• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #6, May 2-5 2019

Jim Snyder said:
Yes folks join us at HMR #6. This is one of the best camping events in the country. Cliff and Jimmie are gracious hosts. Great riding and great camping experience.
Plus you get to hang out with me and  Ted[size=16pt] !!!
[/size]

There!
  I fix't it for ya.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Jim Snyder said:
Yes folks join us at HMR #6. This is one of the best camping events in the country. Cliff and Jimmie are gracious hosts. Great riding and great camping experience.
Plus you get to hang out with me and  Ted[size=16pt] !!!
[/size]

There!
  I fix't it for ya.

Ride safe, Ted
But that didn't make it better !!! Don't let him kid you folks, Ted has trouble functioning without me !!

I guess he's right.
  I do need lots of supervision..

Is anyone else coming??
  {Jim needs a rest}..    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ted

The Rendezvous, Spider, and RWTW are all truly awesome and I try to not miss any of them.

On TDY near Lufkin, TX heading back to FLA.

Got the Avon am26 roadriders mounted today. Seven and half weeks until I can try them out in the twisties at the HMR #6.  Hopefully the 2 feet of snow  :truce: that's on the ground here is gone soon so I can test them out.  :motonoises:

Finally registered today, looking forward to the trip. Once again thank you and the family for putting this on #6!!!!!!
I am very curious what  kind of contraption Ted and Jim will be bringing to sleep in. Ted would not tell me last fall, just gave me that "shit eating grin"( yankee  expression).
See you in a couple months, if not sooner.

Rideezdale said:
Got the Avon am26 roadriders mounted today. Seven and half weeks until I can try them out in the twisties at the HMR #6.  Hopefully the 2 feet of snow  :truce: that's on the ground here is gone soon so I can test them out.  :motonoises:

Certainly hope it does melt for ya. Not to mention the other northerners, about a 1/4 of the attendees will be from the far north.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Finally registered today, looking forward to the trip. Once again thank you and the family for putting this on #6!!!!!!

:great:

Signed up for this rally and the one the previous week! Looking forward to two weeks of great riding!!
Cliff thanks for holding this again.

just registered and paid up. ill put it on the schedule at work. since i work a regular 8-5 job now Im pretty sure ill actually be able to attend.  missed the last 2 years with the busted leg but im as good to go as im gonna get so i gotta go see cliff.

Max said:
just registered and paid up. ill put it on the schedule at work. since i work a regular 8-5 job now Im pretty sure ill actually be able to attend.  missed the last 2 years with the busted leg but im as good to go as im gonna get so i gotta go see cliff.

It'll be good to have you back Mark!  :great:

"HEY"", you didn't say It'll be good to have you back Mark Ted! when I signed up!!!
                            My feelings are hurt. {again}..
                                        :'(

Ride safe, Ted

Just 3 weeks left to register, so get it done!  :beerchug:

We've decided that Tacos will fit in the budget (we think). So Thursday night dinner will be tacos, refried beans, chips salsa. Having the stove/oven in the shop, it won't be any problem to heat shells as needed for late arrivals.

Just Cliff said:

We've decided that Tacos will fit in the budget (we think). So Thursday night dinner will be tacos, refried beans, chips salsa. Having the stove/oven in the shop, it won't be any problem to heat shells as needed for late arrivals.
Sounds perfectly wonderful or wonderfully perfect. Delicious and frugal. Gotta love it.

Just Cliff said:

Mexican the first night?? I might have to see about getting my own personal port-a-let!!

I'll prolly camp nearer (but upwind from) the port-a-let,,
                      "andddd",,
I'm gonna camp far away from your anyone elses tent!  :truce:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I'll prolly camp nearer (but upwind from) the port-a-let,,
                      "andddd",,
I'm gonna camp far away from your anyone elses tent!  :truce:

Ride safe, Ted

Good thing our tent will have a fan in it.

MotoCommuter said:
Just Cliff said:

Mexican the first night?? I might have to see about getting my own personal port-a-let!!

Just want to do better than pizza. Gotta make some small improvements every year. Ya know every year is the last year, so we want it to be the best!

We are upping to 3 porta-a-johns this year. I can have one put in your spot, but ya gotta share. Then there's all that noise to!  :rotflmao:

Cliff, did you run the electrical power out near the barn?
        {Just wondering in case we need to use a fan}..

How about you COGgers up North?
  I see your getting more heavy snow..
        Is it still looking like you will be able to come to the rally?

I really hate to say this as I know I'll be chastised, "SEVERELY".
  But, it is a possible option if ya'll are neck deep in snow.
      {ie; If the snow is too deep} ya could trailer the bikes down.

Ride safe, Ted  {Let the FLAMES BEGIN!!!}

PS: Hit 90* here today.

connie_rider said:
Cliff, did you run the electrical power out near the barn?
        {Just wondering in case we need to use a fan}..

{ie; If the snow is too deep} ya could trailer the bikes down.

Ride safe, Ted  {Let the FLAMES BEGIN!!!}

PS: Hit 90* here today.

I'll be there.  Fortunately for me,  I'm in eastern Nebraska so very little snow here.  Unlike western Nebraska where they have already closed the interstate down which makes it tough to get a paycheck.
    Looking forward to riding the twisties of Arkansas and getting a real test for the new am26 roadriders  :)) :great: :motonoises:

Ok gang its getting close, only 3 weeks to go. Come on and get registered.
Just FYI, Ted and I are bringing the Trump Tower tent again.

Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:
Letting work know I will not be around for work week 18 & 19 in 2019, cause I will be in Arkansas.

:103: :singing: :campfire:

And the long distance award goes tooooooo?  :beerchug:

Unfortunately, some things have come up that make this trip unrealistic for Jami and I. Life happens :truce:

No long distance award for me this year. :'(

Have fun everyone and ride safe. :motonoises:

Oh nooo.
We was looking forward to seeing Jami..    :nananana:

Aww, I'm just kidding.
    We woulda talked to you too.

See you another trip, Ride safe, Ted

Hi Ted.  Hope you are well.  You asked the following question;

{ie; If the snow is too deep} ya could trailer the bikes down.​

Not sure if you are referencing the group from South Dakota, but if you are;
  • Yes, an ugly winter storm just passed through the area.  Although not unexpected....still don't like it.
  • Absolutely, we do still plan to come down and hang out with you all in a few weeks.
  • 3 of us are planning to ride (trailer is ready...just in case).  1 is coming a couple days later and is planning to trailer.

Hope that helps and looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang!

Hi Soda.
I was partially referring to your group, but did a general note as I know folks are coming from all over.
Was a bit worried as the storm looks like a bad one..

Ride safe, See ya'll soon, Ted

Gumby said:
Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:
Letting work know I will not be around for work week 18 & 19 in 2019, cause I will be in Arkansas.

:103: :singing: :campfire:

And the long distance award goes tooooooo?  :beerchug:

Unfortunately, some things have come up that make this trip unrealistic for Jami and I. Life happens :truce:

No long distance award for me this year. :'(

Have fun everyone and ride safe. :motonoises:

We were looking forward to having Tom & Jami, definitely gonna miss not having them here. Higher priority things do come up & we completely understand.

Ok gang, I just looked and we are up to 40, with 20 spots still open. Lets make this the best HMR ever.
Get registered so we can see you in May. Did I mention Ted was gonna be there !!!

Wishing everyone a safe and best trip ever.  The trip to Cliffs a couple years ago was the greatest trip I ever made. Stayed in Nashville, Memphis and Tupelo on my way to Arkansas. Was on an Elvis high when I arrived and to finish it off with A great group of people.
Cheers  :beerchug:
Let the fire building begin

Ted I apologize for being so rude. I will be with a group of NC'ers who are really looking forward to seeing the Burnettes and Jim :mad: :mad: :mad:

He {my Yankee Buddy} just sed that because,, "your" buying..
              {and the Burnette's are the hosts...}

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, actually looking forward to seeing you too. Have a safe trip.
Make sure that F150 is full of gas, Jim's air bag is operational, the cycle trailer tires are properly inflated, and double check the trailer safety chains. OH, make sure Momma, packs enough sandwiches for you and Jim to make the 470 mile, 8 hour drive.
All fun aside, see you Thursday.

