• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountian Rendevous #4

Made it back home about noon, Ted got home about 6pm. We had a great time and a huge thank you to Cliff (and Mrs. Cliff) for an awesome event.

No doubt a great event.  Cliff you are much appreciated.  I enjoyed my 2 or 3 hours of it.  It's ok cause I was able to start looking forward to next years event before any of the rest of you.  Thank you Cliff and company.

Just got home myself. Considering I was still on the Pig Trail at 2:00, not too bad. Ended up with 554 miles today alone,  1250 in 3 days. Too bad it wasn't on the C-10, but I did push that little VW harder & longer than she ever had been, and she performed like a champ.

Great seeing/meeting everyone. Special thanks to Cliff & clan for their awesome hospitality!

Now to get Connie & Sherpa ready for the National. See y'all there!

The Bandit cruised into Montgomery around 8 PM after 500 miles of NOT using a tow rope.  Special thanks to Roman (snoring soundly in my guest bedroom) for being a guardian angel.  We had some good times, a couple of good meals and some great craft brews.  He still has 700 miles to do tomorrow.

Thank you Cliff and family for another great event.  Matt, your guitar purveyor skills are getting better every year.  That git-box was a pretty sweet instrument to accompany the HSMountain Dueling Drum Dudes.

Nothing but smiles as I reflect on the events of the weekend.  You all showed the best of the magic stuff that makes this group what it is. :)

And... a special thanks to everyone who entered the "How to fix the Bandit" contest.  Someone was a a winner ..... as the problem is "currently solved".  The most immediate result was easily attainable triple digits followed by a smooth idle at approximately 3200 rpm (might need to set that screw back to the original "pre-tinker" position).

So who's advice was ??????          ......"Turn the whole Goldarn bike upside down and shake it real hard?"  :-[ :great:

12SLAG,,, glad you made it home, safe and sound!
{Sorry about your Russian house guest). {He may be permanent}

It fixed itself again????
  {Tell us the rest of the story. {ie; when/how did it fix itself?}...

NOTE: I suspect it was the magic elixir I poured in the tank.
  (A good dose of my cousin's "m'shine" can fix any carb!! )

Robert, that Red bike in front of Trump Tower ain't ugly!
  {It shamed yours so bad,, {drumroll rimshot} that yours had to go home}...

Not sure I'll ever bring the "Gold" tent to another COG rally...
  {It shamed all of the other tents so bad, they had to set up 100 yds from us.}
  PS: I didn't know someone had pained it gold until I opened the bag...

Cliff, thanks again to you and your crew.. GREAT Rally!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Rasmith, thanks again for giving the mufflers to support OtP...
More $$ going to Mark and Dan's travel fund today...

Much obliged for the hospitality and the good friends. Roads were excellent and they still came in at third or fourth best thing about the event. And yes, somewhat ahead of the intercom chatter on the way over.... 😂

Today is recovery day for me, it was a good time & always good to see everyone. It was also nice to see some new faces. We did have some rain, but everyone still got to get out & ride. Some got wet depending on which direction they went. The rain never dampened the nightly fire though.

We did raise $340.00 for OTP. Jeff Nabers won the 50/50 drawing & donated his 1/2 back.

I did find a black Bass Pro Shop bag for tent or sleeping bag along with a tent fly. If you left it contact me & I'll mail it to you.

Thanks to everyone that attended, you are the ones that make this what it is  :)!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Cliff, just wanted to throw my .02 cents in as well, Thank you and the family for everything. Still a great weekend, not withstanding the weather. It was good to see old(easy Ted) faces and meet new ones.  Again, thanks......

Jim

Cliff

Thanks for making my first camping event such a great experience.  The tent and mattress were perfect, kept me dry and warm.  Did learn a few important things about camping, one of those being to keep the pee bottle somewhere in the tent where you can find it in the middle of the night.

Glad I came up early and thanks to Dan, Nicole and Phil for letting me tag along as we blistered the roads and our tires on Thursday.

Looking forward to next year.

Steve

Thanks Cliff and the rest of the rally crew.  A great rally dispite the rain.  The evening fires were awesome.

I had a great time and great to see old friends and make new ones.  :beerchug:

Good times at HMR IV !!!

Thank you to Cliff, Jimmie and family for putting this event on, Kay and I had a great time.

Made it home Sunday about 8pm, Tom rode with us until B-ham and then split off.

The only thing that could have made this better is if we had T-Shirts!!!

When I went to my first Cog event 22 years ago, I told my wife that these are the people I had been looking for all these years.
22 years later it's still true. Good to see everyone.

THANK YOU CLIFF & JIMMIE for everything.

Larry, your music was enjoyed.

Fantastic trip with great people. Thanks all around to those that help put this event together. Cliff and Jimmie you are the best.

The trails were NOT dusty. :)

Had great time at my first HMR! Thanks  to Cliff, Jimmie and everyone else that helped to put this on. Wish the weather was better but it is what it is! Just had to hang out and socialize!
Made it back to Jim's yesterday afternoon after an uneventful trip.

I made a life long decision to keep my winter screen and hand guards on until May from now on. And my Gerbings had an uneventful weekend hanging in the garage too lol

Have to echo all the previous comments. This is an awesome group of people. Not a dull minute all weekend long. Thanks for the ride in the bucket Cliff! Bobby led us on a ride Sat that about lit the rain on fire. Good stuff! Until lunch, but some Pepto and Rolaids and a nap set me straight in time for the banquet and fire on Sat. Jerry baby-sat me for about 80 miles. Thanks buddy.

Glad you made it home without the tow-rope's services Larry  :great:

Got home around midnight Sun night. Storms and more storms - could have stopped - just didn't. I ht the slab somewhere between Memphis and Nashville and sprinted the last 300 miles. Triple digit speeds in the rain does funny things to tires. This was my first and last 190/55. Can't wait for my old Betty back. The 55 didn't jive with me.

Hope to see y'all sooner than later  :beerchug:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Thanks to Cliff and and all the helpers. Us northerners had a great time as usual. Sorry to Nicole for waking her up so early on Sunday morning. Look forward to seeing many of you at the National.

After taking a very roundabout way to get to Arkansas, and then another roundabout way to get back to Florida, I arrived home last night at 2200. 5500 miles total in 10 days of riding. Thanks to Cliff and family for putting on such a great event. It was nice to see recent acquaintances again and to meet new people. Of course riding the great roads in the area was awesome as well.
I had to reroute and stop in Tallahassee and purchase a new rear tire. Amazingly, I got 13840 miles out of this tire (PR4GT), and the front is still going. I guess riding like a girl pays off sometimes :)

Wow, Thanks for sharing the pictures. Someone beat Doug at fire starter? lol
Looks like I'll have to join next year!

My view all day as I tried to keep up with these guys. Guess someone needs to be last :)

We just came off of Hwy 341, Push Mountain. The tires needed to cool down! VERY spirited ride.
Steve in front, Dan centered, and Phil in the background. I think he was looking for something.

We were thinking of the missing SE AAD.... Here's to ya Al.

Sailor_chic said:
I had to reroute and stop in Tallahassee and purchase a new rear tire. Amazingly, I got 13840 miles out of this tire (PR4GT), and the front is still going. I guess riding like a girl pays off sometimes :)

Being a girl in this case is a mere technicality, I have ridden all of you but Steve. I know what kind of elevated pace ya'll keep. I cannot even wrap head around that type of mileage at your pace.

Rico said:
Wow, Thanks for sharing the pictures. Someone beat Doug at fire starter? lol
Looks like I'll have to join next year!

Rico, Doug is just a beginner he still piles wood by hand. I use a front loader & entire tree trunks  :rotflmao:!

Sailor_chic said:

My view all day as I tried to keep up with these guys. Guess someone needs to be last :)

We just came off of Hwy 341, Push Mountain. The tires needed to cool down! VERY spirited ride.
Steve in front, Dan centered, and Phil in the background. I think he was looking for something.

We were thinking of the missing SE AAD.... Here's to ya Al.

Phil's defiantly looking for something  :nananana:.

Cliff  :beerchug: