• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 April 23 – 26 CANCELLED

motocommuter

Pitter Patter, lets get get this on the Calander.

It is on the calendar:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=259950&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272020%2D04%2D19%27%7D

From the Reg site:

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 returns once again as a 4 day event April 23rd thru 26th, 2020.

Registration includes 6 meals, place to camp, soft drinks, morning coffee & bottled water. Shower, porta johns and ice and ice chest will also be provided and of course there will be firewood.

There will be three dinners and three breakfasts provided. Breakfast will be self-serve, stove & utensils provide. Fixings will be provided for omelets & breakfast burritos.

There will also be door prizes & a 50/50 drawing with proceeds going to OTP.

This event is located right in the center of Arkansas and is easy access to all of Arkansas’s best roads. For the dual sport rider’s the Ozark or Ouachita National forest is only 60 miles away.

Plenty of room for trucks & trailers if that’s how you travel. RV’s okay also. Anyone who would be interested in attending, but are not campers, the local hotel is seven (7) miles away. Hilltop Inn & Suites 124 North Broadview Greenbrier, AR. 72058 501-679-5100

For exact location address, please contact Cliff once you’ve registered. Cliff’s address can also be looked up in the handbook by members. Any further questions you can contact Cliff. Event cost is $45.00 for COG members & $55.00 for non-members. Registration deadline is April, 19th. Limited to 60 people.

:beerchug:

:motonoises:

Victor Salisbury said:
HSMR 2020?
I'm confused...... >:D
MotoCommuter said:
Pitter Patter, lets get get this on the Calander.

:beerchug:

:motonoises:

I'm guessing he's talking about the little event we host, Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous also know as HMR. He must think horseshoe is two words  :-[ :-[. Took me a minute to figure it out.

I was just thinking of posting about ti see if there was interest in doing #7. Kurt & my wife did pick dates last summer. I get a couple messages a week about this.

Okay, so who wants to have HMR #7?  :motonoises:

I know of a few Yankees who absolutely enjoy riding them there roads, while basking in the warm hospitality of the Burnette family.
Let's do this thing, again!

Just Cliff said:
I'm guessing he's talking about the little event we host, Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous also know as HMR. He must think horseshoe is two words  :-[ :-[. Took me a minute to figure it out.

I was just thinking of posting about ti see if there was interest in doing #7. Kurt & my wife did pick dates last summer. I get a couple messages a week about this.

Okay, so who wants to have HMR #7?  :motonoises:

Bingo.

Regarding Horseshoe or Horse Shoe see the following:

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/horse-shoe-or-horseshoe.3256517/

But yeah Cliff, put it on the calendar and they will come....

T-shirts this year???

konehead said:
...and where is this event held....I tried a cog forum search and nothing pops up....

Central Arkansas, scroll right down this page & you can see post about #3, 4 & 5.

Im in depending on the dates.
I have a fishing tourney Im signed up for May 2 getting there April 30th. Hope it doesn't conflict

I just found out that the Southwest COG group is holding their death Valley ride at the beginning of April so I should be able to make this. April is becoming a very exciting month!

With the many messages I've had plus Kurt starting this post, not to mention Kurt & my wife picking dates out like 6 months ago. I'm gonna make it official, HMR #7 will happen April 23 - 26, 2020.

Details along with posting on calendar will follow later this week. The basics are, 4 day event, 6 meals included, coffee & non alcoholic drinks, ice, ice chest, place to camp, shower, porta a john,  :campfire: with extra wood since Phil's coming. With one low fee, probably $40.00 will have to do some calculating.

Not sure if I should start another thread or leave as is? 

So who wants to come? As you know every year is the last year!  :motonoises:  :)  :beerchug:

Cliff and Jimmie, this is just awesome. This will be my 4th in a row.
Plus I am going to go out on a limb, and predict 4 days of sunshine! :-\

Cool beans! Awesome!
I requested the right days off at work. I'm glad last years HMR wasn't my first and last.  :D
Thanks Cliff and Jimmie and all that help to put this rally together.  :great: :motonoises:

Glad to see it's official.

In.

In the camper van this year, heading out west afterward.

Wifey and puppy may attend, yet to be determined.