Ya'all know how to make us Yankees welcome.  :rotflmao: Looking forward to seeing everyone and swapping stories over a few beverages.

Since I live way further North than Kim, I hope the snow is gone in Iowa and Wisconsin. Everything is clear way up here in tropical Minni-sota. The ice is off the lakes and we can go outside for for more than 15 minutes at a time. I don't even need an ice scraper for the bike. Even the septic system is thawed at the lake home. Looking forward to our four days of summer.

Due to the weather being unfavorable in the Great White North I will be able to attend this fine event.  See you all on Thursday :)

Just a heads up. Push Mountain Rd is the cleanest I've ever seen it. A little bit of rock on the first corner off of 14 and that is all. I've hit it three times in the last couple of days.

Should arrive Tuesday. It will be good seeing everyone. And the Trump Tower.

On TDY near Mountain Home AR

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Ted, actually looking forward to seeing you too. Have a safe trip.
Make sure that F150 is full of gas, Jim's air bag is operational, the cycle trailer tires are properly inflated, and double check the trailer safety chains. OH, make sure Momma, packs enough sandwiches for you and Jim to make the 470 mile, 8 hour drive.
All fun aside, see you Thursday.

Damn Ted, Kim read you like a book!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Jeff Kerkow said:
Due to the weather being unfavorable in the Great White North I will be able to attend this fine event.  See you all on Thursday :)

Was wondering about you Jeff, glad to see you're gonna make it.

SteveJ. said:
Just a heads up. Push Mountain Rd is the cleanest I've ever seen it. A little bit of rock on the first corner off of 14 and that is all. I've hit it three times in the last couple of days.

Don't wear it out before everyone gets here Steve. Good thing ya got a tire here!  :)

SteveJ. said:

Please take a broom and sweep the first corner of 14 before we arrive.
Will be greatly appreciated!!!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
SteveJ. said:

Please take a broom and sweep the first corner off of 14 before we arrive.
Will be greatly appreciated!!!

Ride safe, Ted
I would but I had to throw out my whisk broom. I had to get a new sleeping bag and it takes up a bit more room.  :rotflmao: :beerchug:

. Good thing ya got a tire here!   
This tire is lasting longer than I thought. I'm doing my best to get it worn out.  :motonoises:

Not a problem.
  Tie your new sleeping bag behind bike, and drag it over the gravel until "it" is gone.

"it" = gravel or new sleeping bag

This will; 1) be a good test of your sleeping bag,
              2) clear the gravel
              3) allow you to practice on Hwy 14
              4) lighten bike by getting rid of worn out sleeping bag
        and 5) wear tires so Cliff can change them for you.
                        :whoo:

Glad I could help.  :great:
          Ride safe, Ted

Ted= the ultimate smart aleck.  And I bet it only took him a couple of minutes to come up with this stuff. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Steve

Wish you were gonna be with us SATXRIDER.
But we understand it when a mans daughter is getting married!!
You really need to be there!

See ya next time...

My bags are packed,,, I'm ready to go,,,, etc etc etc    :character0029:

Ride safe, Ted

Ok Cliff, whut's the weather guessers saying???

connie_rider said:
Ok Cliff, whut's the weather guessers saying???

Just watched it & the weather girl said 60% Thurs. 40% Fri & Sat. all widely scattered.  Needless to say this past weekend was made to order other than being a little windy.

Work's holding me hostage till Friday afternoon. Had to bail dangit. I was so looking forward to this. :mad:

Rasmith said:
Work's holding me hostage till Friday afternoon. Had to bail dangit. I was so looking forward to this. :mad:
We'll leave the light on for you, head on down.

On TDY at Cliff's. The ZiegenBock is going down very nicely, indeed.

