• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How to convert from Trial Subscriber & Guest to full COG Member

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Thanks for being a trial subscriber of the COG forum and being part of making it a great resource for Concours owners. You may have initially registered to check out the club and see what we are all about, review upcoming activities, research the Concours a bit more before making a purchase, or looking for information to help resolve a technical issue or question. Whatever the reason, hopefully the club's forum and web pages have been useful and informative. If you like what you see, maybe you are ready to take the plunge to become a full club member.

Trial forum subscribers are limited to a 6-month subscription. After that, COG membership is required to continue to make posts and view all sections. There are plans to reduce access to other content and features over time, as well.
Converting to full COG membership is easy by following these steps...
(if you have trouble contact the membership officer)
  1. Go to the main web page www.concours.org, click the Log In button on top left, and log in
    (new users should go to: https://concours.org/join-us)
  2. Click on your name in the top left, and scroll down to Membership Level
  3. Click on Change to the right of your current membership level
  4. Follow along to choose one of the full membership plans
Why pay dues?

We really hope you will give consideration that it is impossible to continue to offer web services at no cost. All COG services (including this forum) are funded by annual membership dues. COG offers a trial forum membership hoping you will check us out, like what you see here, and eventually join the club as a full member.

Club dues are very reasonable at only $37 per year for an individual membership, and $42 for member + associate. Discounted multi-year memberships are also available. Being an all volunteer, not-for-profit club, COG always uses member dues very frugally and tried to provide club members a good value. Many members feel the club magazine, member directory, and rally discount savings alone are worth the cost of membership.

Full club members receive a subscription of our quarterly club magazine, The Concourier, an annual member handbook/directory (mailed once annually in the spring), access to the member's online store (club apparel/stickers/etc), discounts to club events, and more. A comparison of member benefits can be found here: https://concours.org/Membership-Comparison

If the online services the club provides still leaves you undecided if club membership is for you, please consider joining us at one of our activities to get a personal experience. A complete list of activities can be viewed by clicking on Events in the menu. We welcome guests at any of our events.

The Concours Owners Group has always prided itself on being an open club, welcoming riders to participate with us online, and at our rides, rallies, and other activities. Riders of any brand / model motorcycle can be members, which is evident by the many different motorcycles at our activities.

The question is... Why not be a dues paying member?

Last edited:
Amen to this.  I joined recently after a short stint as a forum-only subscriber. The help I received from a nearby member in troubleshooting some weird electrical problems I was having was invaluable.  Well-worth the small price of admission.

06conrad

Road Bike
I second Taliesin.
Lots of help and friendship is available and for the most part you will get it on the "FORUM" side without joining as a "Member" but all the accrued knowledge is organized and locked away for access by members. If you are the type who would prefer to research a problem or a desire for your Concours the Library for members is an incredible wealth of information. While many here love to just be a help they rightfully feel you that a small investment in your chosen hobby is a sign of a person who will give as wel as take. There are leaders here who devote vast amounts of time and effort to bring rides, wrenching sessions, the library and technical pages and most importantly friendship to this group and i for one and proud to have a COG number showing it is a worthy investment to be a part of the group. It is still the best "farkle" in my bag!  ;D

Cap'n Bob

I Need a Life
Although the forum does help people out of trouble. It wasn't my reason to join COG. I just wanted to support the club in which I just happened to own a motorcycle, in which the club was formed. Getting involved with club activities later on down the road is where I really started to appreciate COG.
But Steve did a nice job showing forum members how to join if they would like. It's the first step towards membership in a great motorcycle club.

The forum is seriously helpful, to be sure.  However, I joined because I know that hosting and domain costs are not free.  I wanted to support the club that helped me out in a tight situation.  I am not an organized events kind of guy, so I don't know if I'll really be able to participate or not, but really appreciated the help.  :)  Worth it for the Concourier, too.  I've been eyeing Steve's 2-minute mod for awhile, and his explanation of its genesis was just what I was needing to see. :)

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
Gee, I joined because I bought a Concours and I thought you guys were OK.  Then I joined and found out the truth.  This club is great! 

mitchvon

Mini Bike
What the heck.  When you think of all the money you spend on stuff for yourself or the bike, $37.00 is a drop in the bucket.

All the great support from members and the wealth of knowledge available in the forums it is money well spent.  I figure it's the least I can do to keep the lights on.

2linby

Sport Tourer
Rev Ryder said:
Gee, I joined because I bought a Concours and I thought you guys were OK.  Then I joined and found out the truth.  This club is great!

Well we all (well some of us, er maybe most of us..... alright very few of us) think you are oh........ well oh........ arghhhhhh!  OK too!  >:D

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
2linby said:
Rev Ryder said:

Well we all (well some of us, er maybe most of us..... alright very few of us) think you are oh........ well oh........ arghhhhhh!  OK too!  >:D

Gee...  ~sniff~ that's the nicest thing you ever said to me Bob.  ;D

See what I mean? Great!