Hope to be there, but………. Yes, I put off the inevitable until about six weeks ago. My blood work numbers reached record highs in late Nov., so I started doing cancer treatments on 12/3. I get to have this fun every 28 days, along with a new magic pill daily. My last scheduled immunotherapy infusion is on 4/20. It usually makes really makes me very tired for the first week. Not sure if I will be able to master the ride to the best camping event in COG (Jim is right!). I'll have see how I respond to the next few treatments before I make the decision. Just might need to take a chance. It might not be what the doctor ordered, but it could be the most effective type of treatment.

I sure would hate to miss the last one, though. I did put it on the calendar, in ink, just in case.

Cookie said:
Hope to be there, but………. Yes, I put off the inevitable until about six weeks ago. My blood work numbers reached record highs in late Nov., so I started doing cancer treatments on 12/3. I get to have this fun every 28 days, along with a new magic pill daily. My last scheduled immunotherapy infusion is on 4/20. It usually makes really makes me very tired for the first week. Not sure if I will be able to master the ride to the best camping event in COG (Jim is right!). I'll have see how I respond to the next few treatments before I make the decision. Just might need to take a chance. It might not be what the doctor ordered, but it could be the most effective type of treatment.

I sure would hate to miss the last one, though. I did put it on the calendar, in ink, just in case.

Jim, hate to hear that, Cancer Sucks! Take care of yourself, let us know how your doing. If you can’t ride, jump in the car and head down and hang out, it will do you good.

Kurt,
Thanks. I'm doing great so far. I have two more weeks of dosage increases of the magic pill before I'm at the full level. I feel fine and have minimal side effects. I've been skiing a few times and all is good. The other medication I'm on is the infusion. Had a problem during the first one, but got through it. It does make me very tired for the first week. That's the one scheduled for the Monday before HMR.

I like your idea about driving down. I may have to contact Ted for trailering advice. Never thought I'd say that, but things change. There's also a better chance my wife will come with if we bring the truck, with the bike, of course. She doesn't like driving the truck and has never pulled a trailer. I have time to think about other options, too.

Like I said, it's on my calendar. I had a great time last year and want to be back again. Cliff and Jimmie put on a great event. Plus it's fun hanging with everyone from the SE and SC regions. Ya'all  make us Yankees feel welcome, provided we head North after the event.

Hope to see you in April, if not sooner.

..." I may have to contact Ted for trailering advice ".......now that's funny  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I hope all goes well with your treatments Jim. Hope to see you at HMR.

P.S. Don't forget your yoga pants  :rotflmao:

MotoCommuter said:
Cookie said:

Jim, hate to hear that, Cancer Sucks! Take care of yourself, let us know how your doing. If you can’t ride, jump in the car and head down and hang out, it will do you good.

Keep fighting it Jim, as Kurt said Cancer sucks big time!

If you can't or just don't feel like do hop in the car & come on down as Kurt also said. Bring Delaine it'll do your soul good.  You can always take one of my bikes out if you need to go for a spin.

Rideezdale said:
..." I may have to contact Ted for trailering advice ".......now that's funny  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well he is the resident expert, you may get more advice than you want!  :)

SteveJ. said:
Jim Snyder said:
Ok this event is on the calender and registration is open.

I'm not seeing it on the event list.  :'(

I had to go to the south central calendar and then go to April.
I had the same problem finding it on the 2020 event calendar originally.

Rideezdale said:
SteveJ. said:
Jim Snyder said:

I'm not seeing it on the event list.  :'(

I had to go to the south central calendar and then go to April.
I had the same problem finding it on the 2020 event calendar originally.

That worked.

In and registered. Yee haw.

Jim Snyder said:

Jim, can you add [AR] to the title ? That will add it to the overall calendar listing on the main page. Also, I can't figure out how to add my wife who is a COG member in the same registration, I think there is a setting to use in order to do that.

Ok I think its fixed. It shows up on the events calendar and displays the registrants. Thank you for the assistance. 

It appears to be working, I am now signed up!  I have been wanting to make this rally for a while, thanks to Cliff and his family for hosting another year. 

MizzouMike said:
It appears to be working, I am now signed up! 

Look forward to having you Mike, you have talked about it several years. Now just don't set your expectations to high!  :??:

Lets see some more newcomers.  :motonoises:

I missed the HMR last year, but definitely coming this year.  Great People, Great roads and a huge bonfire.  Who can turn that down.

