• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 / Final Fall Fling dates

jim snyder

Ok gang, the rescheduled Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 and the Final Fall Fling #3 are being combined this year. The dates will be October 22 thru 25th in Greenbrier Arkansas at Cliff Burnettes place. This will be a combination camping and motel event. The Hilltop motel in Greenbrier will be the hotel location. We will have more info coming soon but wanted to get the dates out there so folks can plan vacation if needed. We will get it posted on the SC calender in the next month or so as soon as this virus mess is behind us for good. Looking forward to seeing everyone in north central Arkansas in October. Stay tuned for more info.

I'll be there.
At the last Final Fall Fling, Jimmie made us some good Chili to ward off the cold.

If I bring a bunch of Deer meat, maybe we could get her to make deer chili.
  The heat will warm yer tents, and the gas will keep the skeeters away..

Anyone interested?
    If yes, I'll beg Jimmie...

Ride safe, Ted

I plan on coming! With a few of my riding buddies from the great Southwest! Should be a great double rally with a lot of fun people!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Rusty said:
I plan on coming! With a few of my riding buddies from the great Southwest! Should be a great double rally with a lot of fun people!

What's the other rally you speak of Rusty

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Rusty said:

What's the other rally you speak of Rusty

Guess I mis-spoke I meant the combination of two rallies into one big one Don.  ;)

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Perfect Cliff  Loosing the job Sept 30th  Planning  a month trip in October  :great: :beerchug:

Will be nice to have you back Don.  :beerchug:

connie_rider said:
At the last Final Fall Fling, Jimmie made us some good Chili to ward off the cold.

If I bring a bunch of Deer meat, maybe we could get her to make deer chili.

Anyone interested?
    If yes, I'll beg Jimmie...

Ride safe, Ted

No need to beg Ted, she mentioned making chili as soon as we decided for a fall event. Deer chili is our normal, but we were low on meat so ground beef was used for y'all instead.

Rusty said:

Look forward to having you Rusty & some of your s/w buds. Never had any s/w guys that I know of. This would have 5 regions represented, very good for a small regional rally.  :great:

Like Jim said, this is just a combo of the FFF & HMR. Basically just having the FFF here since the HMR was cancelled  & they've come down the last 2 years to eat anyway.
The FFF is more of of a social gathering at a hotel, while HMR is a camping event with all the fixings. There are 2 other co-host (Ted & Jim) that will be in on the decision making. However I'm sure we'll provide all the fixings in the registration fee just like HMR. 6 meals, a place to camp, non alcoholic drinks, shower, ice/ice chest, firewood & morning coffee.

The weather should be perfect that time of year, 45 - 50* lows & 65 -70* highs.

See y'all here!  :motonoises:

I'm very well trained to beg..
    {I've been married for 48 years}.  :rotflmao:

I'll have deer meat and sausage if needed...

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I'm very well trained to beg..
    {I've been married for 48 years}.  :rotflmao:

I'll have deer meat and sausage if needed...

Ride safe, Ted

Please put a post it note on anything Deer

I'm a go on this awesome event.

Most likely coming through with the Roadtrek and will hit the rally on my way out west.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
When is it going to be on the calendar ?

Hard to say Don, probably not until at least August I would guess. Gonna have to make sure we're not back where we were a month ago with this virus. Also gotta see where meat prices end up since they're steadily climbing. If we set a registration fee now & they double or triple we'd be taking donations at the door.  :??:

The dates posted will not change, so plan around those dates.  :motonoises:

October 22- 25th

Haven't been to HMR since 2018, but I'm good for this one. Gonna appreciate the cooler weather. Right now, it's hotter than the hinges of you-know-where.

HMR is still a go, just been holding off to make sure no problems pop up. I plan to get it on the calendar & registration up the 1st week of September.

We will be looking for volunteers to help with serving this year to eliminate some handling of the food. For the most part everything will be the same, 6 meals, a place to camp, shower & porta johns all included.

See y'all here!  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
HMR is still a go, just been holding off to make sure no problems pop up. I plan to get it on the calendar & registration up the 1st week of September.

We will be looking for volunteers to help with serving this year to eliminate some handling of the food. For the most part everything will be the same, 6 meals, a place to camp, shower & porta johns all included.

I'm in, attending and volunteering. Likely arriving Wed, still to be determined.

Just Cliff said:

Kay & I will be happy to volunteer. Let us know if you need us to come early and help prepare.

Thanks for all the offers to help! We will probably have a breakfast cook & server instead of the normal serve yourself. Just the way of the world now, have to cut out as much handling & touching as possible.

Grasshopper said:
I'm up for volunteering, plan on being there Wednesday.

