• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Idiot move followed by another

nickrides

A couple of days ago I was doing a Uturn on a boat launch ramp I thought the bike was in 1st gear. As I turned up hill I rolled on some gas and the bike stopped and fell over. Idiot move #1
So I'm  standing there and try to pick it up with the backward lift technique, but not being in gear it wants to grind down hill.
So pulling idiot  move #2 I just get pissed and grab it and try to pick it up and really blow out my lower back ouch.
A couple minute later a couple guys pull up and help me get it up.
But my back is wrecked
Lesson learned GET Some Help!!
The 300+ mile ride back home was tough
When In doubt GET SOME HELP
Nick
2014 C 14

Getting help is ALWAYS the best option. If help is unavailable, learn the proper techniques. If bike is laying on it's left side, put it in first gear before trying to lift it. Same for the right side but, put the side stand down and hold the front brake lever. These are things I learned the hard way. ::) :-[

I think we should have a class at the next Nationals.

We could use Ted's bike for practice, throwing it over on both sides, again, and again until everyone has a chance to lift it up properly.

And if we still need more practice, we can do it all over again. ;D

I think Ted has a C10 and a C14 we can use.

Now THAT is a GREAT idea!  :great: Someone needs to suggest it to the next rally master (or at least to their AD so if/when the BoD chooses to let us know) they can encourage the rally master to schedule it. :motonoises:

When the bike is laying on the left side in neutral how would you put it in gear? could you reach around underneath it from the bottom?

Update
After I tried to pick up my C-14 back in June and wrecked my back.. after a week of bad pain my wife said go get a Xray now.
I had fractured my L4 into 5 pieces! Ouch that Fu*%king hurt bad.
3 months later all better
Pain free
Those Connies are Top Heavy
Ride Safe in 2020
Nick

I've dropped mine 4 times 1 trying to get it off the trailer bringing it home first time. 2 pulled up to my friends shop thought i put the kickstand down but just made the center stand stick . 3,4 turned right up hill to back into her parking spot and used the front brake as she starts to go over you grab with the right hand to stop her game over.