• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I am going to the dark side LOL

COGnosticator

I just ordered a set of these:
shinko_011-verge_radial_st-tire_MD.jpg

Shinko Verge 011  198.99 delivered from Jake Wilson

I will be doing a lot of flat lander riding between now and Run with the wolf so who know, maybe they will be a good tire, or go back to the Pirelli angels

Jerry, be careful on the new tires.  :D

Hopefully they will work out well for you. Maybe you could keep us up with your thoughts and such as you run them through their life cycle!

BBAR said:
Jerry, be careful on the new tires.  :D

Hopefully they will work out well for you. Maybe you could keep us up with your thoughts and such as you run them through their life cycle!

I will keep this forum updated when I get them on.  The first ride should be to Gator Joes, straight down I95 then straight two lane Fl roads  :D

I may be able to find a cloverleaf to test out the sidewalls  :eek:

Zorlac said:
That rear tar needs to be a lot flatter to be truly dark.

Give it time  :D  The only reason I put dark side was too many people think the PR2's are the ONLY tire to run on the C14 and anything else is blasphemy  :eek:

COGnosticator said:
Zorlac said:

Give it time  :D  The only reason I put dark side was too many people think the PR2's are the ONLY tire to run on the C14 and anything else is blasphemy  :eek:

Yeah, ain't that the truth! And most of them have never tried anything else other than the OEM tire on their C14!  :eek:

Since my bike is still fairly new, only 1575 miles I will be looking for the updates on these tires. I will probably be ready for new tires in May before our annual "GUYS ONLY RIDE".

Cap'n Bob said:
COGnosticator said:
Zorlac said:

Yeah, ain't that the truth! And most of them have never tried anything else other than the OEM tire on their C14!  :eek:

Some of us are quite happy with our PR2's and have no reason to try another brand !
I'm on my 5th set and have better than 38,000 miles on these tires, they work for me and are by far the best tire for this bike!

COGnosticator said:
I just ordered a set of these:
shinko_011-verge_radial_st-tire_MD.jpg

Shinko Verge 011  198.99 delivered from Jake Wilson

I will be doing a lot of flat lander riding between now and Run with the wolf so who know, maybe they will be a good tire, or go back to the Pirelli angels

Pardon me, but you are not going to the "dark side".  If you look at how the "dark side" is used to describe motorcycle tires, on the "dark side" means you are using a CAR TIRE on the rear.  Been there, done that on a 1800C VTX and won't do it again.

tthompsr said:
Some of us are quite happy with our PR2's and have no reason to try another brand !
I'm on my 5th set and have better than 38,000 miles on these tires, they work for me and are by far the best tire for this bike!

Please don't take this personally, But this statement is my point exactly. You basically state that you have never tried anything other than the PR2 on your C14. Yet you also state that the PR2's: "are by far the best tire for this bike!"
How could you personally know what is best? IMO, you seem have little if any experience to make such a statement!  By your statements it seems to me like you only have experience with the PR2. So how can you make your claim of the PR2's, "are by far the best tire for this bike!"?
I will cut you some slack that you may like the tires your defending. But it seems to me that you have no experience on other tires to make any other determination. I guess by your standards, if you only tried knobby off road tires on the bike, they would be the best tires for the bike! This is not meant to be aimed at you personally. But with that said.  Most people who don't agree with your statement have actually tired other tires on the C14!  ;) 

Son of a beauch, this is the 4th attempt to post to this thread.

I mounted the tires yesterday, no pictures as this forum only allows 128kb pics  :eek: and I have to wait 60 seconds between post, so this post has taken me almost 5 friggin minutes

My first ride will be this Sat to Cedar Key for lunch.  About a 580 mile day, so I can report on straight line performance  :eek:

Jerry, do you have a webshots (or other account)? You could just do a direct link from there. That's what I do most of the time.

Cap'n Bob said:
Jerry, do you have a webshots (or other account)? You could just do a direct link from there. That's what I do most of the time.

I have a pbase account but was too lazy to upload to there then post the link.  I can post the pics on the other forums, they are only 156kb each, I had reduced them so I could but 128kb is crazy

RAMrider said:
Pardon me, but you are not going to the "dark side".  If you look at how the "dark side" is used to describe motorcycle tires, on the "dark side" means you are using a CAR TIRE on the rear.  Been there, done that on a 1800C VTX and won't do it again.

They know that.  It's a joke.  He even said it was a joke, and why. 

(Darkside VTX 1800C person myself, and I'd do it again)

Well, I wound up getting a whopping 2,950 miles out of the rear tire.  :'(

I just mounted a 009 Raven as I was told that would be the proper Shinko for the C14, I guess when Shinko wrote the 011 Verge was a high mileage sporttouring tire they must ride like little old ladies  ::)