Okay,  I need some encouragement.
I really don't want to cancel  :truce: this trip but looking at the weather channel it looks like a lot of rain and thunderstorms.
I am planning on leaving Nebraska early tomorrow morning.  Thoughts.
  I think I just need someone to say "just do it "  :rotflmao:

Do it. The storms are intermittent and Cliff has a great big shed where we can hang out if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Jeff Kerkow said:
Do it. The storms are intermittent and Cliff has a great big shed where we can hang out if the weather doesn't cooperate.
Thanks Jeff,  that's all I needed to hear :D.
And I have to remind myself that I'm not going there for some awesome riding,  I'm going there so I can finally meet the "famous " Ted and sidekick Jim :rotflmao:
And to personally congratulate the Otp winner, Cliff. :D

im debating whether to throw the stich on and go, or load the bike on the trailer and go, just so i dont have to ride back in crap weather will know friday morning/all depends  on my getting better, have had bronchitis since saturday,  2nd trip to the doc today 2 shots and a bag of pill bottles.  im going if I have to just crawl into the truck and go just to see everyone.

Rideezdale said:
I really don't want to cancel  :truce: this trip but looking at the weather channel it looks like a lot of rain and thunderstorms.

If you do get caught in the rain at least it's not like last year at 45 degrees. Most likely you'll be able to coordinate your rides around any showers. If I wasn't stuck dealing with a client testing new work through Friday I'd meet up with you here in KC to ride down with you. This will be the first one I'll miss and not happy about it.

Rideezdale said:

Just do it! If I bailed on every rally that had a chance of rain I wouldn't attend many.

Local forecast as of this morning is still 70% Thurs & 40% Fri, Sat widely scattered. No severe storms.

We'll miss ya Rick!

Rideezdale said:
Jeff Kerkow said:
Thanks Jeff,  that's all I needed to hear :D.
And I have to remind myself that I'm not going there for some awesome riding,  I'm going there so I can finally meet the "famous " Ted and sidekick Jim :rotflmao:
And to personally congratulate the Otp winner, Cliff. :D
The "infamous" Ted and I are on the way. Should be there about 2:30pm.
We have plenty of adult beverages for entertaining in the Trump Taj Mahal.
Please have the red carpet ready and have the band ready to play Hail to the Chiefs when we arrive. We have plenty of snake bite medicine, and a box of snakes.

The Trump Tower compound has been upgraded for 2019.

Attachments

• 412019171641.jpg
    412019171641.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 159
  • 412019171620.jpg
    412019171620.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 166
Staying in Eureka Springs tonight.
Should be there sometime afternoon tomorrow.  Let the good times roll!

Home safe and sound.
With the detour through Push Mountain on the way home,  ended up with 685 miles in 12 hours.  And a tornado watch the last 70 miles  :-\
  Thank you Cliff and the Burnette family for putting on a great rally.  Great food and friends!  And also, the infamous Ted and Jim. :rotflmao:
  I now understand,  "Join for the bike, stay for the people " :great: :)

Well everyone is gone but Steve, Ted and I. We are still here eating left over chicken and drinking leftover beer and other adult beverages. A HUGE thank you to Cliff and Jimmie for another successful HMR. This was #6 and as we all know this is the last one. So about November start messaging Cliff and beg him to do HMR #7. We will be headed home in the morning. Thank you to everyone who rode with us. We had a great time.

I'm in the barn as well. 380 miles home turned into 440 via one last run up 27 & 14 on the way north.

Thanks to Cliff, Jimmie, and everyone for making it a great "last one." Looking forward to the next last one next year :-D

Oh, and the OTP Auction jacket got a test ride today...very comfortable to wear, easy on & off, but a bit on the warm side later in the day. I might use it as more of a commuter jacket than for trips, but it will serve that purpose well.

Good night, all!

Cliff,Jimmie& Burnette family,

Thank you so very much for hosting #6. That food Saturday night was awesome.
My trip home was 11 hours, and 700 miles. Everything good til 10 hours/600 miles. Storm was approaching and Iowa State Patrol caught me trying to get ahead of it. First moving violation since 1981, but I was due. Just hoping not the start to a trend.

Once again thanks, and have a safe trip to the Old World. Hopefully catch up with you late summer/early fall.

Thanks to Cliff and all his helpers.  This was a great event.  Any of you who stayed away because you thought the weather would be bad really missed out.  I had dry riding the whole event.  Only rode in a little rain on the way in.

