• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

If you don't like it, I'll give your money back

ONOBob

The North Central Area hosts some of the best American Flat Track Racing races in the country.
  https://www.americanflattrack.com

The Springfield Illinois Mile, and the Lima Ohio Half Mile, are IMO, the best racing Ive ever seen.... ever.
The Red Mile in Lexington Ky is good, the racing is not quite as good due the narrow line, but it is a very nice facility

The Springfield mile is 2 race weekend over Labor Day, makes it worth the drive.
There is on site camping at both Springfield and Lima.

Until recent years, this was a "mostly Harley" event.  Not anymore.
Indian has dominated the last 3 years, with Kawasaki privateers winning in previous years.
The Twins Production class last year was won by Yamaha

The singles class has virtually all Japan and Euro makes represented
  My favorite in the class singles class is KTM rider Shayna Texter.. She is awesome.
  If not for the TTs and short tracks she would contend for a national title every year.

We take a group to all 3 races every year.
Hope to see ya there.
And, If you don't like it, I'll give your money back.

Best Regards
ONO Bob

connie_rider said:
If I were in your area, I would definitely be interested.

Ride safe, Ted

come on up to Ohio Ted, we can go to Lima (the prison town, aka...) and camp and enjoy the races..  :great: :motonoises: :motonoises:

I may get to one of the Ohio races -- when AMA ran them, they used to show up in Hagerstown and had a good crowd each year, but no recently -- have just watched online the last couple of years, but the manufacturers have really livened this up under the AFT label...

MAN OF BLUES said:
connie_rider said:
If I were in your area, I would definitely be interested.

Ride safe, Ted

come on up to Ohio Ted, we can go to Lima (the prison town, aka...) and camp and enjoy the races..  :great: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Wish I could...
Taking care of Mom now. Cuts down on my away time.

Ride safe, Ted