• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #7 / Final Fall Fling dates

A huge thank you to Cliff and Jimmie and family for a great HMR #7 rally. The camping and fellowship was great, the food was awesome and the roads were amazing as usual.
Hopefully/Maybe we will be hearing about HMR #8 for next year.

Yes, a shoutout to the Burnette family for another great rally, especially with the "event" happening now. We both had a great time. Looking forward to next year?
Thanks again,
J & A

Thanks to Cliff, Jimmie, and family. Also to all the volunteers and attendees. Great to see all the people gathered together safely.
We made it back to Minnesota at about 10:00 PM last night.

Thanks to Cliff, Jimmie and all the food service staff. Ya'll did a great job. Glad everyone got home safely. Hope we can do it again next year.

Made it home to Houston at 6:00.

We had a great time! Cliff and family were excellent hosts as usual.
Friendship/camping/lie swappin'/food/a little beer/ even Doug and Al were there.
Thank you Cliff and family!!!!!

Fred and his luvly bride had lunch for us, at his home on Friday.
As we rode to Fred's, a front came thru and the temps dropped from 70 to 50 in about 1 hour.
{All were thankful for the GREAT HOT SOUP}

I think about 40 were at Cliff's for the gatherin'.
Campfire in the evenings was amazing fun.
{But, we missed our Guitar guy}

And, BEST OF ALL,,,, we rode 800 miles of twisties in 3 days. (y) o_O (y) o_O (y) o_O (y)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I too want to thank Cliff and family for an outstanding rally. Also Fred and his wife, it was an excellent lunch and destination!

And thanks to Phil for a good 2 days of riding. And Jerry for 1 day. It got a chilly on Saturday with Phil's thermometer showing 37 deg at 2000ft altitude.

I'm including a couple pictures. One is from Saturday night , the other is Sunday morning. I made it to Bald Knob and finally had a reason to stop in Bald Knob! Still had a constant 2lb per hour leak so I stopped several times to reup the pressure. That little compressor really slowed down at about 37lbs. All the coin operated compressors are set to 32, and don't have 90 deg chucks.

Attachments

• 20201025_095056[2981].jpg
    20201025_095056[2981].jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 20201024_204007[2982].jpg
    20201024_204007[2982].jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 184
I want to thank Cliff and Jimmie for hosting and everyone for coming to this event. I got a chance to meet up with my COG club members from various places out west and have a couple of days riding the area. You have some beautiful ridding here. In spite of the change in temperatures it was great riding. Sunday I left around 6 (7 eastern) and drove straight thru and got back to Melbourne FL around 11:30. Not too bad for a 1000 mile drive. Stop, get gas, pee, grab a snack and go. Thank god for serius xm. Looking forward to next year.

Glad everybody had a good time & enjoyed attending this little shindig .

Things were done a little different this time due to the virus, but seemed to go well. A great big thanks to everyone that helped out with cooking & serving. Thanks to Jeff Kerkow for securing some items from the store to give away.

Fred Harmon went above & beyond by hosting a lunch at his house Friday.

We had 39 attendees from 12 states & 3 regions.

I didn't take many pictures, but I'll try to get a few posted. Haven't tried it yet with the new server though. Maybe someone else has some good ones to post.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Cliff and family for another great rally!! Got back to Ellijay in 8 hours and then decided to drive home. Got back at 2 am.
David and Jerry, great riding with you both!
David, sorry to hear about the slow leak, glad you made it back home okay.

Last edited:
I'll throw in a few more.

Jim & Al were getting a little to cozy on the 4wheeler.

As usual there were tires replaced, 3 total & one was a car tire on Patti's sidecar rig.

Attachments

• 20201023_191342_resized.jpg
    20201023_191342_resized.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF3084.JPG
    DSCF3084.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF3094.JPG
    DSCF3094.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 20201023_183645_resized.jpg
    20201023_183645_resized.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 191
As always, an awesome event.

The plan to meet the wifey in Albuquerque bit the dust. They are having a kick butt serious winter storm. I'll be back home tomorrow to plan the next adventure.

I caught this pic as the front hit all the way over on 23, the pig trail before 10am Friday.
The next day I took this at the overlook on hwy 9 just east of Jacks/JoJos fish.
Thanks for a great time, rally and ride. You guys are the best.

Attachments

• IMG_3523.jpg
    IMG_3523.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 176

Jim & Al we

Jim & Al were getting a little to cozy on the 4wheeler.

As usual there were tires replaced, 3 total & one was a car tire on Patti's sidecar rig.
e getting a little to cozy on the 4wheeler.

Attachments

• PXL_20201025_004645383.jpg
    PXL_20201025_004645383.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 168
A couple of photos of guys leaning in on me might be a little disturbing for some of you, but we've been good friends for almost 20 years. Cliff and got on cleaning up the garage on Monday to the point he could get his bucket truck back inside. Moved inside so I could get out at 6 Tuesday, raining and 48 so it wasn't the best start. Better weather around Jackson on 55. Drone home as usual. Great seeing everyone after a 3 year absence on my part. Thanks Cliff, such a good rally.

As always, an awesome event.

The plan to meet the wifey in Albuquerque bit the dust. They are having a kick butt serious winter storm. I'll be back home tomorrow to plan the next adventure.
Glad to hear you're OK & stayed out of the nasty stuff. Kind of a good week to be in Floriduh, eh?

Another great time had HMR. Many thanks to Cliff, Jimmie and family for hosting this great event. Also thanks to all those that chipped in to make this a successful rally. Also, thanks to Fred Harmon and his lovely bride for hosting us for lunch on Friday, that soup hit the spot on a cool day.

Kay, Kona and I made it home today at 2pm. Sunday we headed to KC to spend some time with Kay's sister and family. The ride up to KC was cold and drizzly, but we made it up there at 4pm. It snowed Monday and the weather was to be miserably through Thursday so we hung around and left KC on Friday, overnighted in Tupelo and finished it up today.

See everyone one down the road!!

TCARS!!