• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Cliff

Do to the current conditions & restrictions being added daily we have have decided it best to cancel this event. It was not a easy decision, but one that had to be made nonetheless.

Nancy will be contacted & she'll be mailing out refunds to all that have registered.

We are looking at doing something in October so keep an eye on the calendar.

Thanks for all the support & stay safe!  :)

Only decision you could've made Cliff.
Thanks for all the efforts you and your family has already put into this year's event

It was the right decision.  When you mentioned that if one of your neighbors reported the gathering to the Sheriff,  he could come and make us leave, that really hit home.  I could easily see that happening, which would leave you holding the bag.

So will just have to wait it out til next year.

Steve

SATXRIDER said:
It was the right decision.  When you mentioned that if one of your neighbors reported the gathering to the Sheriff,  he could come and make us leave, that really hit home.  I could easily see that happening, which would leave you holding the bag.

So will just have to wait it out til next year October.

Steve

Fixted for ya.  :beerchug:

Okay, I was going to post this in the "has the coronavirus effected you personally?" thread but many there are dealing with more serious issues than I have. I feel for all those that are suffering in some way or another from this pandemic. I have been fortunate that the coronavirus has little effect on me and my family.

With that said,  I'm feeling bummed because if the country wouldn't have been basically shut down,  I would be leaving in the morning for the HMR#7. I  bummed because I was looking forward to riding my new to me c14 on the Arkansas twisties for the first time since purchasing in October. I'll miss riding with friends that I met at last year's rally. And last but not least I'll miss the good food and hospitality that the Burnette family provides at this rally.
Yes there will be many other rallies in the future but I was looking forward to this one for awhile.
  I'll now begin looking forward to RWTW and the Spider in September.  :motonoises:

Be safe, stay healthy,  ride focused,
Dale

Rideezdale said:
Okay, I was going to post this in the "has the coronavirus effected you personally?" thread but many there are dealing with more serious issues than I have. I feel for all those that are suffering in some way or another from this pandemic. I have been fortunate that the coronavirus has little effect on me and my family.

With that said,  I'm feeling bummed because if the country wouldn't have been basically shut down,  I would be leaving in the morning for the HMR#7. I  bummed because I was looking forward to riding my new to me c14 on the Arkansas twisties for the first time since purchasing in October. I'll miss riding with friends that I met at last year's rally. And last but not least I'll miss the good food and hospitality that the Burnette family provides at this rally.
Yes there will be many other rallies in the future but I was looking forward to this one for awhile.
  I'll now begin looking forward to RWTW and the Spider in September.  :motonoises:

Be safe, stay healthy,  ride focused,
Dale

It was good to have you here Dale & like you we're all a bit bummed having to cancel.  :'( As I've said before, I believe my wife & kids enjoy it more than anyone.  To make it even worse, it appears the weather is going to be ideal.  :??:

Watch the forum for the fall dates!  :motonoises:

See you at the Wolf & the Spider.  :beerchug:

Cliff

Looks like there were some pretty good sized storms that moved thru Greenbrier last night.  If we had been there camped out, would it have caused any issues?

Seems like there are a round of storms just about every year.

Steve

SATXRIDER said:
Cliff

Looks like there were some pretty good sized storms that moved thru Greenbrier last night.  If we had been there camped out, would it have caused any issues?

Steve

I would not be a HMR with out some rain or a storm, just sayin......

You'all know when the storms come we can all seek shelter in Ted's trailer.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

SATXRIDER said:
Cliff

Steve

We had some pretty heavy rain & strong winds around 11 Friday night. Lasted about 30 - 45 minutes, wouldn't have caused a problem for a decent well staked tent.

:??: :??:  This thread needs to die & move on down the page, there is a current thread for HMR/FFF.    :??: :??: :??:

:-[ PLEASE DO ANY POSTING ON THE CURRENT THREAD & NOT HERE!. THIS IS THE CANCELLATION ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD.  :-[

Status
Not open for further replies.