• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I’m back!

firedaniel

Was around for years with a 93 and 94 Connie. Steve did carbs a few times on it for me. Also Had every farkle known to man on it lol. Sold it a few years ago when my dad quit riding. Well my uncle just sold me his 08 for $1500. It’s been sitting for awhile under a tarp needs a bath and some TLC. Has 12000 miles on it! It starts and runs great. Working on front breaks now as they are all nasty and gummed up. Then all the rest of the fluids. and tires. Did find a mouse made a home in the back by tail light and chewed up wires. But I think I’ve repaired all of that. Saddle bags are a lost cause. Hope to find a set. Seat was ok shape.

Looking forward to riding again!

Thanks.

Welcome back. The 08 C14 is kind of a different animal than the old C10. But also similar at the same time. Enjoy riding it. !2K miles is quite low for a 15 year old bike. So you could put a lot of miles on it. But it being a 08. Make sure you read up, have a small hammer, K rock or other method in case of the dreaded stuck ignition switch syndrome that Kawasaki said never happened before they changed the spring. :)

Welcome back Daniel!

Just did a restoration for someone of a 1999 that also sat a long, long time. Rock solid machines, look at all the rubber parts (hoses, seals, spark plug coils and caps, carb ducts/boots), flush every fluid possible including the tank and you’ll probably be seeing Steve again soon!

Sounds you got lucky on the minimal rodent damage! How’s the seat?

Have you been riding any other motorcycle during your time away from COG?

See you around?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Check to make certain yhe rear brake has been fixed according to the RECALLS! Do a search for rear brake RECALLS and you find there were actually 2. Some owners had issues with pebbles getting caught in the linkage causing the rear caliber to stick. There was also a recall for the saddlebag latching mechanism, but if they're toast just about any set u get should be the new and improved. But u might want to pin them just in case. Threads here on the forum showing u how to do that as well.

Welcome back, and be prepared they are sneaky fast and b4 u know it itll be humming along at 80 when it only feels like 35...

Thanks everyone. Got all fluids changed had a short ride tonight. Got some work to do on her but she seems solid! Dang it’s quick 😂

Welcome back Daniel. As you can see, some of us old timers are still here.
Hope to see you on the road.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Chris mis-expressed RED.
But RED would be best. 😀

Last edited:
Lol no its not red it’s Silver. I found a broke mirror bracket, mice nest isn’t he rear taillight area…. Lol. It’s a fun project but a solid bike. Looking forward to getting it going!