• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I have no idea

silverfoxxx

Iv recently put a Denali air horn on the 2013 C14. It works and sound great.
The strange problem is when I use it, like sound it for more than just short beeps, the turn signals both left and right will not work until I shut the bike down. Signals work like nothing happened when I start it back up. Any thoughts?

I'll make a wild guess... Poor ground.

I'd disconnect the new horn and see if signals return to normal.

Didn't this bike just get a new wiring harness installed because of mice damage? If so it opens a hole host of possibilities, otherwise I'd go with Harry's reply.

iv got over a 1000 miles on the new wiring harnesses. The horn just recently added couple days ago. This issue only shows up when I really give a long blast of the horn. Turn signals return to normal after shutting bike off. Short beeps don’t cause them to stop signaling.

Still sounds like an electrical connection issue (obviously).
A long blast on the horn would draw a bit of current, possibly heating up a poor connection, overloading a circuit path.

Since one load affects the other, you will have to trace them out to find the cause. You may have to enlist the help of a couple of multi-meters to check the current draw on each path when blowing the horn. I would be ohm-ing out the connections for high resistance.

Is there anyone in your zipcode who can help you out? They will need good electrical troubleshooting skills.

Had the same with my sailor chic's hooters (with relay). Bad connection (load side) just draws to many amps. Tracked it down at the PA Nat. Problem solved.

Definitely current draw. How long you were on the horn tells that story.

I was going to ask if you had a signal canceling mod, but connecting the horn with out a relay is something that needs attention no matter what mods you may or may not have.

"...will not work until I shut the bike down"
Are you testing with engine running, or engine stopped but ignition on?
Are the turn signals OEM or LED?
How old is the battery?