Steve

My expectation is that I am NOT going to have work get in the way again this year..... .so the bar is low there  :))

and, I am bringing a newcomer!

Just Cliff said:
MizzouMike said:

Look forward to having you Mike, you have talked about it several years. Now just don't set your expectations to high!  :??:

Cookie said:
Kurt,
Thanks. I'm doing great so far. I have two more weeks of dosage increases of the magic pill before I'm at the full level. I feel fine and have minimal side effects. I've been skiing a few times and all is good. The other medication I'm on is the infusion. Had a problem during the first one, but got through it. It does make me very tired for the first week. That's the one scheduled for the Monday before HMR.

I like your idea about driving down. I may have to contact Ted for trailering advice. Never thought I'd say that, but things change. There's also a better chance my wife will come with if we bring the truck, with the bike, of course. She doesn't like driving the truck and has never pulled a trailer. I have time to think about other options, too.

Like I said, it's on my calendar. I had a great time last year and want to be back again. Cliff and Jimmie put on a great event. Plus it's fun hanging with everyone from the SE and SC regions. Ya'all  make us Yankees feel welcome, provided we head North after the event.

Hope to see you in April, if not sooner.

Trailering advise; Do it!!
Hope to see you there "Jim/Cookie"...

PS: On the Yankee thing.
          We'll talk to anyone.. {if they bring beer}  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Registered!!

Rideezdale said:
It'll be my first time camping :great: at the event does that count as a first timer? :D

1st time campers are good to. I furnished Steve camping gear his 1st time because he'd never camped. He showed up the next year with his own gear & camped like a pro!  :great:

MizzouMike said:
My expectation is that I am NOT going to have work get in the way again this year..... .so the bar is low there  :))

and, I am bringing a newcomer!

Just Cliff said:
MizzouMike said:

Nice job Mike, HMR newcomer or COG newcomer?  :beerchug:

Should someone want to try camping I can set you up with gear.

Mechelle is coming with me this year, still trying to convince her to camp and not go to a motel.

Both, new to HMR and to COG.  A old friend who upgraded his ST-1100 to a C-14, and I convinced him to come along!

Nice job Mike, HMR newcomer or COG newcomer?  :beerchug:

Should someone want to try camping I can set you up with gear.

trucker said:
Mechelle is coming with me this year, still trying to convince her to camp and not go to a motel.
Hey trucker,
Enclosed trailers, motorhomes, and camping trailer are still technically camping. Just sayin.

Jim Snyder said:
trucker said:
Hey trucker,
Enclosed trailers, motorhomes, and camping trailer are still technically camping. Just sayin.

And you'll see them all at the HMR7 campground.

SteveJ. said:
Jim Snyder said:
trucker said:
Hey trucker,

And you'll see them all at the HMR7 campground.

Some of that varied camping style.

Attachments

• DSCN1253.JPG
    DSCN1253.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1556.JPG
    DSCN1556.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 158
  • HMR #5 140.JPG
    HMR #5 140.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 165
  • HMR #6 006.JPG
    HMR #6 006.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 155
Cliff and Jimmie.....thanks for once again providing your generosity and hospitality to put this together. 

For those who have not attended this: if you can.....you should.  It is a ton of fun, the riding is incredible, and the people are super!

Hoping to join again this year but the weather is the main constraint for those of us from 'up-nort'.  A nice early spring would be very welcome....

I'm registered and ready to go. Looking forward to this. Never been bike camping before. Cheers to trying new things.  :beerchug:

Nottacop said:
I'm registered and ready to go. Looking forward to this. Never been bike camping before. Cheers to trying new things.  :beerchug:

Oooh! A virgin.

The best way to set up camp is to have several adult beverages and wait until dark to set up. Always happy to lend advice.  ;) :rotflmao: :beerchug:

prost

I’ll bring the blindfold. Lol! I’m not concerned about camping I’m concerned about over packing. Last time I went camping the truck was full. This will be interesting. 😎

Nottacop said:
I’ll bring the blindfold. Lol! I’m not concerned about camping I’m concerned about over packing. Last time I went camping the truck was full. This will be interesting. 😎

Yeah, you might have to thin that down a bit.  ;) :beerchug:

Salute!

