• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Idea for a SW weekend ride

OMoaC

With Halloween upcoming how apropos. I've always been fascinated with old historic graveyards. Standing there looking at a headstone from 1905 and wondering how life was there and then. Have been to some of the East Coast cemeteries going back to the 1600's where the stone was so weather worn you could barely read them. Have been to several here in NV. The true definition of middle of now where. Was thinking of sewing several together for a weekend ride. Friday through Sun. A flower sniffing and historical tour. Stay a different place each night. Lot's of places to stay. Beatty, Tonopah, Pioche, Virginia City, Ely, Caliente. I would suspect that the same can be done in CA, AZ, UT, CO and NM. Thought's? Any interest and I'll try to knit a route together.

Lots of old graves in Skull Valley just outside of Prescott AZ, nice riding in the area as well.

Sounds interesting!  Thinking this fall?  Or this a spring thing?  Alas, my 12 day ride to Big Bend has used up my available budget for a while...

Prolly spring. There is those awesome roads in Skull Valley and Bagdad AZ. Remember those Cman?

Sounds good to me and the COG riders in SoCal!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great: