• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hunt for Red October?

Crashcup said:
This isn't on the event calendar...

Keith

I have not talked to Dave about the event but maybe someone else has. 

:06:

Let us know how you want to help by gathering door prizes, organizing hotel dates and rates, etc.

I know when we wrapped up last year that there was talk of finding a new venue as the restaurant burned down.

Hi Jeff,  I had not heard about the fire at the Don Q.  That's a shame.  Very unique place!

I've really been out of the loop for the last few years... I figured I'd look at the calendar and pick one ride and try my best to at least make it to one this season. Just really surprised that the Hunt wasn't there, I know it's been going on for a long time.

Keith

The unattached restaurant burned down, the Don Q is the same as it always was. The “Hunt” will likely return this year for the usually scheduled second week in October 12 - 14. There will be a decision to make on the banquet, it would be ideal if the Don Q would allow us to take over the upper game room area, have it catered or order a bunch of pizzas.
The Don Q is old, a little out dated and quirky, much like us. It’s a good fit but it might be time to move on to a place that is set up with a banquet facility.

likesbikes said:
The unattached restaurant burned down, the Don Q is the same as it always was. The “Hunt” will likely return this year for the usually scheduled second week in October 12 - 14. There will be a decision to make on the banquet, it would be ideal if the Don Q would allow us to take over the upper game room area, have it catered or order a bunch of pizzas.
The Don Q is old, a little out dated and quirky, much like us. It’s a good fit but it might be time to move on to a place that is set up with a banquet facility.

May I offer an alternate location not too far from the Don Q inn?  I live in Reedsburg, about an hour or so drive from there
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Don+Q+Inn,+Wisconsin+23+Trunk,+Dodgeville,+WI/The+Voyageur+Inn+and+Conference+Center,+Viking+Drive,+Reedsburg,+WI/@43.2629411,-90.3808478,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x87fd6568432c73d7:0xc916a4724499ba20!2m2!1d-90.1415222!2d42.9926373!1m5!1m1!1s0x88075f6c25e7b145:0x518332bb756fe7bb!2m2!1d-89.9857085!2d43.5349994

I have no idea if it is available but am more than willing to help find out.  It has a similar "Dated" appeal to it.  The restaurant is reasonable and the rooms aren't too bad either.  May be able to secure a block of rooms if that is a good idea.  Please PM me if anyone thinks this is a good alternative.  Several other Bike groups have used it and it seems to be working for them.
https://www.magnusonhotels.com/hotel/voyageur-inn-and-conference-center/

Thanks for keeping this topic alive, Jerry.

Not being from the area, I am not familiar with options to the Don Q Inn.

Riding anywhere in the area of alphabet roads is great.

Talk to you later,
MWH

I'm in. I finally signed up today. Delaine will not be with me this year. One of her first daycare kids, who is my youngest son's best friend, is getting married that Saturday.. I probably should be going to the wedding, but the Hunt is calling. The new tires on the bike need scrubbing.

2wheelrush said:
Just signed up. Got the e-mail notice. Otherwise I would of forgot. All set Matt.

Glad to read that the extra email notice found its way to more people.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Don Q this weekend!

MWH