Nottacop said:

No reason for over packing, everything you'll need will be here. Tent, bag, air mattress & a few clothes is all that's needed for this event.  :beerchug:

Just six weeks away, time to start getting registered. There are quite a few that are having trouble getting registered. Don't know what it is with this site, but I always  have a problem when registering for events also.

There is a new RV park in town just 6 miles away that will be open soon. In case anyone in a RV that wants/needs full hook ups. I can get info if needed.

Just Cliff said:
Just six weeks away, time to start getting registered. There are quite a few that are having trouble getting registered. Don't know what it is with this site, but I always  have a problem when registering for events also.

There is a new RV park in town just 6 miles away that will be open soon. In case anyone in a RV that wants/needs full hook ups. I can get info if needed.

Good to know if someone needs the hookups. My solar gets me by just fine, if I choose to bring the Roadtrek, which is looking more likely.

I'm signed up. Looking forward to this event. Hope it's still a go.

Just heard from Al N. He's making it as well.

Okay, as everyone knows there is a lot going on in the world right now. As of right now there are no plans to cancel this event. However I would like everyone to hold up on registering til after the 1st of April. We can see how things are going at this time, who knows what will be going on then.

No need to cause Nancy any more headaches with refunds when registering is not urgent.

Thanks!  :)

I will be riding in north central Arkansas either way. It's too late to cancel my vacation days. Hopefully this mess will be winding down by then.

Texas stopped all gatherings of more than 10 people yesterday. I suspect Ark./other states will follow.
We'll just have to ride it out and see what happens.
  If Jim's going riding in Ark, I may be there with him..

NOTE: If there is a cancellation, I'd prefer that my Registration $$ be sent to Cliff to cover his {already} out of pocket expenses.
            Putting on an event ain't cheap and lots of up front $$ are used...

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Texas stopped all gatherings of more than 10 people yesterday. I suspect Ark./other states will follow.
We'll just have to ride it out and see what happens.
  If Jim's going riding in Ark, I may be there with him..

NOTE: If there is a cancellation, I'd prefer that my Registration $$ be sent to Cliff to cover his {already} out of pocket expenses.
            Putting on an event ain't cheap and lots of up front $$ are used...

Ride safe, Ted

Should we have to cancel, all refunds will go to respective owners. You're alright though Ted, no matter what others say about you.  :beerchug:

At the rate things are going, we may not even be able to buy the amount of food it takes for 6 meals & 40 + people.

Just Cliff said:
[You're alright though Ted, no matter what others say about you.  :beerchug:

Shh, don't tell anyone.  :67:
  It took me years to develop this slimy reputation.

PS: Same to you Buddy.
        See ya when we can get there..

Ride safe, Ted

The good news:  With all KS K-12 schools closed for the school year and all activities canceled, my weekend has freed up.

The bad news:  Everything else that's going on  ;)

Hope to see you all down there.  We'll wait & see, like everyone else...

Gumby said:
I put registration on hold for the time being.  :(

Thanks Tom!  :)

My wife is not to happy about the possibility of having to cancel this event. She did suggest that if we do have to cancel, maybe have a fall ride here. After all there is always a Arkansas fall ride & there are no plans as of yet. It's normally a hotel thing & located somewhere else, but?

Something to think about!  :)

Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:

My wife is not to happy about the possibility of having to cancel this event. She did suggest that if we do have to cancel, maybe have a fall ride here. After all there is always a Arkansas fall ride & there are no plans as of yet. It's normally a hotel thing & located somewhere else, but?

Maybe after the Spyder?

RWTW, Spyder, HMR and then BVF?

MotoCommuter said:
Just Cliff said:
Gumby said:

Maybe after the Spyder?

RWTW, Spyder, HMR and then BVF?

4 in a row would be nice Kurt, but with only 2 -3 days between each event I wouldn't have preparation time. I would guess a couple weeks after BVF.

Hopefully everything just stays on track, but it's not looking to good.  :'(

BVF?

I was planning a 5-6 week "mini" trip out west in the fall. The new date could work well. I would definitely be in the Roadtrek if after the BVF(whatever that is, sorry).

WIth everything thhat has been happening I want this ride to happen. I think alot of us could really use the break from all the negtive crap. I have my fingers crossed.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

MotoCommuter said:
Well, the President just extended the social distancing to April 30th. I’m sure all the states will follow.

