking some brownie's for Friday night dessert.

If you have a crock pot I will make a chocolate lava cake in it that will make you slap your momma  :D

COGnosticator said:
If you have a crock pot I will make a chocolate lava cake in it that will make you slap your momma  :D

:hum: Jerry baking cakes, this will be sight.  :nananana: Have crock pots, lemme know what you need. I'll let you play Betty Crocker!  :)

Just Cliff said:
COGnosticator said:

:hum: Jerry baking cakes, this will be sight.  :nananana: Have crock pots, lemme know what you need. I'll let you play Betty Crocker!  :)

I will bring the cake mix and pudding mix.  I will need a couple of eggs and milk and that is it  ;D  I do 99% of the cooking in my house, mainly because I am so picky Jean told me to cook  :D

I do 99% of the cooking in my house, mainly because I am so picky Jean told me to cook

I fell for that trick a few times before I learned to keep my mouth shut and eat whatever she cooks.  :-[

COGnosticator said:
Just Cliff said:
COGnosticator said:

I will bring the cake mix and pudding mix.  I will need a couple of eggs and milk and that is it  ;D  I do 99% of the cooking in my house, mainly because I am so picky Jean told me to cook  :D

Jerry....laugh your @$$ off when those goobers gobble down your Choco LAVA Cake!!!!!!!!  :allhail: :celebrate: :sign0066:

I am sorry I am missing it!!!! Probably goes down well with a good Zinfadel or Pinot Noir!!!!! :party0036:        ROTFLMAO

Be in Wednesday with my A#1 wingman Roman. Cliff, buddy, see if the beer store will order a case of Black & Tan  bottles for me. I'm not necessarily coming to eat, and if all goes right will need a sturdy seeing eye dog type like Rick or Don. See all you knuckleheads soon :-* :-* :-*

Wednesday looks likely for me. I probably will do some driveway camping and brain cell killing in NOLA on the way. Will arrive in Roadtrek with bike in tow. Heading north and west after for about 3 to 4 months.

OMG!!!  Al's coming...  :-\ 
    There goes the neighborhood...  :-[
              Here's my happy to hear from you salute.  {gesture}  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
OMG!!!  Al's coming...  :-\ 
    There goes the neighborhood...  :-[
              Here's my happy to hear from you salute.  {gesture}  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted

Yeah, thought we got rid of all the riff raff but like a bad penny, keeps coming back.

Be good to see ya Al, save me a seat around the fire in the cigar section!

We will be there after lunch some time on Thursday, Bill Goff will be with us as well. Save my spot on the back tree line!!

SteveJ. said:
Ironbutt Al who??

:beerchug:

See ya there buddy.
Rico said:
Wow, IronButt Al the Unicorn will be there....and I'm going to miss it! Have fun Al

I see Al taking on a new name here. Now I need to find a horn to stick on his bald head.  :nananana:

This could be a special occasion, he doesn't appear often anymore. It could be his only appearance this year.

He just couldn't resist not seeing my smiling face any longer.  :-* For those that don't know, Al is the reason this event ever got started. He was passing through & called for a place to stay. We put him up as we have many cogger's. When he saw I had space & a large building that's when it begin. He stayed after me for months to host a event. I keep saying nobody wants to camp in my pasture. I finally gave in & did it. Turned I out I was wrong, y'all do like camping in my pasture.  :)

Only 19 spots left so get signed up & come see the Unicorn!

19 spots left??

C'mon ya'll we need more victim's err "Campers"! {also a Motel near by}
    Maybe this will help you decide.  "Al's buying"..  >:D

Ride safe, Ted

well not sure whats up with website but have tried to register for this event several different times  with no joy - Cliff I will be there again - just have to owe ya til then sorry.

Cobber said:
well not sure whats up with website but have tried to register for this event several different times  with no joy - Cliff I will be there again - just have to owe ya til then sorry.

Try to register from clicking on it on this list:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=46796

I am from the SE region and had a bitch of a time getting to the registration because cogmos kept sending me back to the SE calendar.  I finally logged out of the SE area, then clicked on the rally from the link above and was able to register.

Maybe that will help

Took a few attempts, but I was able register and pay today.  I'm an old/new member.

Attachments

• IMG_2134.JPG
    IMG_2134.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 145
Tried your link cognosticator - got me one screen closer but no joy. Logged out and in (forum recognizes me anyway) but checkout says nothing in cart one time and other times says not logged in - oh well.

Cobber said:
Tried your link cognosticator - got me one screen closer but no joy. Logged out and in (forum recognizes me anyway) but checkout says nothing in cart one time and other times says not logged in - oh well.

I have the same issues getting to an event that's not southeast. Sometimes I get through doing weird stuff, usually not.

I have found that the whole calendar area is easier to access from my smarter than I phone.

I did try clearing cookies on my lap top with no apparent improvement. It's just this software is quite sucky.

Cobber said:

I wonder if you went into your profile and changed it to the South Central region if that would work.  I don't even know if you can do that, just thinking how to get around the software

COGnosticator said:
Cobber said:

I wonder if you went into your profile and changed it to the South Central region if that would work.  I don't even know if you can do that, just thinking how to get around the software

Well looks like I can't change what chapter I am in so much for that

Cobber said:

I have the same problems, it usually takes me  a 1/2 dozen tries to register for a event. Want even let me into my own region, always goes to n/c.

See ya here Scott!

Just Cliff said:
Cobber said:

I have the same problems, it usually takes me  a 1/2 dozen tries to register for a event. Want even let me into my own region, always goes to n/c.

See ya here Scott!

Technology is hard for old people!!!  :nananana:

But yeah, navigating the calendar and reg site can be frustrating.

Cliff, make sure you have  my spot on the back tree line mowed nice and smooth!!!

Weather is looking decent as of right now. Lows in the 50s and highs in the low 70's.

Cliff we would have to vote but I am pretty sure we would let ya into the North Central group  :)

I aint sure but I think Kurt just called me "old"  :'( - oh well beats the alternative and supposed to be wiser right. :great:

Cobber said:
Cliff we would have to vote but I am pretty sure we would let ya into the North Central group  :)

I aint sure but I think Kurt just called me "old"  :'( - oh well beats the alternative and supposed to be wiser right. :great:

Not 100% sure but I think Ironbuttal as already christened Cliff a SECOG member. There's always room for more, though.

MotoCommuter said:
Cliff, make sure you have  my spot on the back tree line mowed nice and smooth!!!

I'll make sure that's done Kurt, but for Kay though!  :nananana:

Cobber said:

:great:  ;)

SteveJ. said:
Not 100% sure but I think Ironbuttal as already christened Cliff a SECOG member. There's always room for more, though.

Yep, was adopted into the S/E several years ago. I think Al was just trying to increase his head count. 

Registered, paid and ready to go.  Oh, Ted, after I got home from the Wildflower ride and dug out my tent I made a startling discovery.  It is GOLD!!!  I guess I will be stuck out back somewhere next to you.  This should be a blast!

wmytigas said:
Registered, paid and ready to go.  Oh, Ted, after I got home from the Wildflower ride and dug out my tent I made a startling discovery.  It is GOLD!!!  I guess I will be stuck out back somewhere next to you.  This should be a blast!

But is yours gold lamay  :D

Glad it's raining today in central Arkansas. That means - hopefully - not much rain next weekend. Supposed to have showers Saturday PM, however. Thursday - sunny; Friday, partly cloudy.

Eupher said:
Glad it's raining today in central Arkansas. That means - hopefully - not much rain next weekend. Supposed to have showers Saturday PM, however. Thursday - sunny; Friday, partly cloudy.

If it doesnt rain, we won't be able to use the slip and slide. Seems it wouldn't be a HMR with out some wet stuff.

MotoCommuter said:
Eupher said:

If it doesnt rain, we won't be able to use the slip and slide. Seems it wouldn't be a HMR with out some wet stuff.

I hate to even bring the weather up. As of now it is shaping up to be a great forecast!  :)

Only 4 days left to register.

Just a sneak peek of what is for supper Saturday night  ;D

167304839.FZjDWmY3.lasagna.png

COGnosticator said:

I do like me some squirrel! Fried or in dumplings is hard to beat.

How many squirrels does that box call for Jerry? Grays are hard to find around here. Plenty of big red fox squirrels, but there to tough to chew. We could substitute squirrel with rabbit.  :nananana:

Just Cliff said:
COGnosticator said:

I do like me some squirrel! Fried or in dumplings is hard to beat.

How many squirrels does that box call for Jerry? Grays are hard to find around here. Plenty of big red fox squirrels, but there to tough to chew. We could substitute squirrel with rabbit.  :nananana:

How about I just stop on the way and pick up some ground beef.

smithr1 said:
I tried to eat squirrel once.  I pop um with the 12 and dar aint enough left to stew.

Thats why I started hunting them with bow and arrow. When people ask me how do I find all my arrows I tell them, "I just go pick up the squirrels".

Jim Snyder said:
smithr1 said:
I tried to eat squirrel once.  I pop um with the 12 and dar aint enough left to stew.

Thats why I started hunting them with bow and arrow. When people ask me how do I find all my arrows I tell them, "I just go pick up the squirrels".

fc68e6bcc8e27fe11177a5c13cfa9c80.jpg

It's On CUZ!!!

Sometimes life gets in the way of fun  :mad:

Looks like I am not going to be able to make it this year.  I know y'all will have a great time and the weather looks great too.

See some of you down the road.  :great:

COGnosticator said:
Sometimes life gets in the way of fun  :mad:

Looks like I am not going to be able to make it this year.  I know y'all will have a great time and the weather looks great too.

See some of you down the road.  :great:

Well now, that does suck. :'(

On TDY near Mount Ida, AR. Arriving at Cliff's today.

COGnosticator said:

That really sucks Jerry, was looking forward to having you. What are we going to do for entertainment now?  :nananana:

4 arrived yesterday & 4 more arrive today. We're getting started early!  :)

Doing my best to make it down today. Flight got in super late last night. Switching up gear for a little cooler riding and sleeping

Just Cliff said:
COGnosticator said:

That really sucks Jerry, was looking forward to having you. What are we going to do for entertainment now?  :nananana:

Looks like the party has already started  :beerchug:  It is killing me, but hopefully next year  I guess y'all will just have to sing around the campfire  ;D

COGnosticator said:
Just Cliff said:
COGnosticator said:

Looks like the party has already started  :beerchug:  It is killing me, but hopefully next year     ;D

I share the same feelings Jerry

I try not to think about it but I do. My only year was last year and I really enjoyed myself even with the rain.

I take it you are not there this year, Nicole 

Well once again Cliff and the gang put on one heck of a ride. The food was great and the roads were awesome. I had several close calls with 2 deer, 3 buzzards, and a squirrel, but other than that we had three days of some of the best roads in the country.

I enjoyed meeting fellow Riders.  Friday morning was a bit Cold in the Tent found Frost my Seat.  A great organization that cares for its members and Members genuinely care for each other.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.JPG
    IMG_2333.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 151
Just got home.
As usual Cliff and his family support group did an excellent job!!!!!
Great food, great people, great roads,,, and no Tornado warnings this year!!

NOTE: Great turnout. {Even Al showed up}..

Thank you Cliff, family, and all!!

Ride safe, Ted

As usual, great rally hosted by Cliff and Jimmy and family.

But what an absolutely crappy ride home. It rained on us from Conway to east of Birmingham, we got a short reprieve until Atlanta, then the rain started again with the wind. Got home at 830p, and 11 hour ride. If Kay didn't have to be at work I would have stopped short and over nighted.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in a few days.

