• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6, May 2-5 2019

Just Cliff

Okay boys & girls HMR #6 is on! I guess we've done something to make you wanna keep coming back as seen from the pressure I received in #5 thread. Maybe y'all just really like camping in my yard/pasture.

Due to a s/e event already planned, Easter & Mothers Day it's just a little later in the year than normal. Could be a good thing, we'll see.

This will once again be a 4 day event. Registration will again include 6 meals, 3 dinners & 3 breakfast along with water, soft drinks, morning coffee. All will be pretty much the same as in the past. A place to camp, shower & those lovely plastic outhouses will also be included.  Might get creative & make a few upgrades/changes but don't count on it.

Keep an eye out for more details & info to come.

So mark your calender's & plan to be here. We're doing it because you wanted it!  :)

They don't get much more frugal than this event.

Letting work know I will not be around for work week 18 & 19 in 2019, cause I will be in Arkansas.

:103: :singing: :campfire:

Yahooooooooooooooooooooo…………… Thank you Cliff!  {err Jimmie}

Letting the Boss {wifey} know that I'll need that time off too.
Cliff;  Let me know if you need me to send "Jim" to help with preparations.. <sly grin>

Ride safe, Ted

I am happy to see this again...  I would be happier if I have time to make it.  Lets see if work is more cooperative this year.

:great:

And wifey may even attend, though she will not ride much. She's not a fan of curvy roads, especially if taken at a faster than cruiser speed.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

:beerchug:

:popcorncouple:

Oh nooooo.
    There goes the neighborhood...………..  :rotflmao:

CRocker said:
Hmmm...considering the long ride for me and all...I might be able to make it in May... :-\

Ride safe, Ted

"Oh nooooo.
    There goes the neighborhood...………..  :rotflmao:"

I'm not really sure it's a good thing when Ted says that... :rotflmao:

Good point…  :-[
OK, {even though CRocker and I plan to be there},, who else wants to offer Cliff encouragement?

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks Cliff and Jimmie for keeping the HMR alive.  Really looking forward to it!

I'm thinkin a week's vacation is in order for this one...cause I ain't doin that 1100 m. straight thru again.  :truce:

Cliff,
That's great news. I hope to be there, but can't commit to anything until late Feb. Life is throwing me a sucker punch again, so I back to limiting my planning to three to four month segments. It looks like it could be an interesting, but not fun, year.

It's on the calendar. If my health permits, I'll be there.

Cookie said:
Cliff,
That's great news. I hope to be there, but can't commit to anything until late Feb. Life is throwing me a sucker punch again, so I back to limiting my planning to three to four month segments. It looks like it could be an interesting, but not fun, year.

Dammit. Good luck to ya Jim. Say "hey" to Mrs. Cookie for me.

Hopefully I can make it! I will be heading to the SW again in April, so if you decide dates, I can hopefully work its out to be there on the way back!

Gumby said:
Letting work know I will not be around for work week 18 & 19 in 2019, cause I will be in Arkansas.

And the long distance award goes tooooooo?  :beerchug:

Cookie said:
Cliff,

Damn Jim, I really hate to hear this. Certainly hope things turn around for you.  :) Best of luck.

SteveJ. said:
Rico said:
LOL, read the whole thing and never payed attention to the title!  :))

I wuz gonna say something smartassy...

Me to!  :nananana:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:

Hey Alan, put down your popcorn & start making plans to be here!  :rotflmao:

Thanks Cliff. Things are fine now, but it's wait and see. The Lab work and CT scan four weeks ago showed significant growth in the last six months. Not a good trend. My best hope is for things to stabilize, but as the doctor said, this is the natural progression of the disease. Not what I wanted to hear. I knew this stuff would be back, but I hoping it wouldn't be this soon. At least I had a great summer and got to ride with some good friends.

I'll know more in mid Feb. Even if I have to start chemo again, I might be able to make it to HMR #6. It will depend on the timing of the treatments. This stuff is treatable, but it does zap a person pretty badly. I do think some spirited riding in Arkansas and fellowship with my COG friends could be the best, and lowest cost treatment I could have.

I plan on being at HMR #6. It's a damn good goal to have. I will win this round of the fight.

Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:

And the long distance award goes tooooooo?  :beerchug:

Cookie said:
Cliff,

Damn Jim, I really hate to hear this. Certainly hope things turn around for you.  :) Best of luck.