I just read this also, things are just looking pretty slim at this point.

Chris said:
WIth everything thhat has been happening I want this ride to happen. I think alot of us could really use the break from all the negtive crap. I have my fingers crossed.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

We really want this to happen also, but it's just not looking good. Schools are most likely for the year, most everything is closed, except grocery stores & some big box stores. Can't have gatherings of more than 10 people. Probably wouldn't be caught here, but it would really suck to buy all this food have people set up camp & then a deputy shows up to send everyone own there way.

This has really been a struggle for me, it's a much harder decision than one would think.  :mad:

Worst case we'll do something in the fall!  :)

We will make a final decision in the next 10 days or so, don't hold your breath though.  :-\

Gumby said:
Just Cliff said:
This has really been a struggle for me, it's a much harder decision than one would think.  :mad:
I know exactly how you feel my friend. :truce:

I would not want to be in your shoes Tom, you're in a much tougher spot than I.

Well I've really been hoping to wake up one day & this all be gone. That's just not gonna happen. There's no use in holding out hope any longer. We have made the decision to cancel this event.

Not a easy decision, but had to be done in light of all that's going on.

I think this is best for my family & everyone else.

Stay safe,

Sad to hear but totally understandable.

fyi; I've checked with Jim;
      If (the Virus is done} and you are able to move the HMR to the fall, we'll work with you and combine it with the Final Fall Fling Ride.
          I think that would make it the HMR/FFF-Ride #3/7. <grin>  :)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Sad to hear but totally understandable.

fyi; I've checked with Jim;
      If (the Virus is done} and you are able to move the HMR to the fall, we'll work with you and combine it with the Final Fall Fling Ride.

Ride safe, Ted

:great:

Does that mean that Cliff will have to build a motel at his place?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beerchug:

Ride focused.

No, he won't need to build a Motel.
  But, I suggest bringing foam padding to place under the sleeping bag. {as ya'll may be setting up the tents in his "Heated" (cement floored) shop}  :rotflmao:
      {I'll be sleeping in a heated/insulated trailer on a padded cot}..  :nananana:

But, I think we need to hear from Cliff before we go that far...  :-\

Ride safe, ted

Tough call for sure, and I fully support and respect your decision.  I hope to see you all in the fall.

connie_rider said:
connie_rider said:
But, I think we need to hear from Cliff before we go that far...  :-\
Ride safe, ted
Ride safe, Ted

Okay Ted, Jim & everyone else. I have spoke with Fred, he will not being doing a fall ride so there will be no conflict there. We can do something in the fall, October 23 - 25 are probably best for me as September is busy riding already. Then BVF the is week of October 7 - 9th. I could maybe squeeze in October 2 - 4th.

Fall ride is Ted & Jims thing so they may want to hold it as normal, that will be up to them. If so that's fine also, I just offered to hold a ride here as a makeup event. So a FFF/HMR combo event if that's what they want, their call.

Does this work for Ted/Jim & the masses?  :)

Works for me! I would like to come out and visit that area again and October would be a good time to go for me!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

I have a Model T Ford Rally {The Texas "T" Party} on Sept 30 - Oct 3rd.
We haven't missed it in 20 Years, so it's a hafta go..
After that, any time is good with me.

I like; October 23 - 25...

Jim posted earlier that he just rescheduled his vacation to sometimes in October.
Not sure which date he set up..

I talked to him recently about combining the 2 events, and he's ok with that plan.

Yoo hoo,,,,, Jim are you out there??  :19:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Should prolly the HMR /FFF as I feel the HMR deserves Top Billing.
          After all, we are gonna be staying at your house.

Yes I moved my vacation to Oct 23, 24, 25. So yes those dates will work great for me. And we can make this a combined event.
It can be the Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous 7 / Final Fall Fling 3 rally.

Acronym's Considered;    :) ;)
    (Yes, I'm bored...)  :-[

The "Mountain Rendezvous 7 / Final Fall Fling 3" Rally

mebbe; the MR  triple F Rally  (??)

mebbe; the Arkansas 73 Rally (??)

or mebbe;  The Mountain Rendezvous Final Fall Fling  Rally

The M-R-F-F-F Rally

{Sounds like MRFFF Rally}

Comes out;  the "Murph Rally" (??)

:sign0137:         

Ride safe, Ted