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Concours Canuck said:
Would be lovely if the COG membership page would accept PayPal...any chance?

Unfortunately not...  it is not a supported payment type by the online service we use.

connie_rider

Like many, I joined because I had a Connie.
That was 11+ years ago.
I'm still here because of the people in this club!  Great folks! (even Rev, well/err kinda)

Side note: If you show your COG Membership Card to the parts manager at Kawasaki Dealerships (and ask), most will allow you a discount on Kawasaki Parts.

Ride safe, Ted

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Thanks to the many forum subscribers who converted to full membership this summer. 

If you are on the fence please come to a local club activity, meet some of our great members, and see how COG is much more than an internet forum. For those who have been waiting for a special invitation... consider being invited.
See the start of this thread on how to convert from forum subscriber to full COG member.

connie_rider

There is an easy way to decide to become a full member.

Find out when there is a COG ride.
          Come ride with us!!
            You'll be hooked.

E'nuff sed.

Ride safe, Ted

davemuir

Crotch Rocket
Converting from a Forum member to a full Club member is easy....
Converting from a full Club member to a forum member is the tough part  :rotflmao:
Even time I've tried, I've failed!

udoggie

Mini Bike
FYI, for what it's worth, I just joined as a member, after being a forum-only user for a while.

Allowing this sort of access was key to getting me to join, sort of like a try-before-you-buy.

-UD

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Udoggie said:
FYI, for what it's worth, I just joined as a member, after being a forum-only user for a while.

Allowing this sort of access was key to getting me to join, sort of like a try-before-you-buy.

Welcome to COG - thanks for becoming a member. 

The club has always had a try-before-you-buy philosophy... online and at any of our activities.   

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
Attaboy UDoggie.  U da man...  er... doggie... er... whatever.

Anyways, good form ol' boy!  :)
Hope to see ya at the upcoming National.

giff57

I upgraded recently but my profile does not reflect the change, does it take awhile for the upgrade to kick in?

connie_rider

Giff,  (I think) you have to log off and back on.
If you have yours set up to stay logged in, it won't change.

Ride safe, Ted

The Doctor

Bicycle
Roger Dodger said:
Ask your insurance company for a discount when you join COG. Dairyland gave me 5 or 10 % off.  Pays for itself.  YmmV

What's the logic behind the discount? I get the MSF course completion is basically a defensive driving certification, which probably means less crashes. Just not sure how COG membership would prove to be a benefit to insurance companies?

roger dodger

Membership in a paid organization helps riders be safer and more conscientious.

I also get a discount for MSF class and a multi-bike discount.  ;)

kz1000 ST/GTR

Big Wheel
Steve thanks for your help & input on this group earlier tonight on joining this group & i m looking forward on hooking with you soon in Williamsport not just for a cycle meeting but @ the Rally it self thanks..

HeavyRotation

Mini Bike
Well, i said if i lived to the now year I'd pay my dues. I have greatly enjoyed the forum for the last 9 or 10 months and benefitted from the knowledge here and bought helpful stuff off the classifieds. I really enjoyed the folks at the Ride the Ribbon Rally in John Day this August, especially Bob, Kendra and Zxstasy and nephew on the gixxer whose name ive forgotten. So i paid up today. Looking forward to the Natty in my backyard, may be able to provide some local camping for out of staters at local family property. Anyway, hope to see you all in June at The Couve. I will be volunteering to guide a quick group with a penchant for photo ops. Thanks for all you do as an organization and I'm proud to support this enterprise with my 37 dollhairs. Have a great ride this week, or several!

ron203

Southeast Area Director
HeavyRotation said:
Oh hey, when can i get the member directory.

It's published once per year and is mailed to all actively registered COG members at that  time, but not Forum Subscribers. If you have recently registered, contact Fred Boothe, he might have one of last year's just waiting to be mailed to you. 

HeavyRotation

Mini Bike
ron203 said:
HeavyRotation said:
Oh hey, when can i get the member directory.

It's published once per year and is mailed to all actively registered COG members at that  time, but not Forum Subscribers. If you have recently registered, contact Fred Boothe, he might have one of last year's just waiting to be mailed to you.
No joy, anyone got a book? Thanks.

MAN OF BLUES

log out of the forum fully, then log back on, you should see your Cog status, under your name, change to show your COG member number, if it is not there, drop a note to Fred Boothe, the membership fellow, and ask 'nicely' wass'up, I'm sure he will apply your data in short order... he's pretty good at that. Thanks for joining,
all should be good then, but also ask him for a directory.

ride safe,