SteveJ. said:
Rico said:
LOL, read the whole thing and never payed attention to the title!  :))

I wuz gonna say something smartassy...

Me to!  :nananana:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:

Hey Alan, put down your popcorn & start making plans to be here!  :rotflmao:

I just want to spend quality time with Mollie  :1rij:

Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:
connie_rider said:
If I counted right, that's 18 that are already planning to come...

Ride safe, Ted

What happens at 20 Ted? you'll be out of toe's!  :nananana:  :rotflmao:

Well technically Ted could count to 21.

With his hands and feet in his pockets!!!!!!!! :D :rotflmao: :85: . . . . . might take a lot of feeling around!!!!! :)) MAYBE

Let's stay on topic people! .... good people, good roads, good BBQ(bringing Traeger), good beer(bring your own if you don't like Ted's), big fires, and excellent hosts.

Who else is going to join us?

Tom,
You are absolutely right, the HMR rally is very good one. Cliff and Jimmie really work hard to put this thing on, but you are going to be surprised how the rest of their family also help to make this thing happen. No doubt a team effort.

But there is another great rally later that same month,  the Bun Cooler, I really want to make it out there this year.  Just thought I would throw that "plug" out there for you.

Kim brought some good Yankee BBQ to the ride last weekend. I just got a taste, but hoping he'll bring some more?
Tom, I had to look up Traeger. In Texas we just call them BBQ Pits or Smokers.
You sed; good beer (bring your own if you don't like Ted's)..
                I liked that part, bekuz I prefer to keep most of mine for me.. <evil grin>
                        But I'll share with ya'll COGgers.

I agree, Cliff and family work together to put on a great gatherin'...
As they agreed to do it again, we need to help all we can...
I've been experimenting with Smoking some hams lately using mesquite.
    I can smoke a couple of them to contribute to the breakfasts?

Getting back to; Who else is going to join us?
I'd like to see 50 names on this discussion before the Rally.
    Contact your COG Buddies and have them post..

Ride safe, Ted

I know why ya sed that.
  Ya'll are all envious of my "Extremely" good looks, "Superior" riding skills, and "Pleasing" personality.
  ie; "ESP"

:p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p

:p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p                                :p

Errr, {getting back on topic}
          Who else is gonna be at the Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6 with us?

Ride safe, Ted

Very nice  Ted. :clap: :clap:

Gumby said:
Let's stay on topic people! ....
ZG/ZN Kim said:
But there is another great rally later that same month,  the Bun Cooler, I really want to make it out there this year.  Just thought I would throw that "plug" out there for you.

Off track again, but that's okay. I had hoped to make the Bun Cooler last year. My Alaska trip interfered though. If all works out, maybe I could meet you up north somewhere ride over together Kim.  :motonoises:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
                                                                                              Very nice  Ted. :clap: :clap:

So, you coming Alan?

Only if I can be sure NOT to be caught in a TORNADO.    I was once less than 5 miles away from where a tornado touched down while on my bike and it was really scary.          Scariest part was I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS HAPPENING. Ya, there was a lot of heavy rain and wind but I couldn't see any funnel cloud beyond the trees and forest.      I could have driven right into the dam thing.    Going to have to wait and watch  the weather.      ;)

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
  Only if I can be sure NOT to be caught in a TORNADO.    I was once less than 5 miles away from where a tornado touched down while on my bike and it was really scary.          Scariest part was I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS HAPPENING. Ya, there was a lot of heavy rain and wind but I couldn't see any funnel cloud beyond the trees and forest.      I could have driven right into the dam thing.    Going to have to wait and watch  the weather.      ;)

I don't know Alan  if I remember correctly Alan  You had just a spectacular motorcycle trailing device attached to a Pius or something of the sorts :)  Weather smeather :nananana:

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:

I don't know Alan  if I remember correctly Alan  You had just a spectacular motorcycle trailing device attached to a Pius or something of the sorts :)  Weather smeather :nananana:

What Don said! You're trailering Alan, so a little weather don't matter.

Just realized if you come Don, that will be 5 out the 6 COG regions represented.  :great:  For a small regional rally, I call that pretty damn good!  :)

Hope to see you back here Don.

We had more than our share of Tornado warnings at the previous Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous.
So, I talked to the *Boss. There's not going to be any tornado problems at the next Rally..
(The Boss) Mrs. "Just Cliff" said "she" won't allow any...  :great:
Problem solved.

Ride Safe, Ted

Just Cliff said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:

What Don said! You're trailering Alan, so a little weather don't matter.

Just realized if you come Don, that will be 5 out the 6 COG regions represented.  :great:  For a small regional rally, I call that pretty damn good!  :)

Hope to see you back here Don.

:beerchug:  I may do graceland again also

I missed your 2018 rally, which was a shame since I live so close. I have already told the wife that this is a must-do, and I will be there. We have some great riding roads in Arkansas, and even though I have ridden most of them at least once, they are too much fun not to ride again and again. A week ago I rode the Pig Trail from Eureka Springs to I-40 and highway 7 back to Harrison. Looking forward to seeing you and Jimmie again.

It'll be nice to having you back Don.

Rastus said:
I missed your 2018 rally, which was a shame since I live so close. I have already told the wife that this is a must-do, and I will be there. We have some great riding roads in Arkansas, and even though I have ridden most of them at least once, they are too much fun not to ride again and again. A week ago I rode the Pig Trail from Eureka Springs to I-40 and highway 7 back to Harrison. Looking forward to seeing you and Jimmie again.

Hopefully the 75 mile ride down is not to taxing!  :) Look forward to having you.

The way I ride, I will probably turn the 75 mile ride into a 200 or 300 mile ride. I look for the squiggly red lines on the map. Got no use for GPS.

Looking forward to HMR in a special way this year.  I've been watching for it on the calendar so i can get signed up.  No joy yet.  Any thoughts on when it will be listed?  Cliff i can't Express how much I've enjoyed the HMR in the past.  Thank you and family.  If there is anything i can do to help it would be my pleasure.

Not So Wild Turkey said:
Looking forward to HMR in a special way this year.  I've been watching for it on the calendar so i can get signed up.  No joy yet.  Any thoughts on when it will be listed?  Cliff i can't Express how much I've enjoyed the HMR in the past.  Thank you and family.  If there is anything i can do to help it would be my pleasure.

I was just trying to get it put on the calendar a couple hours ago. Turns out Craig is not our AD anymore  :??:, so as soon as find out who is I'll get it on.

Hopefully this week Robert.

That's an interesting turn.  I vote for Ted for ad.  Crap  what made me say that?  No rush cliff I'm just excited.  I think that will be my first event back.  I'm hoping that the guys from south Dakota might include it as well.  Thanks

Not So Wild Turkey said:
That's an interesting turn.  I vote for Ted for ad.  Crap  what made me say that? 

As much as I hate to say good things about Ted, he would make a good one. Just don't let him find out I said so!  :nananana:

We are without a AD it appears & I don't know who will handle this now. Maybe I'll find out soon. We'll do this regardless.  :)

MotoCommuter said:
Cliff,

Any of the SC AADs should be able to create the registration page on the SC calendar.

Thanks Kurt, I wasn't informed of this.  :??: Any SC AAD's Wanna help me get this on the calendar?

Just Cliff said:
MotoCommuter said:
Cliff,

Any of the SC AADs should be able to create the registration page on the SC calendar.

Thanks Kurt, I wasn't informed of this.  :??: Any SC AAD's Wanna help me get this on the calendar?
Well I wasnt aware of Craig leaving. Fred should be able to walk us thru getting it on the calendar.  I would be glad to help if he can tell me how to do it.

If all else fails let me know.  I think I am still in the system as an AAD and could try and remember what I am doing.  If Fred is willing he knows the system better than most and would be the best choice.

Ok Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6 (May 2nd thru 5th 2019) is posted on the calendar and registration is open. 

Jim Snyder said:
Ok Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6 (May 2nd thru 5th 2019) is posted on the calendar and registration is open.

Big thanks to Jim for getting this on the calendar. Lets make this year blowout!  :motonoises:

Thanks Jim. Ya done good.
Cliff, tell your bride I sed, thanks for doing this again.

Just registered.
  {Yea, I know.  There goes the neighborhood}.  :-\

Ride safe, Ted

I may have to do some thankin before I register if Ted is coming.  He's mean to me.

I am not! I'm a nice guy...  :D

C'mon folks, let's fill this rally up quickly..
  Did I mention: Not So Wild Turkey is buying?

Ride safe, Ted

Yes let's make this the best one ever. Plus you'll want to see me and Ted's upgrade from the gold tent (better know as Trump tower).

1st SE'er registered.  :pokestick:

Jim, thanks for getting it on the cal.

Cliff and Jimmie, thanks again for doing another HMR.

Ohfishally registered.

Onna these years I'll actually ride in but not this year. It's close to the "Johnston brothers annual fishing, drinking, and now, off road vehicle, extravaganza", held in May in northern MN.

I'm stoked, got my Pitbull restraints in the trailer today, loaded both bikes, ran down to the weigh station and I'm still under 8000lbs. :great:

And I registered...... :beerchug:

Attachments

• 3CDF5F90-6602-43AB-A467-153ED5EA1390.png
    3CDF5F90-6602-43AB-A467-153ED5EA1390.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 182
Well I'm signed up.  I'm trying to get a couple of my non COG friends to come with to protect me from Ted's rampant insults.  I'm sure 2 is the minimum it will take. Thank you Cliff for 2019, you are an awesome host.

CRocker said:
Well crap...!  It looks like I'm out on this one :(...other family obligations...

If you have a night free Brad just ride over eat & hang a bit. No need to register for that & you're close enough.

Registration is moving along nicely, only 4th day open & 12 signed up!  Shaping up to have more women here this year, looking like there maybe around 10.  :great:

Just Cliff said:
CRocker said:
Well crap...!  It looks like I'm out on this one :(...other family obligations...

If you have a night free Brad just ride over eat & hang a bit. No need to register for that & you're close enough.

Registration is moving along nicely, only 4th day open & 12 signed up!  Shaping up to have more women here this year, looking like there maybe around 10.  :great:

If demand gets pretty high maybe one should buy a couple of extra spots for resale at a profit. Scalping rally tickets, who'd a thunk it?

If demand gets pretty high maybe one should buy a couple of extra spots for resale at a profit. Scalping rally tickets, who'd a thunk it?
[/quote]
Now that's thinking outside the box. We could stand at the end of Cliffs driveway with the rally tickets in our hand and be like, "Get your rally tickets right here".

Jim Snyder said:
Now that's thinking outside the box. We could stand at the end of Cliffs driveway with the rally tickets in our hand and be like, "Get your rally tickets right here".
[/quote]

I know, right?

Every buck counts on a fixed income.  ;) :beerchug:

All right! A weekend that works! I'm in!

Now, if I can manage to not warp a brake rotor before heading down this time...

Got the days off work for this event approved today.  I'll be staying in a motel.  Does anyone here know anything about the Hilltop motel...reviews???
I've read some reviews..., some okay and others questionable.  So I thought I'd ask here because I'm sure this group is more reliable than the internet.  :D

Thanks
Dale

Rideezdale said:
Got the days off work for this event approved today.  I'll be staying in a motel.  Does anyone here know anything about the Hilltop motel...reviews???
I've read some reviews..., some okay and others questionable.  So I thought I'd ask here because I'm sure this group is more reliable than the internet.  :D

Thanks
Dale

Look forward to having you & I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.  :)

I'll try help out on hotel. It is about 10 - 12 years old & was built as a independent hotel, has always been Hilltop Inn. I have been in the lobby & the breakfast room, they look fine to me. From the outside it looks pretty average/ordinary. The area is safe you don't have to worry about your bike or anything. They do have rooms you can park in front of. No ones ever complained about it here. Ted (connierider) & Jim Snyder have stayed there, only names I can think of. PM them for a opinion.

I'm not a hotel person, but I wouldn't have any problem staying.

If you have anymore questions I'll try to answer them.

Just Cliff said:
Rideezdale said:

Thanks
Dale

Look forward to having you & I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.  :)

I'll try help out on hotel. It is about 10 - 12 years old & was built as a independent hotel, has always been Hilltop Inn. I have been in the lobby & the breakfast room, they look fine to me. From the outside it looks pretty average/ordinary. The area is safe you don't have to worry about your bike or anything. They do have rooms you can park in front of. No ones ever complained about it here. Ted (connierider) & Jim Snyder have stayed there, only names I can think of. PM them for a opinion.

I'm not a hotel person, but I wouldn't have any problem staying.

If you have anymore questions I'll try to answer them.

Thank you Cliff, this helps.  I appreciate it.

Cliff (and others) have slowly shamed us into camping so we'll be in a tent {Trump Tower}.
If I wimp out, I'll be in the hilltop too.

We've stayed in the Hilltop a couple of times. {Once because the my tent had an inch of rain water in the floor}.
It's an older motel, and not a Hilton, but clean and neat.
The people that own it are great.

Double “beverage” holder {??}

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Double “beverage” holder {??}

Ride safe, Ted

Last year I took a beer into the shower (ya know, a shower beer), the bench seat is not flat, I said something to Cliff. He said if I sent him a beverage holder, he would install it in the shower, so I did. A rather nice double beverage holder, ya know, if it’s a two shower beer or if you have a shower buddy ( I try not to judge). He said he would install it “if he held the rally again”. So, here we are.

Rideezdale said:

Thanks
Dale
Ted and I stayed at the Hilltop several years ago and it was fine. We tent camped two years ago and stayed in a motorhome last year. However this year we will have a slight different setup.

MotoCommuter said:
So, inquiring minds want to know if the double “beverage” holder has been installed?

Nope, still sitting on the bench. Thought I might let you have the honors & pick the location. It is a very nice one though!  :beerchug:

This inquiring mind wants to know who you're gonna shower with to need a double holder. Roman?  :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao:

Just Cliff said:
MotoCommuter said:
So, inquiring minds want to know if the double “beverage” holder has been installed?

Nope, still sitting on the bench. Thought I might let you have the honors & pick the location. It is a very nice one though!  :beerchug:

This inquiring mind wants to know who you're gonna shower with to need a double holder. Roman?  :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao: :nananana: :rotflmao:

I’m more of a two shower beer kind of guy.

I guess I'm not suppose to go...I have been trying for about an hour to register but it will not let me.  it keeps taking me to a page that says not signed in but I"ve signed in and out at least 4 times. It also says something about my cart is empty....ya, I'm trying to fill it...Grrr . any help is appreciated!!!!!!

Rideezdale said:
I guess I'm not suppose to go...I have been trying for about an hour to register but it will not let me.  it keeps taking me to a page that says not signed in but I"ve signed in and out at least 4 times. It also says something about my cart is empty....ya, I'm trying to fill it...Grrr . any help is appreciated!!!!!!
Okay I figured it out  :))
So I'm in :D :-\ :motonoises:

Rideezdale said:
Rideezdale said:
Okay I figured it out  :))
So I'm in :D :-\ :motonoises:

:great: Good to hear, look forward to having you!  :motonoises:

Registration is moving along nicely.

Okay, let's get this back to the top. Only 35 coveted spots left & only 9 weeks to register. Get it done!  :)

Don't forget your ever gracious host has been nominated as a OTP traveler. You guessed it, vote for ME!  :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :great: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :great: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :great: Vote Cliff OTP traveler  :great: Vote Cliff OTP traveler :great: Vote Cliff OTP traveler!

All right, I can be at HMR #6. Just got back from the oncologist and as of now, there's no need to start chemo yet. My lab test showed progression of the disease, but not to the level that requires treatment. Finally some good news. I do have the issue of the DVT and blood clots in both lungs, but no chemo! I don't have to go back for lab testing, scans and ultrasounds for three more months. All I have to do is give myself shots of blood thinners in the stomach for the next three months. I can ski, exercise and ride! Life is great!

I'll get my registration today. I don't want to have to beg for tickets at the end of Cliff's driveway. Hopefully the snow here in MN will be gone by late April. We got another nine inches yesterday and more is on the way this weekend. I'm putting lots of miles on the snowblower.

Looking for ward to seeing everyone. Cliff, I have new tires on the FJR so there will be no doubt I can get there and make it home.

I sacrificed a sunny perfect 55* Sunday to start piling wood instead of riding.  :campfire: Hopefully I can have this to a respectable size by May. Got a ways to go though.

Attachments

• 20190224_160645_resized.jpg
    20190224_160645_resized.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 168
This has been unusually quiet lately.
Join us at Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous and help celebrate Cliff winning "OtP" 2019!

Ride safe, Ted

Yes folks join us at HMR #6. This is one of the best camping events in the country. Cliff and Jimmie are gracious hosts. Great riding and great camping experience. Plus you get to hang out with me and Ted !!!