• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I renewed or subscribed

danmcdermott

Moderators please find a better place for this posting as I may not have posted in the best location.

I renewed my subscribtion to COG because I believe in paying for what I use and I have benefited greatly from COG members advise, experience and opinions. Before I purchased my first Concours I lurked on this site for nearly a year learning about the bike; it's issues and exceptions. After purchasing my Connie this site has been invaluable for make me to make informed decisions of what is done to my Connie and ultimately made me the only person that does anything to her. Since then I have place over 90,000 miles on my bike with no mechanical breakdowns whatsoever. Thank you COG members for providing me with everything I need to confidently ride mile after mile with perfect performance and amazingly comfortable upgrades.

I gladly renew my membership as I believe in paying for what I use. COG members....I have used your knowledge and experience to take maintenance into my own hands keeping my connie running perfectly for almost 100,000 miles......COG volunteers....I have used your site because you selflessly try to separate useful from non useful information making it easy for a person like me to dive into maintaining my own motorcycle. Thank you everyone...it always takes a village.

Thank you everyone that contributes to this site,

Antibus

I think I'm gonna cry....well said.  With the knowledge you've garnered, if you havent felt like your qualified to pay it forward, your short changing yourself.  Everyone has something to contribute.  As you've discovered we join for the bike, and stay because of ALL the wonderful people.  Here on the forum, volunteers and hard working rally planners, and even the lowly AaD's, who do alot that's not noticed.  I'm glad 'we' could be of service to you, and now the torch is to be passed on to you.  By your participation responding to others pleas for help!!

You have done well grasshopper.....

Fight the good fight!!!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :13: :13:

Good Stuff!!!

I'll be renewing for my third year next month! :great: :motonoises:

konehead said:
I think I'm gonna cry....well said.  With the knowledge you've garnered, if you havent felt like your qualified to pay it forward, your short changing yourself.  Everyone has something to contribute.  As you've discovered we join for the bike, and stay because of ALL the wonderful people.  Here on the forum, volunteers and hard working rally planners, and even the lowly AaD's, who do alot that's not noticed.  I'm glad 'we' could be of service to you, and now the torch is to be passed on to you.  By your participation responding to others pleas for help!!

You have done well grasshopper.....

Fight the good fight!!!

Also well said.

Well put and and expresses how many of us feel.

[size=18pt]”Since then I have placed over 90,000 miles on my bike with no mechanical breakdowns whatsoever”

:motonoises:  :beerchug:

Well said Antibus.
Will we be seeing you at next years National?
Would like to meet you in person and shake your hand.

Ride safe, Ted

4Bikes said:
Well put and and expresses how many of us feel.

[size=18pt]”Since then I have placed over 90,000 miles on my bike with no mechanical breakdowns whatsoever”

:motonoises:  :beerchug:

+1  :great:

SteveJ. said:
Just renewed for year #18

:??: :??:

I just got my new card today in the mail, showing my I have 16 years... since 8/03...

Funny how that arrived just today... in good thru 2020..

MAN OF BLUES said:
SteveJ. said:
Just renewed for year #18

:??: :??:

I just got my new card today in the mail, showing my I have 16 years... since 8/03...

Funny how that arrived just today... in good thru 2020..
Awesome. MoB, you're one of several here who really gives back to our organization; substantially beyond what one would expect. We appreciate you and others who take time for those of us who are less mechanically inclined. If no one else resembles that remark, then I'll own it myself. :)

Hmmm.  I see a cold in ur 2020 future...and it's the week of the national... which is practically in ur backyard.  If I were to choose the days to be there (if I were limited in time becuz 'my' cough cough cold) it would be wed Thursday cuz u have to be there for the banquet!!!

Yupp, cough/cough...
If you can't be there during the week, be there the weekend before. National starts on Monday, but many {including me} will be arriving early...

Ride safe, Ted

Let's get back on topic here.....please.

Craig

now that we are back on topic; any way we could have someone post just how many "new" members we picked up in the last year, or even 6 months? Specifically new members, and also renewals.. it would be nice to see how much we are 'growing", and give us a barometer reading on "trends". It would also be nice to see it shown per "zone", so we can get a consensus on where to put our cumulative efforts, into helping the group grow, in areas where it's "lean".  Information on this stuff seems pretty sparse, if at all visible. We can't fix it if we don't have diagnostic tools.. (says the guy that repairs bikes..) :rotflmao:

I renewed my membership because this site is and continues to be valuable to me. My intent was to make that statement. My intent was not to provide a jumping off point for feuds, gripes or unfinished business. This site is valuable to me in knowledge and experience. Initially I only focused on the technical wealth as I wanted to learn how to maintain my Connie myself and I did...no small part to this site. I also learned of accessories that I depend on and riding gear that I have chosen to invest in and gladly after many miles.

I renewed my subscription because I find value in this site and the information, expertise, and camaraderie I receive because of it.

wasn't using your thread as a segway, just used it because I noticed it, and am curious how many are joinng lately, as we had so many various threads in general about "should I/why I don't/ etc., " over the last 2 years.

please accept my thanking you for renewing,  :great: :beerchug:

Thanks accepted, and a thanks to you for the many times your technical knowledge offered kept me from making my mistakes bigger!

MAN OF BLUES said:
wasn't using your thread as a segway, just used it because I noticed it, and am curious how many are joinng lately, as we had so many various threads in general about "should I/why I don't/ etc., " over the last 2 years.

please accept my thanking you for renewing,  :great: :beerchug:

I just signed up because i met some very nice people at the one event i went to and I'm hopeful that's a trend. Also this place is unique in that i feel like i don't know much, and that's novel for me. Lots of high mileage riders here with tons of knowledge, sure opinions differ but we all share a love of large bore 4 cylinder sport touring. Anyway, hope to see everyone in The Couve this year!