• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I can take you there.... if you want to go?

ONOBob

Hey fellow COGers,
This is located in south eastern KY.
Between my home town Hyden KY, and Hazard KY

Ride Safe
ONOBob

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 87

ONOBob

wayne-o said:
Does it live up to its name in anyway  ? Lemme guess, it ends at a Harley dealer.

Oh No, it certainly lives up to it's name.
Better suited to Adventure bikes than Sport Tourers.
Its an area where a several hollows all meet, not a flat spot in the area.
A lot of the road is still gravel.

My family cemetery is on top of a mountain at the west side of the area

US 461 from Richmond KY to Harlan is nice ride, see a few groups of riders pass thru town these days

ONOBob

Boomer said:
I'd rather go for a

Hey Boomer,
Agreed.... I'm too old and beat up for the adventure bike stuff

Wickford UK?.  West coast area....  I never made into your neck of the woods.

I did spend a fair amount of time in the midlands(Leicester), Wales( Cardiff)
and Scotland ( Prestwick, Largs, Troon)  during my working days.
If your into golf,  I even got lucky enough to play The Old Course, Old Prestwick and Turn-berry

Didn't spend time in London other than the Gatwick
I did take the "Chevy Chase" tour of London one day, enroute on train between Leicester and Cardiff. ;)
Checked my bags at the station, and walked around for the day....
exited the tube at Big Ben, across the bridge, the palace, up Pall Mall to Picadilly ,

Beautiful city. 
I'm big fan of the UK.
Wish I could come back and "ride" around for a while.

Have you been to Isle of Man?  That's a bucket list item.... not likely, but one can dream

Cheers
ONO Bob

Amphibsailor

Interesting.  Grace and I visited Hell last November.  Hell was the name of a small town in the Cayman Islands.  Not much there besides a small store and a post office.

MAN OF BLUES

Interesting... I play ADV Adventure Tag, where we ride, take a picture, post it and someone posts a similar or same shot, and then posts a new tag.. about 12 years ago, I started a Game called "666- The road to Hades"
All of the roads crisscrossing the USA with the number "666" (or "999") were the subject... it's still going on, and occasionally we get a "new" post, I found and shot a bunch of them...
There are also lots of Hell signs....

If you subscribe to ADV you can find the game here;
https://advrider.com/f/threads/666-road-to-hades-show-us-you-been-there.514336/