• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #5

Just Cliff

HMR #5 is now on the calendar & registration is open. Hope to see some of y'all here!

See SC events thread.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Anyone from KC area going down?

Jeff, any timeline on when you plan on rolling through KC?

Jeff Kerkow said:
Anybody from Minnesota heading down ?

I usta be from Minnesota, doe that count?  :nananana:

I'll be heading up to AR somewhere around April Fools. Probably stopping in NOLA for a day or three then head up toward maybe Fayetteville/Eureka Springs area for a bit on the way to Cliff's. Then on to MN for a while.

:beerchug:

We are in Texas now going to Utah April 4 to 11 then head to Cliffs also. Then head for Minnesota also.

I can't attend this year due to a previous commitment. Is there someone attending who could help out as the AMA referee. You would need to have completed the AMA Risk Management Training and also be an AMA member?

I know there are a few folks who are AAD or ADs attending who could assist.

I will have everything there ready on your arrival.

Thanks,

Craig

Any AMA member can get the Risk Management Certificate by watching three videos (less than 30 minutes) on the AMA website and then filling out and submitting the simple form.  There is no cost.  I sure would like to make this trip, but don;t think I can do it with the WIldflower and the National so close at hand.  I know it's gonna be a hoot.  :great:

Hell Im still trying to get my AMA membership card. The accepted payment in Feb and still not on the books.

I will be going, there is some talk of meeting at Jack's resort a couple days early. That would be riding/camping up in the Mountain View/Mountain Home areas, a little north of Cliff's. Then head to Cliff's on Thursday.

I will not be able to make it to Cliff's this year. I've postponed my retirement date a few times. My new target work departure date is 5/25/18. Due to the wonderful efficiency of the SSA and Medicare folks, I need to bank my final vacation days and get a payout instead of a ride to Cliff's.

Have fun. I'll be there next year.

Jim you need to plan better. You are so darn close to the end.  Call in sick all that week, the worst that can happen is they fire you, then you are on your way!!!!! Sometimes it is best to call a "naked reverse", and just see what in the hell happens!

Cookie said:
I will not be able to make it to Cliff's this year. I've postponed my retirement date a few times. My new target work departure date is 5/25/18. Due to the wonderful efficiency of the SSA and Medicare folks, I need to bank my final vacation days and get a payout instead of a ride to Cliff's.

Have fun. I'll be there next year.

I'm crushed Jim! Gonna skip coming here just to get your permanent vacation started.  :'( :'( :'(

See you at the VBR anyway, enjoy.

Cliff, I was hoping to make it to your event this year. In stead of using my vacation time, I really should get a pay out on instead. It will be two month after retirement before I get my first Social Security check. The payout is the smart thing to do. Then again, when have I done the smart thing? If I change my mind, I'll let you know.

VBR4 has been downgraded to an open house. Very sad news. I think Aerostich had trouble getting a place to have it. Spirit Mountain jacked up the cost and the alternative site didn't pan out.

Hope to see you in Texas at the National. I will be there.

Cookie said:
Cliff, I was hoping to make it to your event this year. In stead of using my vacation time, I really should get a pay out on instead. It will be two month after retirement before I get my first Social Security check. The payout is the smart thing to do. Then again, when have I done the smart thing? If I change my mind, I'll let you know.

VBR4 has been downgraded to an open house. Very sad news. I think Aerostich had trouble getting a place to have it. Spirit Mountain jacked up the cost and the alternative site didn't pan out.

SICK DAYS !

Cookie said:

DEATH IN THE FAMILY !  Just happens to be in Arkansas.

Thanks for the ideas, Tony. Maybe I can call in dead.

OK, I'm back to thinking about attending. Sounds like I need a few beers this weekend so I can make a irrational decision. To be responsible or to be like I usually act, that is the question. Kind of like why did I need to buy another motorcycle last fall when I had three in the garage already? FYI, I did buy it.

I guess you only go around this life once. Grab the gusto while you still can. Sounds like I'm talking myself into this.

More to follow.

Cookie said:

OK, I'm back to thinking about attending. Sounds like I need a few beers this weekend so I can make a irrational decision. To be responsible or to be like I usually act, that is the question. Kind of like why did I need to buy another motorcycle last fall when I had three in the garage already? FYI, I did buy it.

I guess you only go around this life once. Grab the gusto while you still can. Sounds like I'm talking myself into this.

More to follow.

Nothing like some thinking fluid to get it all figured out

See ya at Cliff's.  :great: :motonoises: :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Cookie said:

More to follow.

Nothing like some thinking fluid to get it all figured out

See ya at Cliff's.  :great: :motonoises: :beerchug:

What Steve said.

I'll have some that fluid & help ya out!  :)

I'm planning on leaving KC around 9am Thursday.
Here's my route if anyone's interested in joining me. I plan on hitting RT125 south of Springfield, taking the Peels Ferry. It's a fun stretch of road once you're on 125 if you haven't ridden it yet.

https://goo.gl/maps/HUPzJS64D8x

Rasmith said:
I'm planning on leaving KC around 9am Thursday.
Here's my route if anyone's interested in joining me. I plan on hitting RT125 south of Springfield, taking the Peels Ferry. It's a fun stretch of road once you're on 125 if you haven't ridden it yet.

https://goo.gl/maps/HUPzJS64D8x

125 is a very good road, on the MO side between the Ferry & 160 is excellent. 235 from Yellville to Pindall is a great road also. Appears unpaved on your map but it's not.

See ya here,

No can make it this week. Besides the work thing, we got 15" of snow this weekend and it's still snowing. I need to go to a snow blower rally!

I'm not even going to Bar-B-Que tonight, and that's rare. I'm tired of shoveling the deck. I'm letting that stuff melt this time.

Welcome to spring in Minnesota. Remind me why I live here.

Have fun at Cliff's. Maybe next year. At this point, I'll be happy to be able to ride to TX in June.

Cookie said:
No can make it this week. Besides the work thing, we got 15" of snow this weekend and it's still snowing. I need to go to a snow blower rally!

I'm not even going to Bar-B-Que tonight, and that's rare. I'm tired of shoveling the deck. I'm letting that stuff melt this time.

Welcome to spring in Minnesota. Remind me why I live here.

Have fun at Cliff's. Maybe next year. At this point, I'll be happy to be able to ride to TX in June.

Heya Jim. How come you guys get all the good weather up there? (duck and run as fast as an old white guy can)

My B-I-L lives in Lake Elmo. As of today this will be the fourth time he has had to shovel his roof. He said the heat cables for up there have moved way up the list of things to get.

Good luck with all that, it's been a long one up there.

ttfn.

On TDY near Mound Ida/Hot Springs, AR where it is getting down to 32 tonight. Ufda!