Hope I have a enough firewood for a extra night with Phil!  :nananana:

Just Cliff said:
Thanks for all the offers to help! We will probably have a breakfast cook & server instead of the normal serve yourself. Just the way of the world now, have to cut out as much handling & touching as possible.

Grasshopper said:
I'm up for volunteering, plan on being there Wednesday.

Hope I have a enough firewood for a extra night with Phil!  :nananana:

As long as the cook can do fried egg sandwich's, he'll be golden.
Willing to help in any way I can. But {as others know} cooking is not one of my specialties..
But, I can do fried egg or Hamburger patties.

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, it's NOW on the events calendar.
"I" already registered. 🤗 {I think I was "first",, (again)}

Gonna be a BLAST!!
Who else is going? 😵
1599590721374.png

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Robert's buying.. 🍻

Last edited:
As Ted said, registration is now open. Because of Covid there will be a few small changes, attendance is scaled back to 40. Partly so everyone can feel comfortable with their space, but mostly because all meals will be cooked & served so this will save work on us not to mention the volunteer help.

The weather should be great this time year.

See y'all here!

Tried to register Kay and I and there is not an option to add your associate member. You can add a guest at the non member rate but not your AM. I contacted the WA gurus but no dice, said to do 2 separate registrations.

Tried to register Kay and I and there is not an option to add your associate member. You can add a guest at the non member rate but not your AM. I contacted the WA gurus but no dice, said to do 2 separate registrations.
That is what I had to do with Joane small price to pay for the other upgrades I have seen so far.

These are the nine I am seeing now. They are not in the order they registered

Joane Kerkow

Jeff Kerkow

Ronnie Agostini

Thomas Hinkler

Jim Cook

Tom Boyle

Jim Snyder

Bob Forsyth

Ted Adcock

That's a surprise.
I thought that was one of the issue's that the new system was supposed to fix.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Well it seems that I won't be able to make. Sorry Cliff. I'll be in Niger helping to take care of my two granddaughters. I'm sorry I'm going to miss this event. I was really looking forward to it.

Irene

EDITED: Lisa & I are registered. @SteveJ, you win.

More bus updates, including doubling the solar batteries and rewiring (again) for the trailer, are in progress. Also working on a non-air mattress sleeping option for this late in the fall. Oh, and installing a tip/donation jar for tours. ;)

The rig will darken @Cliff's meadow Thursday late afternoon/early evening...you've been warned.

Last edited:
Met wife Pat and I are registered.
Cliff, we are happy to volunteer in anyway needed.
We planned to arrive Wednesday Evening and stay at the hotel one night. But we can come earlier. We're retired and no longer care givers.

PS. Kevin, Mechelle and Mitch...... Hopefully I'll have my hearing aids by then / you won't get a headache trying to talk to me :giggle:

EDITED: Lisa & I are registered. @SteveJ, you win.

More bus updates, including doubling the solar batteries and rewiring (again) for the trailer, are in progress. Also working on a non-air mattress sleeping option for this late in the fall. Oh, and installing a tip/donation jar for tours. ;)

The rig will darken @Cliff's meadow Thursday late afternoon/early evening...you've been warned.
Glad to be of service. Yeehaw.

There's been lots of activity here since I've been gone riding this past week, 28 registered. I'll go through & get all the questions answered.

Glad to see everyone wants to come in my pasture again & ride these marginal Arkansas roads. :oops:

The only marginal Arkansas road that I rode, was {drumroll} "your driveway".
The rest were great.

IronButtAl said:
Looking forward to seeing all you knuckleheads again😘

Ideer 🙉;
If {Ironbutt} Al comes, can we make "him" do a "non"-rain dance?
{It might not work, but would be funny as heck}.
Tell him (after he dances),, he can lead us on the rides...

Ride safe, Ted

Attachments

• 20150721_203141.jpg
    20150721_203141.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 20150721_203211.jpg
    20150721_203211.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I am throwing all caution into the wind on this one. I registered today, not knowing how the weather will be here in 3-4 weeks. But I have ridden out on snow before. I think this event will fill up. Worst case, if I cannot make it, I will "scalp" my spot to some "Texan a little slow on the draw".
The last time I was at the Final Fling, 2-3 years ago. Froze my azz off. The only time I have worn my electric heated jacket.
Once again, thank you Burnette family.

Last edited:
COGnosticator; It's going to be good to see you again..
NOTE: {You owe me money}..
But that's not unusual, you owe everyone money.

Ride safe, Ted

I just looked, 39 registered, only one opening left.

Testimony to a well executed event and good folks. Thanks Cliff, Jimmy, and family and helpers for making this an awesome event, year after year.