Attachments

• COG Expense Report.xlsx
    28 KB · Views: 141
Cliff, Jimmie and family, thanks for holding another great rally! Rode through and made it home by 11 central, 14 hours, 973 miles, not too shabby. Oh and that Avon Spirit ST is toast. Metal bands are showing through!! Ordering 3D X-M next.

Another great event by the Burnette Family. Thank you very much for your ever present hospitality.

Just a day ride home of ~650 miles. Only down moment was a reminder from a Parish Deputy to slow down... and he gave me a payment slip as a reminder. Great event nonetheless, with great peeps, good beer, great roads, and reasonably dry weather. I know there is not one next year, so I'll savor the memories and wait to see the registration pop for next year.

Thanks to Cliff and all for another good rally.  I had a successful test of my toy hauling camper van.  I loaded and unloaded by myself and had all the comforts of home except one or two.  No shower and Leslie was not with me.

Attachments

• IMG_2290.jpg
    IMG_2290.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 167
Got home Monday night after a brief stop in Hot Springs and the night spent in Eureka Springs on Sunday. Woke up to hard rain Monday morning, but it passed through by 9:30 AM. 700 or so miles and one more rain storm in Ames Iowa, I made it home by 10:00 PM. Sure was a lot colder heading North. I like that Arkansas weather much better. I might have to become on of Damn Yankees some day. Sorry Ted.

Thank you to Cliff, Jimmie and the rest of the Burnette family for welcoming us to their homestead. It was an excellent rally. If you missed it, well you missed out big time. I hope there's a HMR #7 next year. If so, I'll be back.

Also, thank you to whoever left that nice Yamaha Motorcycle hat on the seat of my FJR. What a surprise.  :great: Another one of the many examples of the "stay for the people" part of our motto. I've been around quite a few bike groups, but none are as great as the people of COG.

A thanks to the Burnette family for a great weekend..Can't wait til #7...wink, wink, nod, nod...

Jim&Amy.

Arrived my home/Houston safe and also sound today.
Rained very hard the last 75 miles or so.
Bike was soaked. But, it was nice and dry inside my truck....  :rotflmao:
{Yes, I know I'm a sinner}.

Many thanks to Cliff and his family.
Was another great Rally.

Ride safe, Ted

A big thanks for all the nice comments & to everyone that braved the gloomy forecast to attend. Those that bailed because of weather missed out. We did have rain most of the day Wed. & Thurs., but everyone got to ride all day Fri., Sat. & Sun. rain free.

OTP fund raising did amazing. Total raised between the 50/50 drawing & jacket auction was $660.00! Thanks.  :)

There was a total of 37 people, 3 regions & 11 states represented.  :great:

5 tires got mounted also got over the weekend & one set of brake pads.

Finally got caught up on rest & the shop is getting back close to normal.

Just Cliff said:
A big thanks for all the nice comments & to everyone that braved the gloomy forecast to attend. Those that bailed because of weather you missed out. We did have rain most of the day Wed. & Thurs., but everyone got to ride all day Fri., Sat. & Sun. rain free.

OTP fund raising did amazing. Total raised between the 50/50 drawing & jacket auction was $660.00! Thanks.  :)

There was a total of 37 people, 3 regions & 11 states represented.  :great:

Finally got caught up on rest & the shop is getting back close to normal.
:great:

It took me a little longer to get home because I had chores to do at my cabin, but I really enjoyed the ride, the food and the being with everyone. Thanks to Cliff and family for putting the event on and treating us like Kings and Queens.
Cliff hope you enjoy your trip and the ride.

Robert, {err} Dan, and the South Dakota guys are still in Arkansas riding.
I wonder what is the weather like now?
The Weather Guessers seem to be indicating rain...

Ride safe, Ted

Awesome time.  Absolutely awesome.  It can't be done any better than you and Jimmie do it Cliff.  This was my first ride back after last year's wreck and HMR was my pick.  It probably won't work for you not to do it next year as I'll just show up anyway.  I'm kinda like a hemorrhoid (or Ted) i may show up without warning at the most inopportune time.  Thank you for your effort and hospitality.