Saw that on the weather channel. The Carolina Conclave folks dodged that, except maybe Tom Sills who had to ride west into it this morning.  Glad you made it back okay.

I’ll agree with Kurt, the rally was great. Cliff and family did a great job putting on the rally. It was too bad the great bonfire got rained out Saturday night. At least we had three days of great riding.
The rain sucked on the ride back to Alabama. I rode most of the way work Kurt & Kay, thanks for leading the way. The farther east we got the harder it rained. I need better gear, I was soaked  when I got home. Thanks one & all for a great rally.

Great time  ...  thanks to all who helped with my new COG member's needs.

Here are a few pics, including a traffic stop we encountered in Mt. View.  Hope the link works....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6DEBAFGQ3ajyndW23

Thanks Cliff, Jimmy, girls and family.  (Molly, you were an excellent hostess.)

12SLAG said:
Great time  ...  thanks to all who helped with my new COG member's needs.

Here are a few pics, including a traffic stop we encountered in Mt. View.  Hope the link works....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6DEBAFGQ3ajyndW23

Thanks Cliff, Jimmy, girls and family.  (Molly, you were an excellent hostess.)

Finally some pictures.  Thanks LARRY    :great:

Clay49 said:
It was too bad the great bonfire got rained out Saturday night. At least we had three days of great riding.

Only one wet night was a good thing. Everyone got to ride all they wanted. The 5 layover refugees & I did light that fire Sunday night. I'll see if I can get some pictures up later.

We had a great time! Thanks to everyone that came & made this event what it is. They're were several that pitched in here & there, thank you.

A big thanks to Jeff & Joanne Kerkow for providing dinner for the 8 or 9 of us that were here Wed. night. Also to Jim Snyder for volunteering to write a article for the Concouier.  :great:

As usual I always say this year is the last year, we'll see.

The pleasure was all ours. Thank you so much Cliff and your family and friends.  It is great that you do this for COG. To me it also shows what a wonderful group of family and friends that you have. It is wonderful that they are willing to come over every year to help with rally and put up with this eclectic group of people.

Excellent weekend, rally and riding.  Thanks to Cliff and everyone involved.
Even though I was a wimp and headed out Saturday I still think I made the right choice for me.  I got to ride all day again in Ar hills.  I was able to scrape the crust from two days of camping off, have a nice meal and sleep in a warm bed.  Then Sunday I was able to get home faster and dry. So worth it.
Thanks again.

Well, better late than never. Many thanks to the Burnette family for a great weekend..We really missed not having the "big" fire Saturday night, but managed to have a good time anyway.  C'mon Cliff, you know number 6 has to go on!!!!

Jim and Amy

Enjoyed myself too, though I had to bail out early on Saturday morning.    Will try to make it a longer event next time.  :beerchug:

Amazing time.  Didn't freeze but almost.  Didn't get wet but almost.  Great food, fires and folks.  Oh yea and great roads.  Also thanks to the troopers that were on roads other than the ones I was on.  Cliff you and your family are truly appreciated for all the work you put in.  I know this is where you say you didn't do much but the outcome proves otherwise. 

What really makes this year special is the age old question of how many COGr's it takes to change a tire has been definitively answered.

I was able to meet the South Dakota Refugee COGr's and a couple of wayward Texans after Cliffs and we spent the rest of the week acting like we know how to ride.  Rain, fog and sunshine but every day was a good one.  We were lead by the most interesting man in the world.  His identity is a secret.  Rumors abound.

Thanks again to Cliff, Jimmie and the Burnett family for a wonderful time in the Ozarks. I hung around and bothered them for the whole week until new left for Carving the Cumberlands rally.

Bill

How about the rest of you that attended Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #1-5.
Can you help us beg ask Cliff to do another??

How about a show of replies,, who else would attend Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6??

Ride safe, Ted