Okay Thursday night dinner will be chilli, served with crackers & shredded cheese. Jimmie will start making batches of it this weekend & freezing.

We'll work out the volunteer situation once you arrive. Biggest thing will be Friday, Saturday morning breakfast cooks. Sunday is grab & go since so many leave out early.

There will be quite a few here on Wed., so we can order in pizza or you're on your own.

Looks as if this event has filled all 40 spots available in just 20 days. Hated to cut attendance back, but seemed in the best interest of all due the virus.

See y'all here!

Last edited:
My house is in Mountain Home, just 10 miles from Push Mountain road, and my home and workshop will be open to anyone who wants to stop by during the rally or needs assistance. I'm going to try to attend the rally on Friday night, but will have to return home on Saturday.

Well shucks! Looks like I missed it. After a long delay due to hardware problems on my 'puter I tried to register for the event but was advised it was full. Well maybe next time unless I can sneak in without Cliff or Ted catching me. And I just got a brand new bike yesterday. Rats!!!
Y'all have fun.
Lovelle
COG 4446

Well shucks! Looks like I missed it. After a long delay due to hardware problems on my 'puter I tried to register for the event but was advised it was full.
Lovelle
COG 4446

We hated to cut back on attendance but felt it was the best thing to do under the current circumstances. We want everybody to feel safe.

There is a waiting list for this event, so if you're registered & can't come let us know. That will allow someone else a opportunity, fee can be worked out between you.

There will be extra a hand washing station along with plenty of sanitizer & more tables so everyone can spread out to their liking.

Don't forget your face covering, you'll need while going through the food line!

Thinking about what we're bringing to the rally this year.
Jim and I plan to use his Motorcycle Trailer for camping and will not be using "Trump Tower".
So, the legendary "Trump Tower" is available if anyone wants a bigger tent to sleep in?
Let me know if you want to use it, and I'll add it to my pack up.

Ride safe, Ted

Jim, send me some pics of ur trailer during cliffs rally. U have my email. Id like to see what mods u made and how ur laid out for sleeping etc. Ted is gonna be so.upset im.not coming, but if the cognosticator is still.going, im sending beer money along....cuz i owe ted....and wont see him til next years national...

Jim, send me some pics of ur trailer during cliffs rally. U have my email. Id like to see what mods u made and how ur laid out for sleeping etc. Ted is gonna be so.upset im.not coming, but if the cognosticator is still.going, im sending beer money along....cuz i owe ted....and wont see him til next years national...
Ok will do.

We are thinking about hosting a lunch stop at my house on either Friday or Saturday, but I'll need a head count to make sure we have enough food. My house is located about 10 miles from Push Mountain Rd, so you could come up and ride Push Mountain and then head over to Mountain Home for lunch. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this.

Fred, {Jim and} I would be interested as we ride together.
Generally we ride with a group of about 5.
Would need to know the day so we can schedule our route that day.
Been wanting to see your new house and shop..

Ride safe, Ted

Let's shoot for Friday. I'll have a simple lunch ready for about 20 people or until we run out of food. Will most likely be subway sandwiches, chips, and drinks or something similar.

We are thinking about hosting a lunch stop at my house on either Friday or Saturday, but I'll need a head count to make sure we have enough food. My house is located about 10 miles from Push Mountain Rd, so you could come up and ride Push Mountain and then head over to Mountain Home for lunch. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this.
Let's shoot for Friday. I'll have a simple lunch ready for about 20 people or until we run out of food. Will most likely be subway sandwiches, chips, and drinks or something similar.

This is a very generous offer from Fred & Dianne. (y) Hats off to them!

If there's still room I'd like to ride with you guys for the lunch. It's my first time at this event and don't know who to ride with yet.

If there's still room I'd like to ride with you guys for the lunch. It's my first time at this event and don't know who to ride with yet.
Tom, if you are talking to me, you are welcome to ride with us. I have a route that I usually do up to Mountain Home that is a decent ride.

Just be warned, Mountain Home has at least 3 cops for every resident. The state hwy patrol are located here, as well as county sheriffs office, local police etc. So watch your speed coming into town and the surrounding areas.

How many people are planning to stay at the motel? My camping days are well in the rear view mirror.

How many people are planning to stay at the motel? My camping days are well in the rear view mirror.
Jim:
When I made my reservations for the motel she said there were a few others staying there. I have since canceled mine due to the imposed COVID restrictions and not being able to register for the event. Going to New Mexico to ride the mountains. Much much closer to me anyway. Bought a 2020 FJR1300ES and just finished the break-in. It would be a shame not to let it run!

Have Fun!
Lovelle
COG 4446

Sorry Cliff I cannot make it out there along with my Southwest buddies. Looks like you will have another great turnout! I was really looking forward to riding those marginal Arkansas roads! :D Have a lotta fun and hope everyone enjoys themselves and be safe!

Hey Cliff, I have to cancel.
My sister has tested positive for covid19.
Her symptoms began Oct6th. Minor flue like symptoms for 3 days.
Then loss of smell and taste for 3 days......
So she got tested Wednesday.
Got the positive results yesterday.
She's fine now.

I have not been around my sister since September 20th.
But, she was at our parents last Sunday. I was at our parents last Wednesday.
Best to play it safe.

I have 2 reservations. 1 member, 1 guest.
I believe you have a waiting list.
Do you want to pass me to the first in line, or I can cancel tomorrow with the $10 fee.

Please advise.
Thanks
Bob

Hey Cliff, I have to cancel.
My sister has tested positive for covid19.
Her symptoms began Oct6th. Minor flue like symptoms for 3 days.
Then loss of smell and taste for 3 days......
So she got tested Wednesday.
Got the positive results yesterday.
She's fine now.

I have not been around my sister since September 20th.
But, she was at our parents last Sunday. I was at our parents last Wednesday.
Best to play it safe.

I have 2 reservations. 1 member, 1 guest.
I believe you have a waiting list.
Do you want to pass me to the first in line, or I can cancel tomorrow with the $10 fee.

Please advise.
Thanks
Bob
This really sux...... My wife and I were so looking forward to this.

Since Bob is having to regretfully cancel it will open two spots for the waiting list. I can't access it, but am trying to get it so I can see who's on it that might fill his spots.

I would like to fill these spots in the order the list was made if possible, provided I get the list. However if you'd like to attend contact ONOBob & work out the registration fee between y'all.

Since Bob is having to regretfully cancel it will open two spots for the waiting list. I can't access it, but am trying to get it so I can see who's on it that might fill his spots.

I would like to fill these spots in the order the list was made if possible, provided I get the list. However if you'd like to attend contact ONOBob & work out the registration fee between y'all.
Hey Cliff,

We really should honor the waitlist, which I just sent you in an email. Once we have the next two individuals confirmed, I can help you move them from the waitlist to the registration list.

Cheers!

Mark

Hey Cliff,

We really should honor the waitlist, which I just sent you in an email. Once we have the next two individuals confirmed, I can help you move them from the waitlist to the registration list.

Cheers!

Mark
emails have been to those on the waiting list in the order that they were put on it. No responses yet, so possibly 2 last minute spots left.

Looks like it's going to be good weather. I've got my 😷 and getting ready for a great weekend.
Weather is looking great, slightly above normal temperatures & only 30% chance of rain Friday.
Hi Fred,

I'd like to come for lunch, if there's still room. Thanks!
I'll get a little more accurate head count for Fred during Thurs. night dinner. Some will not see his offer on the forum.

Grocery shopping starts today, got the pasture mowed yesterday, still gotta get the shop cleaned up & pick up a few more tables.

See y'all this week!

emails have been to those on the waiting list in the order that they were put on it. No responses yet, so possibly 2 last minute spots left.

Weather is looking great, slightly above normal temperatures & only 30% chance of rain Friday.

I'll get a little more accurate head count for Fred during Thurs. night dinner. Some will not see his offer on the forum.

Grocery shopping starts today, got the pasture mowed yesterday, still gotta get the shop cleaned up & pick up a few more tables.

See y'all this week!
I plan to be there Thursday around 2pm

The only marginal Arkansas road that I rode, was {drumroll} "your driveway".
The rest were great.

IronButtAl said:
Looking forward to seeing all you knuckleheads again😘

Ideer 🙉;
If {Ironbutt} Al comes, can we make "him" do a "non"-rain dance?
{It might not work, but would be funny as heck}.
Tell him (after he dances),, he can lead us on the rides...

Ride safe, Ted
Ted, you couldn't find a photo of me on the H2R in Frankfurt huh. You're a sick bastard buddy

Your calling "me" {Mr polite/the King of Cool} a sick Bas____? :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Ooooootay; Here's the H2R {and your sleeping Buddy}

PS: See ya soon Honey.

Ride safe, Ted

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 20150803_064618.jpg
    20150803_064618.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 163
And to think I'm going to miss this friendly banter at Cliff's. Have fun. Maybe I'll get to be there next year, that is if this is not the last HMR, again.

For all the Wednesday arrivals, as you know there will be no breakfast Thursday morning. Everything you'll need be here for your use should you want to make your own breakfast. We can handle having coffee for ya.

Last edited: